Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A British Aid Worker Beheaded by ISIS

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
hard to compare what IS is doing with regard to all their beheadings and Saudi capital punishment though

Let me see, beheading innocents on camera versus the act of burying a woman up to her waist and stoning her to death for adultery ? Nope, both equally barbaric in my mind I'm afraid.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Mustafa. Are you for real. So it is America and the UK's fault that a small percentage of Muslims think it is ok to behave like medieval barbarians. Don't be silly.

Is he actually saying that?! What is an undoubted fact is that the Wests actions over the last century in the Middle East, and particularly in the last 30 or 40 years, both in its quest for oil and changing the geo-political landscape, whether through supplying weapons to unsavoury regimes, supporting Israel or corrupt and undemocratic Arab regimes and numerous other actions over the years has led to increased support for extreme Islamists such as IS on the back of a anti-imperialist message!!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
egg fookin' zactly ....avenge the crusades is what it's all about to the "charismatic mullahs" who are brainwashing these people , and i use the term brainwashing as , and i ask you , what on earth , in the 21st century , could make a person believe that they need to commit murder to gain approval of their god and gain entry to their version of heaven...?? W.T.F.F...!!!

As you obviously needed it spelling out a bit more clearly see post 129 above!!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
ISIS , acting as proper muslims are instructed to .

Quran 9:5

"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What we found out was tosh was that the WMDs ever existed. We also found out that our governments were too keen to believe the inside information that said they existed. But they did believe they existed.

I completely disagree. As do MILLIONS of others! Bush and Blair wanted a war and that was their very poorly fabricated excuse.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that last week I read that the SAS had the details of the executioner and were going to 'take him out' and operate a rescue mission for the brits, what happened there?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
ISIS , acting as proper muslims are instructed to .

Quran 9:5

"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

And your point is?

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I thought that last week I read that the SAS had the details of the executioner and were going to 'take him out' and operate a rescue mission for the brits, what happened there?

At your age you should know better than to believe the British press

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I don't know what the answer is, we have created an atrocious mess there. Helping Assad restore peace would be a start though.

If we decide to bomb Iraq yet again - this problem will never end. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Your credibility has gone out of the window. You know he used chemical weapons to kill thousands of innocent people don't you?

One minute it's all our fault for intervening, the next you're saying we should intervene to assist a war criminal!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
It is now time for positive action by the West on a very large scale. It seems that there are only 30,000 of the jihadists so it should be possible to wipe out most of them with a barrage of well targetted air strikes. The time for pussy footing around has ended. It's time the scum-bags of IS were put in their place.

Yeah because they are all going to sit in six groups of five thousand each so that we can wipe them out with half a dozen rockets - I'm SURE it must be that simple!!!
Or just maybe we have at lat learnt lessons from Afghanistan and Iraq and realised that we can't defeat an insurgency on the ground where they have support of at least some of the locals - whether that support is real or induced by terror and fear?!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It's a possibility that he used chemical weapons, but there is no solid evidence of that, the state denied it, it is just as likely the chemical weapons were used by the Syrian rebels - but that's a different debate.

The point is that the IS has hugely benefited from the Syrian civil war & Western support of the rebels. Peace in Syria would be a huge step towards defeating them, so supporting Assad to return peace to Syria should be a priority (but it won't be)
It's not 'just as likely', that's a lazy analysis. But even if there were 'only' a 50% chance that he did, that's low enough to give him military backing is it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What we found out was tosh was that the WMDs ever existed. We also found out that our governments were too keen to believe the inside information that said they existed. But they did believe they existed.

Have to say that it isn't quite clear what you are saying?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have to say that it isn't quite clear what you are saying?
Iraq didn't let the UN inspect their nuclear research, and it wasn't clear what Iraq were and were not capable of. Western leaders were concerned about Iraq's weapons and also wanted to remove Saddam from power for other reasons. Iraq insiders provided 'proof' that they were developing WMDs, and IMO that was enough for Bush and Blair, whereas I believe they should have investigated the claims a lot more thoroughly, and found that they were completely false, by Iraqis that also wanted to remove Saddam. But it's my opinion that Bush and Blair believed (because they wanted to) the claims were true.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's a possibility that he used chemical weapons, but there is no solid evidence of that, the state denied it, it is just as likely the chemical weapons were used by the Syrian rebels - but that's a different debate.

The point is that the IS has hugely benefited from the Syrian civil war & Western support of the rebels. Peace in Syria would be a huge step towards defeating them, so supporting Assad to return peace to Syria should be a priority (but it won't be)

Assad is the most westernised leader in the Middle East and he spent many years over in the UK as a medical student. If anyone looks into his history to try and find a monster they will be massively disappointed. He is exactly the type of leader the west needs in the area but the west is now blaming him for letting ISIS grow in Syria, even though we encouraged the revolt against him. The west would have celebrated his brutal death and that is how twisted the morals of this story are.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Left wing newspaper stories v Right wing newspaper stories.

Anyone actually been over there to see for themselves what's happening?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Iraq didn't let the UN inspect their nuclear research, and it wasn't clear what Iraq were and were not capable of. Western leaders were concerned about Iraq's weapons and also wanted to remove Saddam from power for other reasons. Iraq insiders provided 'proof' that they were developing WMDs, and IMO that was enough for Bush and Blair, whereas I believe they should have investigated the claims a lot more thoroughly, and found that they were completely false, by Iraqis that also wanted to remove Saddam. But it's my opinion that Bush and Blair believed (because they wanted to) the claims were true.

Amazing, people seem to forget that Saddam had murdered, chemically killed his own people for years. The right on's had voiced and demonstrated that Saddam was a despot and needed to be stopped. Then after he and his army/followers were destroyed...the same right ons are saying it would have been best to leave him in power...so these right on's would still be bleating today if that was the case
Getting rid of Saddam left the door open for others in this backward ideology to step forward, and they have. So a no win situation then, except a war we should have kept out of....or not. A no win situation.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Your credibility has gone out of the window. You know he used chemical weapons to kill thousands of innocent people don't you?

One minute it's all our fault for intervening, the next you're saying we should intervene to assist a war criminal!
Did he? I dont think it was ever proved who used those weapons. Out of interest why are you so sure he did?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
You know he used chemical weapons to kill thousands of innocent people don't you?
!

You know who sold him them, don't you? Yes it was us.

I may be wrong but I don't think it was ever proved he used them on his own people either? There will always be lots of propaganda floating around and it's the U.S or the UK that usually seem to benefit from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here