Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boo, clap or meh.

Reception for Poyet IF he comes to the Amex?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sing Oscar Garcia until I'm a little hoarse.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fair enough, can't argue with that. But ask yourself what our performance may have been like with an energised Poyet before the game and without dressing room fist throwing

I have no idea what he was like in the dressing room, but I would hope professional footballers are able to raise their game for the chance to play at Wembley in a play off final. I personally don't think we were that bad in 'that' game but were unlucky and Zaha caught Bridge (only time in both games) on the back foot and that was that.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I have no idea what he was like in the dressing room, but I would hope professional footballers are able to raise their game for the chance to play at Wembley in a play off final. I personally don't think we were that bad in 'that' game but were unlucky and Zaha caught Bridge (only time in both games) on the back foot and that was that.

I do agree, we played well. But especially when you consider what we learned afterwards. I just find it unforgivable that Poyet didnt do his job that game. If I went into a meeting at my place with a deal worth several million quid on the table and decided I wasn't interested I would be fired. Mind you, that's what happened in the end

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Poyet is a tosser , he doesnt give a monkeys about brighton, he proved what sort of bloke he was whilst at Chelsea, transferring to the team that is most hated by the Chelsea fans (spurs) and then kissing their badge in front of the Chelsea fans when they scored against us.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Sing Oscar Garcia until I'm a little hoarse.

If we face Sunderland you'll have the north stand singing - 'Oh Gus my lord, Gus my lord oh gus my lord for 90 minutes. Gus poyets blue and white army! If we played Sunderland and they beat us you'd get Brighton fans clapping Gus off.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If I was gus I'd come out of the dressing rooms, turn right as he used to do, sit down on his old seat and put my feet up on the Capital One cup that was won the week before against City.
I think the atmosphere will be dictated by his week of press interviews. If he tones it down and shows respect for us than a little clap. But this is gus and he aint gonna do that.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Despite my feelings about Gus.....

never tempt fate, get 100% behind Oscar and the team, a real wall of noise.....

And in an ideal world......

Then when we are two nil up with ten mins to go start the "were f#*+~g brilliant" and give Gus pure hell....

That may take away a little of the hurt for the way he let the Albion down in the very last game At the Amex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I was gus I'd come out of the dressing rooms, turn right as he used to do, sit down on his old seat and put my feet up on the Capital One cup that was won the week before against City.
I think the atmosphere will be dictated by his week of press interviews. If he tones it down and shows respect for us than a little clap. But this is gus and he aint gonna do that.

IF he comes to the Amex, then he would be in his old seat, as Oscar changed the dugouts around.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
"OSCAR GARCIA, HE DRINKS SANGRIA" :albion:

This. Lots and lots of Oscar songs. Nothing would annoy Poyet more than not feeling like the centre of attention. And it avoids the boo/not booing debate.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I do agree, we played well. But especially when you consider what we learned afterwards. I just find it unforgivable that Poyet didnt do his job that game. If I went into a meeting at my place with a deal worth several million quid on the table and decided I wasn't interested I would be fired. Mind you, that's what happened in the end

Well we learned afterwards that he was being investigated for gross misconduct. So you should ask yourself how you would act at work if you knew you were under investigation for gross misconduct. In those circumstances I think he held himself rather well.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I will sing the Oscar Garcia song with double the gusto. Poyet did a fantastic job for us - we wouldn't be where we are now without him. The poor end to proceedings soured the memories significantly, but I don't like or dislike him, wish him well or ill, I simply 'nothing' him. He is no different in my mind than Brian McDermott the other night - just another manager.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
A bit of both at varying times. Performance wise he's a legend, but he betrayed the club so deserves a boo or two.

Plus he's a bit of a dick, which was fine when he was our dick, but no longer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll give him a pre-match clap of course, as i would any opposing individual who used to be a wearer of stripes, and with Gus i'd give him applause with an honest smile for all the incredible memories that filled most of his era with us, and then when the match began i'd likely see him as a man from elsewhere as he now is and jeer mightily when Bridcutt played one of his last minute crosses from the halfway line deep into the North Stand with his hand upheld for apology. They're both due our thanks, and gradual realisation that they're someone else's now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well I wouldn't boo.....because booings just WEIRD.

I don't think I've ever booed a thing in my life. At no point has it felt a natural reaction to a scenario to open my mouth and say "boo" in an elongated manner.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm going to boo him until it hurts, and then I'm going to boo him again. And if some of you guys can forgive his betrayal, fine.
I guess some will say I'd be a better man to forgive and rise above it, I don't see it that way.
He did okay here (not in my view for the club). His being successful here was what he personally needed as a springboard for his own agenda. And as if his undignified exit and derailment of our playoff ambitions wasn't bad enough, he has since attempted to undermine my beloved club with legal threats and snidely luring at least Bridcutt away.... As if he gives a toss about Liam !
I'm going to ask the Baby Jesu and his Virginal Mother Mary (and even his stepfather Jo) to assist us in giving him a torrid season....I will now attempt a self inflicted communion, starting with a fine bottle of Rose left for me by Saint Nicolas on the eve of the Messiahs recent birthday .... hic :blush:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
voting is very split....this will divide fans.........but no doubt, we all now really want to beat hull tomorrow.....and i'm sure the players do too.

poyet will put a reseve side against us as will need too - look at their upcoming fixtures.

semis against sheff wed and we are in the final......then its anyones..........the dream begins (ends tomorrow night 2130 probably).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here