Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well it's all about negotiating a deal. Most are not agreed at 1st base. I'm sure deals will be agreed with those nations. Scare stories don't bother Me no matter how many times you type them. A no deal is bad news for both sides and I'm sure an agreement will be secured as Barnier is desperate for his blood money

Well we are 80% of the way through the negotations timescale. So you want TM's soft Brexit and believe we'll extend our membership?

(And there are no scare stories in that list of questions. It's simply a list of things that will have to be done by 31st March 2019 in order to enable a WTO 'no deal' - do you want to point out which one you think is a 'scare story' and I'll explain it).

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You've got a fair number of questions to choose from

What do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our WTO quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs and administrative staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting and training them ?

Any views on any one of them ?

https://youtu.be/YZfuw4W33O8
Enough said Watford. Nothing else to say. Nigel is spot on as always. Stop asking your cretinous questions. Leave means leave. What we voted for.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well we are 80% of the way through the negotations timescale. So you want TM's soft Brexit and believe we'll extend our membership?

(And there are no scare stories in that list of questions. It's simply a list of things that will have to be done by 31st March 2019 in order to enable a WTO 'no deal' - do you want to point out which one you think is a 'scare story' and I'll explain it).

I believe there will be an extension if required. A no deal as I said is bad news for both sides.

A question for you ... with your reporting of the impending Armageddon in Dover with the chances of the biggest lorry park ever ..... How are they going to cope on the other side when we import 4-times or more the amount of goods. There lorry parks will be the size of Paris, all that rotting food and cars not making it across the channel along with other perishable EU goods. Do you think this will actually happen really ???. The EU exporters stand to lose a lot lot more so cant see that scenario happening at all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So many issues with 'no deal' and you don't have the slightest understanding of any of them :facepalm:

Getting a bit too hyper-active and attention seeking there.Time to make your doctor's appointment.:lolol:

nuckingfutters.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe there will be an extension if required. A no deal as I said is bad news for both sides.

A question for you ... with your reporting of the impending Armageddon in Dover with the chances of the biggest lorry park ever ..... How are they going to cope on the other side when we import 4-times or more the amount of goods. There lorry parks will be the size of Paris, all that rotting food and cars not making it across the channel along with other perishable EU goods. Do you think this will actually happen really ???. The EU exporters stand to lose a lot lot more so cant see that scenario happening at all.

I agree with you that a deal will be made and the EU will grant an extension to membership on worse terms than we have currently. We don't really have a choice.

I agree that us committing economic suicide will be disastrous for the EU as well.

I have said this all along. My bet is that we will either have the softest of soft Brexits, paying in but having no influence or there will be some sort of referendum or GE.

As someone said a couple of pages earlier, the answer to my questions is irrelevant as we will almost certainly not be leaving with ‘no deal’. What I am doing is pointing out the ludicrous situation whereby we have people believing that 'no deal' is an option even though, with 7 months to go, we have made absolutely no preparations.

The questions are for those who believe that 'no deal' is an option, of which I thought (obviously wrongly) you were one.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No surely it's all to do with Brexit and nothing to do with the heatwave that has hit the whole continent. Brexit also account for the lack of rainfall as well.
Meanwhile borrowing is down again with record employment also reported in case you missed it

However, overall personal debt is up yet again due to stagnating wages, increasing private rents and inflation, despite that record employment. Mostly because a huge proportion of that employment is minimum wage or zero hours contracts..... in case you missed it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am as many of you may be aware not a fan of Brexit or the Conservative Party but since the departure of David Davis and Boris Johnson the improvement with Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab and foreign Secretary Jeramy Hunt is very noticeable, The tone and substance of the words being used is far more sensible and Sadley highlights the waste the previous two years have been and equally just how much work there is to do in less than eight months

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I agree with you that a deal will be made and the EU will grant an extension to membership on worse terms than we have currently. We don't really have a choice.

I agree that us committing economic suicide will be disastrous for the EU as well.

I have said this all along. My bet is that we will either have the softest of soft Brexits, paying in but having no influence or there will be some sort of referendum or GE.

As someone said a couple of pages earlier, the answer to my questions is irrelevant as we will almost certainly not be leaving with ‘no deal’. What I am doing is pointing out the ludicrous situation whereby we have people believing that 'no deal' is an option even though, with 7 months to go, we have made absolutely no preparations.

The questions are for those who believe that 'no deal' is an option, of which I thought (obviously wrongly) you were one.

No Deal is being bandied about to push whatever deal will be agreed. I do think an extension is plausible as the day gets closer. A GE is a real possibility but believe the Blue boys will hold it together until something is sorted then implosion

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well we are 80% of the way through the negotations timescale. .

Thats handy, 80% of the withdrawal agreement issues have been agreed.......bang on schedule.

I agree with you that a deal will be made
I have said this all along.

Except for when you were saying and voting that "brexit wouldnt happen"
You make it up as you go along.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thats handy, 80% of the withdrawal agreement issues have been agreed.......bang on schedule.

So what are you backing today, 'No deal', TM's soft Brexit or, 2 and a bit years on, do you still not know what you want ???

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

It's really not handy.

Paretos-80-20-rule.png

The final 20% will likely take four times as long to sort out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here