Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Paul Barber

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Higher in the thread his basic is quoted as £110k. I think we can get a sense for how he is doing from pretty obvious thing, along with Tony's comments. Tony is pretty glowing in his praise of Paul when asked.

Tony is hardly going to say, I appointed Burke and Barber and what a clanger I dropped in doing so. Having said that I agree about Barber not sure about the other one though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Do we? I don't know what the going rate is for a Championship Chief Exec...

Either way, I think he's got a very tough job and given that he's still doing it where others have been moved on/fired in the past (Ken Brown), I would say that he is doing well!

I think we pay our directors the most in the division and if it's not Barber I can't see who else is Mr £450k pa.

If I had to name a 1000 tough jobs i'm not sure Championship chief exec would be one of them, if I had to name 10 tough jobs related to the Albion I could probably name 10 without the chief exec cropping up.

I don't know whether he's doing a good job or not it very much hinges on how we do financially and to some extent on the pitch next year

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
ILtVoG0GX9PRRlu4y0v4MrBflzq39nPHSiwXX6HiAE0

Your image wasn't showing for me. Made an edit, does that work for others?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I am astounded that he is paid over £450k a year. This is crazy money.

Well, I guess the extra 2m we got for Ulloa can be used to pay him for another 4 years.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
With all respect, could maybe the Order of the Brown Nose Medal that gets awarded "For Cloying, Unprompted Sycophancy Towards to the Club" be worth a smiley? like when we added the flounce one?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it is a business
he does an OK job in it
he gets paid well
this does not make him god
and he has cupboards full of clackers to give away

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
When a player joins/leaves for a fee NSC isn't happy with = BARBER OUT

When a player joins/leaves for a fee NSC is happy with = WELL DONE TONY BLOOM

Well yes and no, we shouldn't tar all posters with the same brush. It's always the same whingers moaning about everything. Seems some won't be happy until we've won The Champions League. I think we need to have a Victor Meldrew Ballot to dishonour them to their varying degrees of miserableness.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You don't think Burke or the team under his control have had anything to with Ulloa then!? Bizarre.

Who spotted Ulloa ? The much derided Gus Poyet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With all respect, could maybe the Order of the Brown Nose Medal that gets awarded "For Cloying, Unprompted Sycophancy Towards to the Club" be worth a smiley? like when we added the flounce one?

I think you've missed the point of this thread somewhat.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You don't think Burke or the team under his control have had anything to with Ulloa then!? Bizarre.

Well as for getting Ulloa here not a lot, as I think the deal was set up before Burke arrived and it was held up some months while Ulloa got his Spanish passport. So what part of the Ulloa deal are we so indebted to Burke for then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here