Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bjørdal agree with Brighton
Only a medical test remains before an agreement on the three and a half years signed.
ELITE SERIES
**Eirik Nesset Hjelvik
Published: January 25, 2016 12:36 PM Last Updated: January 25, 2016 12:36 PM
Today took Henrik Bjørdal goodbye with AaFK players. Tomorrow the plan is to sign a 3.5-year contract with English Brighton.

Adam Örn Arnarson is ready for AaFK

As Sunnmørsposten notified yesterday's 18-year-old on his way to England. Now confirms Bjørdal yourself that everything seems to go in the box.

- I'm almost agree with those on the personal conditions and it seems as if the clubs agree. I travel all over today and going through a medical test tomorrow. So I focus on everything goes in box after that, says Bjørdal to smp.no.

Focusing on promotion
He was stopped by Color Line Stadium one last time Monday morning to say goodbye to AaFK players.

- It is of course very sad to leave Aalesund, but I should first leave the club would have to be to a club with a proper plan. When Brighton appeared I felt that I could not say no to this, says Bjørdal.

Norwegian 18-year-old headed to opprykksjagende Brighton

Brighton is a hard bet club that focuses on promotion to the Premier League. Currently located on the 3rd place in the Championship - five points behind direct promotion.

- Brighton is a club that really cries out to get to the Premier League. Everything around, as the new stadium and other facilities, has really Premiership standard already. For my part, this is very big. I have always followed English football and think both country and club would suit me very well, says Bjørdal.

Bjørdal stood over game - is on its way abroad

Moves Alone
He goes straight into the A squad to Brighton. Although he has received clear signal that he will be made, he is aware that it may take time to break to a permanent place on the team. Bjørdal has just started pre-season with AaFK, while Brighton is in the middle of season. Next match is against Brentford next Tuesday.

- If this goes to the bank, so it's so much new that I just have to be patient. It has proven itself, including with Fredrik Ulvestad, that it is not only easy to go straight into the team. So I am aware that I have to be patient, but at the same time I know that it's played so many matches and that I am still very young. So I can not stress. I must also use this mid-season who are now waiting to fit into the group, the environment and all that, says Bjørdal.

Henrik Bjørdal travel to England this afternoon. 18-year-old moves over alone to England.

- It gets a little weird, but it simply must go !, says Valder boy

http://www.smp.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article678467.snd

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Today took Henrik Bjørdal goodbye with AaFK players. Tomorrow the plan is to sign a 3.5-year contract with English Brighton.

As Sunnmørsposten notified yesterday's 18-year-old on his way to England. Now confirms Bjørdal yourself that everything seems to go in the box.
- I'm almost agree with those on the personal conditions and it seems as if the clubs agree. I travel all over today and going through a medical test tomorrow. So I focus on everything goes in box after that, says Bjørdal to smp.no.

He was stopped by Color Line Stadium one last time Monday morning to say goodbye to AaFK players.

- It is of course very sad to leave Aalesund, but I should first leave the club would have to be to a club with a proper plan. When Brighton appeared I felt that I could not say no to this, says Bjørdal.

Brighton is a hard bet club that focuses on promotion to the Premier League. Currently located on the 3rd place in the Championship - five points behind direct promotion.

- Brighton is a club that really cries out to get to the Premier League. Everything around, as the new stadium and other facilities, has really Premiership standard already. For my part, this is very big. I have always followed English football and think both country and club would suit me very well, says Bjørdal.

He goes straight into the A squad to Brighton. Although he has received clear signal that he will be made, he is aware that it may take time to break to a permanent place on the team. Bjørdal has just started pre-season with AaFK, while Brighton is in the middle of season. Next match is against Brentford next Tuesday.

- If this goes to the bank, so it's so much new that I just have to be patient. It has proven itself, including with Fredrik Ulvestad, that it is not only easy to go straight into the team. So I am aware that I have to be patient, but at the same time I know that it's played so many matches and that I am still very young. So I can not stress. I must also use this mid-season who are now waiting to fit into the group, the environment and all that, says Bjørdal.

Henrik Bjørdal travel to England this afternoon. 18-year-old moves over alone to England.

- It gets a little weird, but it simply must go !, says Valder boy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[Tweet]https://twitter.com/FRfotballPerry/status/691603303558418432[\Tweet]

For those on Tapatalk :

'It seems Bjørdal is only a medical test away from a move to #BHAFC. If I was a Seagulls fan, I would be delighted! '

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
[Tweet]https://twitter.com/FRfotballPerry/status/691603303558418432[/Tweet]

Bjørdal agree with Brighton
Only a medical test remains before an agreement on the three and a half years signed.

Published: January 25, 2016 12:36 PM Last updated: January 25, 2016 12:36 PM

Focusing on promotion

Norwegian 18-year-old headed to opprykksjagende Brighton

Bjørdal stood over game - is on its way abroad

Moves Alone

- It gets a little weird, but it simply must go !, says Valder boy.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Perry Sykes ‏@FRfotballPerry 30s31 seconds ago
For #BHAFC fans wondering about Bjørdal, he is a big, strong and quick inverted winger. Very good technically, if a bit inconsistent.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] will probably tell me off, but Chris Hughton does seem to be a naturally cautious chap.

Solly March was playing the football of his life under him though, so if a young player does well, he will play him - it will be getting that first opportunity that will be the challenge for the young players.

Yes Chris is cautious and often sticks to what he knows but he can spot the good ones really early. He had Andy Carroll playing for Newcastle at 18. He had Nathan Redmond in the Birmingham first team at 16.

He had Jacob Murphy in the Norwich first team at 17, so when a real good prospect crops up he has no problems bleeding then early.

He and I spoke about Glen Rea at the very start of the season and I thought he was going to be be someone who broke into the fist team this year and Chris immediately said ''No he is not ready yet. He needs to go out on loan. He needs to be playing more games per season before he is already, to build up his strength if nothing else and see where he is in a year's time''.

With Solly he was of a very different view. It would have been easy to send Solly out on loan because he wasn't playing well; however, in his case he knew Solly was ready but his problem was not being not ready. Solly's problem was his lack of self belief and he knew that to improve that he had to show faith in him and keep encouraging him and he knew he would come good.

Solly is quite shy lad and Chris knew that he might not get looked after in the right way if he had sent him out on loan.. He knew that he could improve what was lacking in Sollys game by just supporting the lad and having faith in him.

Youth players will get their chance under Chris if they are good enough and better than the first team squad. Sadly,he just didn't inherit a Youth squad full brilliant youngsters. Last year when O'Grady was failing to find the goals when we were struggling, I said to him, why don't you just play one of the youngsters, they couldn't do any worse. His answer was, we don't even have anyone who is anywhere near ready yet. That what the club are trying to address by bringing in promising youngsters.

If we go up this year it will be even harder for players to break into the first team from the Youths because our standard of first team player will improve but that doesn't mean you just give up hope on them.

I think Tony Bloom wants to put in place a good Youth System because he knows he won't be there in 20 years or more's time to plough money in.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Yes Chris is cautious and often sticks to what he knows but he can spot the good ones really early. He had Andy Carroll playing for Newcastle at 18. He had Nathan Redmond in the Birmingham first team at 16.

He had Jacob Murphy in the Norwich first team at 17, so when a real good prospect crops up he has no problems bleeding then early.

He and I spoke about Glen Rea at the very start of the season and I thought he was going to be be someone who broke into the fist team this year and Chris immediately said ''No he is not ready yet. He needs to go out on loan. He needs to be playing more games per season before he is already, to build up his strength if nothing else and see where he is in a year's time''.

With Solly he was of a very different view. It would have been easy to send Solly out on loan because he wasn't playing well; however, in his case he knew Solly was ready but his problem was not being not ready. Solly's problem was his lack of self belief and he knew that to improve that he had to show faith in him and keep encouraging him and he knew he would come good.

Solly is quite shy lad and Chris knew that he might not get looked after in the right way if he had sent him out on loan.. He knew that he could improve what was lacking in Sollys game by just supporting the lad and having faith in him.

Youth players will get their chance under Chris if they are good enough and better than the first team squad. Sadly,he just didn't inherit a Youth squad full brilliant youngsters. Last year when O'Grady was failing to find the goals when we were struggling, I said to him, why don't you just play one of the youngsters, they couldn't do any worse. His answer was, we don't even have anyone who is anywhere near ready yet. That what the club are trying to address by bringing in promising youngsters.

If we go up this year it will be even harder for players to break into the first team from the Youths because our standard of first team player will improve but that doesn't mean you just give up hope on them.

I think Tony Bloom wants to put in place a good Youth System because he knows he won't be there in 20 years or more's time to plough money in.

What does he make of Harper? I am surprised he has not featured on the bench or in the cup yet.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Good answer.

Thanks

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
"Everything around, as the new stadium and other facilities, has really Premiership standard already.":lolol:

I desperately want to see the promo video these guys are shown.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What does he make of Harper? I am surprised he has not featured on the bench or in the cup yet.

We havn't had a really lengthydiscussion for a while so we havn't discussed Harper. He and I are both really busy the last couple of months but I am going to come down for a match in February or March when I am not working as much. We will get a better chance to chat all things football then.

Jack was sat a few rows in front of me at the Birmingham game and i was going to chat to him but all he was chatting to all the other youth team lads so i didn't gt the chance

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Brighton is a hard bet club that focuses on promotion to the Premier League"

What does that mean? I can't begin to work out the meaning of that

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"Brighton is a hard bet club that focuses on promotion to the Premier League"

What does that mean? I can't begin to work out the meaning of that

Hard as in tough.