Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many players live locally?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not at all - I am aware of how the body responds to exercise and an increased temperature.

I am referring to excessive sweating which can be experienced by those who are not particularly fit of which I wouldn't classify Glenn Murray which is why I wouldn't expect him to "break into a sweat".

Lesson over.

Being pedantic but... fit people usually sweat much more freely when they're exerting themselves as their body's cooling mechanism is tuned to work far more efficiently. Unfit people just go bright red for a lot longer. Speaking from (purple-faced) experience and the previous input of a friend with a degree in Sports Science. Hence the frequent occasions that you see pro footballers and other athletes dripping wet very early on in matches/events.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Doubt he will want it for much longer, unfortunately.

Unfortunately? Probably because he's going to buy his own place down here for when we sign him on a free transfer when the window opens :)

I don't work for said company anymore so I can't check to see if he's renewed his contract - would be interesting to see if he had.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunately? Probably because he's going to buy his own place down here for when we sign him on a free transfer when the window opens :)

I don't work for said company anymore so I can't check to see if he's renewed his contract - would be interesting to see if he had.

I'd love it if it happened. I'd prefer him to sign a contract with the club rather than the letting agent though.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Being pedantic but... fit people usually sweat much more freely when they're exerting themselves as their body's cooling mechanism is tuned to work far more efficiently. Unfit people just go bright red for a lot longer. Speaking from (purple-faced) experience and the previous input of a friend with a degree in Sports Science. Hence the frequent occasions that you see pro footballers and other athletes dripping wet very early on in matches/events.

You don't see marathon runners or triathletes dripping with sweat. It's partly due to their low body fat - fat bloke in the pub sweats just picking up a pint glass.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You don't see marathon runners or triathletes dripping with sweat. It's partly due to their low body fat - fat bloke in the pub sweats just picking up a pint glass.

Perhaps when they're working within their comfort zone? Pretty much every study I can find from a quick scan shows that fitter people sweat more quickly, in line with what my mate always told me.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Where do the current crop live?

Bar a few photos of the South Americans in Hove, and of course Dubk's Hurstpierpoint mansion being on the market, I find it surprising how these millionaire superstars keep a relatively low profile in Sussex.

Where do they all live? Has the Lancing roadworks caused havoc getting to training? Where do De Zerbi and his merry men hang out?

scooter1

How soon is now?
I read that March and Veltman are in the Hove Park area, and Knockaert was there when he played for us. I think the club have a few apartments down at the Marina, but I believe a contractual understanding is that a player should be within 20 mins commute of the training ground

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I read that March and Veltman are in the Hove Park area, and Knockaert was there when he played for us. I think the club have a few apartments down at the Marina, but I believe a contractual understanding is that a player should be within 20 mins commute of the training ground
That would mean they all live in Lancing or East Worthing - poor bastards.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I believe a contractual understanding is that a player should be within 20 mins commute of the training ground
I wonder why that might be necessary.
It's not as if there will ever be emergency training where players need to get there quickly
or
somebody hasn't turned up for their training and others need to do it.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Think a few of them live on Shoreham Beach, I believe Cucurella did before he left.

On a slightly related topic, I live in Mash Barn and I think it’s fair to say it’s not the most affluent part of Sussex. If you didn’t know the training ground was there then the sudden influx of young lads turning up in expensive cars with tinted windows would look very suspicious :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hope Dunk doesn’t go via Stonepound crossroads then :laugh:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wonder why that might be necessary.
It's not as if there will ever be emergency training where players need to get there quickly
or
somebody hasn't turned up for their training and others need to do it.
if true (i doubt it), it would make players be local, part of the community etc. driving hour or two is not good for a player, looking to get away to "beat traffic".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here