Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Gregory

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Being great in League One hasn't really worked for us with CMS and Baldock, quite underwhelming if this is the alternative to Pritchard imo

I was hoping as much as any Albion fan it would work out with CMS but clearly wasn’t mean't to be!... I think the whole transition of different managers etc really didnt help! Shame though as I still think it could have worked in a different scenario!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I suppose Leicester shouldn't have bought Vardy ???

Leicester also had David Nugent, Chris Wood and Harry Kane when they bought Vardy. We need a proven Championship forward to partner Murray, it's one of the last pieces of the jigsaw along with a CB to achieve promotion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was hoping as much as any Albion fan it would work out with CMS but clearly wasn’t mean't to be!... I think the whole transition of different managers etc really didnt help! Shame though as I still think it could have worked in a different scenario!

He had two full seasons under Poyet? I think his inability to control a ball did for him at this level

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Leicester also had David Nugent, Chris Wood and Harry Kane when they bought Vardy. We need a proven Championship forward to partner Murray, it's one of the last pieces of the jigsaw along with a CB to achieve promotion.

Chris Wood and Harry Kane were non entities at Leicester, Murray is our Nugent equivalent.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
NOT saying this is 100% done deal but the sauce is at least a 8/10! :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 goals in 39 Championship appearances in 2014 / 15.

Not inspiring.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Chris Wood and Harry Kane were non entities at Leicester, Murray is our Nugent equivalent.

Wood wasn't a non entity in the first season or two, he was never close to making it in the Prem but was decent for them in this division. I just think it's incredibly risky, I think everyone acknowledges we need a nippy forward to partner Murray but with Kayal and Stephens out the door if we don't achieve promotion I think proven is the way to go.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
NOT saying this is 100% done deal but the sauce is at least a 8/10! :)

To be honest he is just the kind of striker we need and within a respectable price range.

Actually, you are saying that. Your opening post...

"Won't go in to detail but I think it's a done deal."

Weird one if true. He looks like Baldock. Neat and tidy but no great pace, average size, etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Better to be optimistic rather than write him off before he has even signed (if we are really interested).

True but I guess most of us were hoping from someone who had done well at this level or above. He may of course be amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here