Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Laudrup Sacked

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
But he will be a lot richer whatever happens!

There were recent rumours that Spurs were paying him peanuts(relatively speaking). I don't know whether that was true though. He won't be heading down to the angel statue on the seafront to join the soup and bread queue that's for sure.

He probably deserves a chance, but i cannot see him finishing above the likes of Rodgers and Martinez. He'll need to do that to keep his job.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As someone else has already mentioned, you only have to look at how he set up Spurs against Man City last week to know he's an absolute chump. He picked a midfield of Lennon - Benteleb - Dembele - Eriksen. So that's pretty much entirely attacking, with one central position taken by a 19-year-old who had barely played a match before. It was moronic against a team like Man City. He's just a horrible old-fashioned English manager who only has the Spurs job because he was in the right place at the right time. His all out attack approach is enjoying a minor honeymoon at the moment, but he'll be found out by everyone (not just City) soon. He'll also be gone in the summer when they can get a proper manager in.

Laudrup would be a much better fit for Spurs in my opinion.

It made me laugh when Sherwood tried to deflect the attention away from their 5-1 hammering at the lane last week by calling City 'the best team in the world'. He made them look like the best team in the world. City's away form hasn't been in the same league as their home form(last night aside).

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It made me laugh when Sherwood tried to deflect the attention away from their 5-1 hammering at the lane last week by calling City 'the best team in the world'. He made them look like the best team in the world. City's away form hasn't been in the same league as their home form(last night aside).

City have been very good away in the last 2 months, less so in the first 2-3 months of the season. The absence of Aguero last night was crucial to City losing. Terry and Cahill could cope with the physicality of Negredo and Dzeko, but the quick feet of Aguero would have caused them plenty of problems. If Aguero is out for any length of time, it could cost City a few points.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
City have been very good away in the last 2 months, less so in the first 2-3 months of the season. The absence of Aguero last night was crucial to City losing. Terry and Cahill could cope with the physicality of Negredo and Dzeko, but the quick feet of Aguero would have caused them plenty of problems. If Aguero is out for any length of time, it could cost City a few points.

The margin of the victories have not been as epic as their home wins that's for sure. 5-1 away to a team who are in the mix for top 4. That doesn't wash with me. With or without Aguero, who is a fine player when fit. City have a fair few of those I gather. Apparently the best team on the planet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They have got a reserve Manager already in place, the Manager I wanted for the Albion after Poyet left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morten_Wieghorst

I am a fan of Danish tacticians and training schedules for attacking football in and around the box.

Maybe I have changed my mind: Swansea City assistant Morten Wieghorst dismissed
Swansea City have confirmed assistant manager Morten Wieghorst has been relieved of his duties.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26050822

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given their fitness coach, Oscar Garcia, has also been sacked, I'm genuinely surprised there have been no "Oscar Garcia SACKED' threads.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Apparently the best team on the planet.

The views of Tim Sherwood do not reflect the views of everyone. The best team on the planet right now are Bayern Munich, who incidentally Man City beat 3-2 away from home in a match they trailed 2-0 in earlier in the season. City's margin of victories away may not have been as clear cut as their matches at the Etihad, but they have been dominant in a number of matches on their travels.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gary Megsons without a club at the moment isn't he?

That said, I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy, let alone Swansea, who seem to be a great club

Bolton fans also despised Gary Megson (mainly because he didn't attend supporter forums) and were happy when he was sacked. How did that work out?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
OG on Swansea's shortlist to take over full time according to this: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvFuPXnAijc

Surprising story actually.

All I'll say is that John Cross is usually to be trusted on these things. Just over a year ago he said Nigel Adkins was going to get the chop at Southampton and be replaced by someone nobody had heard of called Pochettino. He endured 48 hours of bile and ridicule from Southampton fans and others. And it's only logical that Swansea would want to gauge interest in their full-time job from managers who play a similra type of football.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
@GuillemBalague: If [MENTION=21814]Swan[/MENTION]sOfficial confirm the signing of Oscar García, they will not get it wrong. Again the club philosophy goes first.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
@GuillemBalague: If [MENTION=21814]Swan[/MENTION]sOfficial confirm the signing of Oscar García, they will not get it wrong. Again the club philosophy goes first.

Just seen this, a bit worried now. Would hate to see him go

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here