Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion consider bid for Preston North End striker

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If true it means we have learned nothing from last season. We don't need players from league 1.

That is just rubbish. Lots of very decent players get taken from lower league teams and make it

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You have to admit our form for plucking players from League 1 and having them catapult us to fame and glory is pretty shocking.

It is but that's not due to a lack of talented players it's due to a lack of talent spotters.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I really really hope this story isn't true.

Prolific at League One; awful at Championship level with 16 goals in 108 appearences.

28 years old, and has been a bit of a journeyman.

This is not the type of player we need, regardless of his last two season's goalscoring exploits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Firstly, no need for the personal insult.

Assume Garner would be on say £10k a week if we signed him on a 3 year contract + the £1.5m transfer fee.

I'd rather we offered Bent £25k per week on a 2 year deal which over the period of the contract works out the same as what Garner would cost.

Do you think Bent will get more than £25k per week in the Championship? Doubt it myself

Yes, from a big paying club - but I am pretty sure he could get more in the Premiership, or just stay at Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here