Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If the polls from 12 February to 12 March are taken into account Labour would be the largest party but around 27 seats short of an absolute majority:

Labour 299 Tories 265 LibDem 17 SNP 46 Greens 1 UKIP 1 PC 3 NI parties 18

I think both the Greens and UKIP will win more than 1 seat.

Dandyman

In London village.
I think both the Greens and UKIP will win more than 1 seat.

The level of support for both parties might suggest that but IMO the FPTP system makes it very difficult for national support to translate into seats for minor parties.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The level of support for both parties might suggest that but IMO the FPTP system makes it very difficult for national support to translate into seats for minor parties.

Agree with that - there are pros (not many) and cons (lots IMO) of the FPTP system, and it's wrong that a Party getting approx. 10% of the vote only gets one or two seats.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree with that - there are pros (not many) and cons (lots IMO) of the FPTP system, and it's wrong that a Party getting approx. 10% of the vote only gets one or two seats.

I agree. And if we continue with significant other parties to Con and Lab then we will most likely see PR in my life-time. FPTP is designed for two party politics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the population of Scotland is small. on a UK national level, the amount saying yes to SNP will be very low, so doesn't get shown.

Don't they weight these polls?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You have to live with the rough and smooth of opinion polls instead of highlighting those which suit your agenda :thumbsup:

No, no you don't. You have to live with the results of the election, and nothing else.

All the polls indicate is...

- Despite the rights ridiculing how terrible Miliband is, a fair number of people still want to vote for him.
- Despite the lefts indicating that the Tories are vile, horrible, mean and cruel, a fair number of people still want to vote for them.

The net result is that it has every indication of being one of the most fascinating elections, and possibly governments, that we have had for a long, long time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The net result is that it has every indication of being one of the most fascinating elections, and possibly governments, that we have had for a long, long time.

The Elephant Man was fascinating, the bomb on Hiroshima was fascinating and the fall of the Third Reich was very fascinating. Personally, fascination is NOT something I'll be looking for in this election, just a competent government with two or more parties that are earnestly willing to do business.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Elephant Man was fascinating, the bomb on Hiroshima was fascinating and the fall of the Third Reich was very fascinating. Personally, fascination is NOT something I'll be looking for in this election, just a competent government with two or more parties that are earnestly willing to do business.

So fascination is not the number one expectation from this election? Well, I never. Thanks for pointing this out. Should I file it under an aside?

Tbh I can't see UKIP winning more than 2 seats, the Greens will hang on to Caroline Lucas at Pavilion and that is that

Talk to the Greens and they themselves admit they only have one other chance, a seat in Norwich and that's an outside bet.

Looking likely that CL will hang on now, though she was behind Labour a little over 6 months ago

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Talk to the Greens and they themselves admit they only have one other chance, a seat in Norwich and that's an outside bet.

Looking likely that CL will hang on now, though she was behind Labour a little over 6 months ago

I cannot see anything other than Caroline Lucas winning.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So fascination is not the number one expectation from this election? Well, I never. Thanks for pointing this out. Should I file it under an aside?

What ARE you talking about? I said this was my personal opinion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, no you don't. You have to live with the results of the election, and nothing else.

All the polls indicate is...

- Despite the rights ridiculing how terrible Miliband is, a fair number of people still want to vote for him.
- Despite the lefts indicating that the Tories are vile, horrible, mean and cruel, a fair number of people still want to vote for them.

No one has cast their vote yet but there are several NSCers who refuse to take off their tinted spectacles and look at the overall picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here