Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 'Champions' league tonight

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fair enough, you obviously know a lot more than me, but I think Sanchez looks really good. He’s a great mix of aggressive, strong and fast. I think he could become a top player.

If I look at the usual starting XI it’s Dier and Alli that I would pick out as the two who need to be upgraded. They’re squad players, not starters, at that level. After that, more quality at full back and a better second striker than Llorente. Spurs are so frustrating as they had this team together two years ago and with three or four quality additions since then they’d be at the same level as Liverpool right now in my opinion. But they’ve stagnated.

Also agree with you on Zaha. I said in the summer he is exactly the type of player Spurs don’t have. You can’t always rely on Eriksen to break down teams, sometimes a bit of pace and willingness to take on a man would be just as effective.

Zaha was effectively made a (highly paid) prisoner, due to the silly fee set. Parish wasn't especially clever in doing that, it's commonly used now, and only some clubs (ManU and PSG) will pay a relative sky high sum to get a player they see as a vital piece in their jigsaw or to stop competitors getting the player.

But because of that, despite the wishes of NSC, Zaha was never heading to Spurs this summer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fair enough, you obviously know a lot more than me, but I think Sanchez looks really good. He’s a great mix of aggressive, strong and fast. I think he could become a top player.

If I look at the usual starting XI it’s Dier and Alli that I would pick out as the two who need to be upgraded. They’re squad players, not starters, at that level. After that, more quality at full back and a better second striker than Llorente. Spurs are so frustrating as they had this team together two years ago and with three or four quality additions since then they’d be at the same level as Liverpool right now in my opinion. But they’ve stagnated.

Also agree with you on Zaha. I said in the summer he is exactly the type of player Spurs don’t have. You can’t always rely on Eriksen to break down teams, sometimes a bit of pace and willingness to take on a man would be just as effective.

Sanchez will be a top CB and he would get into most PL teams - but Jan is another level.

Dier has gone backwards massively hasn’t he? maybe he just needs a rest? He’s hit 55 games for the past 4 seasons which is a lot, or maybe he knows he doesn’t have to worry as there is no one to take his place?

Spot on about Liverpool, it’s so frustrating as we literally needed 2/3 players.

There was talk about us asking for foden/sancho for Walker - wish that had gone through.

Llorente is a complete waste, like Janssen - we don’t play that way - better going for someone like Zaha who can play anywhere in a front three.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nah. He’s just a prick.

Offered 3 million and Onamah - offer them 15 million and he would have been at Spurs.

Not sure he’s good enough, but at least he would have taken Sissokos minutes.

Much how I hate Villa, it’s not cool to do what he tried.

Why do you hate Villa btw?

I can't stand the club and their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here