Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naughty Boys From Barnsley?

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
So, we sit in the stand as close to the away stand as possible. The banter with the away fans is usually quite amusing, occasionally a bit rich given it is a family stand, but, it is a stupid place to put the family stand really. I have never before in a season and a bit in these sits felt it was over the top. The Barnsley fans sang homophobic songs at least half a dozen times, and the individual in this picture spent most the game out of his seat yelling and gesticulating at us. . . A stand with at least 50% children. The stewards absolutely should have thrown him out, he was vile and they just watched him. I would say though, I also object to the stereotyping on this thread. . . Not really any better than them being homophobic. There were a small group of vile individuals who should have been thrown out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
So, we sit in the stand as close to the away stand as possible. The banter with the away fans is usually quite amusing, occasionally a bit rich given it is a family stand, but, it is a stupid place to put the family stand really. I have never before in a season and a bit in these sits felt it was over the top. The Barnsley fans sang homophobic songs at least half a dozen times, and the individual in this picture spent most the game out of his seat yelling and gesticulating at us. . . A stand with at least 50% children. The stewards absolutely should have thrown him out, he was vile and they just watched him. I would say though, I also object to the stereotyping on this thread. . . Not really any better than them being homophobic. There were a small group of vile individuals who should have been thrown out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, it's time to put them next to the North. These idiots will actually get the reaction they crave then because as it is, we can't hear any away chants.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's a shame you keep demeaning yourself with such comments, especially seeing the devastation to the communities that the closure of the pits caused.

Nothing like keep harking back to the past eh? Marvellous stooff, when ah were a whippet, blah blah blah......

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I used to be a coach of a youth team and three or four times a season we would take all the boys to the Amex. We were always put into the block next to the away fans in the East Lower. My boys loved taunting the away fans - admittedly they might have been a bit less confident if there hadn't been a line of stewards and a 20 ft drop between them - but to see an away fan like the bloke in the picture going completely berserk because a 14 year old boy was flicking him a V always filled me with joy

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
I used to be a coach of a youth team and three or four times a season we would take all the boys to the Amex. We were always put into the block next to the away fans in the East Lower. My boys loved taunting the away fans - admittedly they might have been a bit less confident if there hadn't been a line of stewards and a 20 ft drop between them - but to see an away fan like the bloke in the picture going completely berserk because a 14 year old boy was flicking him a V always filled me with joy

Well played lads

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I understand the homophobic stuff kicked off again on Saturday at Barnsley, this time by one of their steward's. Apparently It was started just before half time on the concourse, when the steward called a Brighton lad a rent boy and grabbed him by the throat. Turns out the three Brighton lads were arrested in the incident.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I understand the homophobic stuff kicked off again on Saturday at Barnsley, this time by one of their steward's. Apparently It was started just before half time on the concourse, when the steward called a Brighton lad a rent boy and grabbed him by the throat. Turns out the three Brighton lads were arrested in the incident.

FFS it's like a step back to the 80s most of the time we go up north these days! There was someone saying Brentford stewards were being homophobic on another thread the other day - I barely EVER witness homophobia at games these days but there's oddly 2 seperate reports of STEWARDS doing it now?!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Saw the incident....Didnt see how it started but the steward wasnt trying to keep the peace!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Saw the incident....Didnt see how it started but the steward wasnt trying to keep the peace!

This was how it was explained to me and in fact he started the whole incident.
I wonder if the fact a Barnsley fan was pulled by the police for chanting homophobic stuff at the Amex that this is a bit of pay back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here