Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Box Gang

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The 1st time it was sang ON SAT was by theses other group of knobs never seen them before..hopefully there walk away not return for tomorrows game, and the young lad who normally sings it is my mate, all we want to do is make amex buzzing again but obs the song isn't working...UTA

Good luck in getting the AMEX buzzing I think we would all like to see that.

Trust me Yankee Doodle isn't working please put it in room 101 :thumbsup:

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I'v said it before that police box is a fu**ing acoustic nightmare! It's not that high off my head so the sound just bounces up and down and not outwards. It's a subject I know a lot about as I used to work at an acoustic company. It's called destructive interference, basically sound bouncing of a hard surfaces. At high frequency sounds are called high frequency distortions, this video explains how sounds bounce off of hard flat surfaces ie the roof/floor of the police box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPYt10zrclQ

That video is interesting, if we can't move all the singers in the North Stand to the middle there must surely be a way to get an acoustics expert in to look at what can be done to softening and re directing the sound from the corners and back of the stand out towards other areas quicker and more clearly, so the songs from the area that wants to sing the most can be heard around the ground ??? obviously if that works and then people still don't join in its because the songs are shit rather than the excuse that no one can hear them....

MattyC

May 12, 2013
That video is interesting, if we can't move all the singers in the North Stand to the middle there must surely be a way to get an acoustics expert in to look at what can be done to softening and re directing the sound from the corners and back of the stand out towards other areas quicker and more clearly, so the songs from the area that wants to sing the most can be heard around the ground ??? obviously if that works and then people still don't join in its because the songs are shit rather than the excuse that no one can hear them....[/QUOT

In my opinion move the police box to a different location, because lets face it it's fu**ing ugly and sticks out like a bull dogs bo**ock and ruins the look of the Amex. It should look more rounded and blend into the stadium or be moved into the south east corner. Or move the two main singing groups to the middle, or use some thing similar to what's demonstrated in this video on the ceiling of the police box to spread the sound. A few reasonable options?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I don't mind the yankee doodle song but it would sound great if all north stand joined in...these little lads only have been under PB last couple home games, but we don't join in with them... hopefully they wont be there tomorrow..

With all respect, I hope they are there - the more the merrier. Let's hope that the few people prepared to open their gobs don't get put off by a bit of criticism. If everyone who doesn't like Yankee bloody Doodle stops joining in, it won't go far, a bit like that bloody awful new chant about kicking a Palace fan's head in.

Incidentally, I have a wife that I love to death and will be faithful to until I die. She keeps getting upset because all I do is sing songs about how much I hate the girl next door. She thinks it shows an unhealthy obsession with that girl (We! Hate! Alice!) and would rather I sang songs about how much I love her...

Women, eh? :tosser:

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
I wish people would stop talking all this bollocks on here I don't like this I don't like that its pathetic. People moan about there not being new songs then moan about them cant have it both ways just all try and support the team and sing if you can. I sit/stand just in front of of "the police box boys" as you call them and we all try get things going every game to try and create an atmosphere.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
here's a plan. Why doesn't everyone just get on with their own business, lives, support, voting, friendships etc and stop worrying what everyone else is doing!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
here's a plan. Why doesn't everyone just get on with their own business, lives, support, voting, friendships etc and stop worrying what everyone else is doing!
That is very noble of you.

Let me guess that either you don't sit near the NW corner or you don't really enjoy singing Albion songs at The Amex....?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At every home game bar two, one being the Arsenal game, the 5 or 6 seats behind me in the North section F have always been empty all season. I personally think that if any STH seats are not used more than ten times a season, then these seats should be allocated for sale the following season after notifying the seat holder of course who can opt to move to another part of the ground. The ground must know electronically when the card is swiped to get in for each sth seat, then maybe the central sections of the North can be filled up with people who want to sing etc . (or am I talking b******s?)

Suppose you work in London or further afield and are unable to make mid week games, with games moved to Fridays or Mondays for TVs combined with the usual scheduled mid week games, you can easily get to 10 games you are unable to make, so why remove the allocated seat.

The 'missing' ST holders are of course counted in the announced attendance figure, and therefore must be present.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Suppose you work in London or further afield and are unable to make mid week games, with games moved to Fridays or Mondays for TVs combined with the usual scheduled mid week games, you can easily get to 10 games you are unable to make, so why remove the allocated seat.

The 'missing' ST holders are of course counted in the announced attendance figure, and therefore must be present.

I work in London; West London sometimes. I still get there. Go me - what a hero I am.

Incidentally, sing up!

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Would the club consider allocating a special area in the South stand? The Police Box Gang, along with the newly formed splinter group 'yankee doodle youth boyz' could really antagonize the away fans and build an atmosphere across the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here