Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
5 minutes away.. that is a statement of accepting failure. That has always been the problem with Brighton. Aim for the stars and dont be content. Palace are top 6 so I want to be above that. They got how many in the Championship. We are 4 points off third in the Championship. That is all. Today we ****ed it up. No cigar so lets not have could have would have should have or even worse "didnt they do well".

Unbeaten and we ****ed it up today, by drawing against a team that have spent £20m, with the injury problems we have? All you are concerned about is Palace? Unbelievable. And before you start, I have been watching the Albion since 1968.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Last season Bournemouth didn't beat any of the top 6 away - we have already beaten 1. A win would have been great and it feels crap to have it snatched away at the death, but a great result nonetheless

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Superb result. Derby were aggressive and vile because we've upset their sense of entitlement. Bent looked really fat. This is the best Albion team I've ever seen in getting on for fifty years. Might all still go wrong, but this run is the stuff of legends.

I'm really excited with what we have now, but I think you are over excited :lol:
But I like that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was talking to a chap a fortnight ago that works at the club, he told me that Wilson could not be recalled, whilst the rumours and debate was going on i did not want to say anything. Well Warren has just confirmed that Wilson can not be recalled, we have him for the season.
But LvG apparently said he could recall him, and I've seen Wilson say he could be recalled. This is ridiculous, it should be clear.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But LvG apparently said he could recall him, and I've seen Wilson say he could be recalled. This is ridiculous, it should be clear.

Perhaps you could be right, but the chap i spoke to seemed to be in the know. Agreed it would be nice to have it made clear.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Derby's team on paper is insane but then that's 20 Million in the summer alone plus couple good free signings. Their wages must be crazy.

We should have won but we'd take that draw and if we can have a good next 7 days, today could be the difference for good or ill come season end

I hope they don't go up, wherever we end up, and they're then faced with a massive programme of wage cutting. It's the best outcome when a club tries to buy the league. It would also be nice if neither Leeds nor Middlesbrough go up. As I said on the Chelsea-Bournemouth thread last week, though I'm not a particular Eddie Howe or Bournemouth fan, Sky must have hated it when they went up. For the record, Bournemouth are currently leading Manchester United 1-0.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing

I'm certain I heard he can be recalled (regardless of what WA just said) due to the fact that as he's 19 it's classed as a youth loan which has an automatic 28 day recall built in. Just what I read / heard when he arrived.

What an afternoon again, highs and lows (listening). Still unbeaten. Lovely news about Nugent who I assume will miss three games?

Pretty happy right now.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm deeply pissed off because we only drew. :glare:

Which is unheard of - normally I would be happy at this result but these aren't normal times. :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps you could be right
I hope not.

I've considered PM'ing the boss - I think it would be helpful if all posts bigging up certain players were edited, such that there's no groundswell of opinion increasing the chances of us losing certain players.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Definite penalty from where I was. Very poor challenge, no need to dive in like he did. Great performance, take a point all day long.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm deeply pissed off because we only drew. :glare:

Which is unheard of - normally I would be happy at this result but these aren't normal times. :wink:

I kind of go with your sentiments, but not whole heartedly. We have to remember that Mason (the jobsworth ref) scored for them despite us having a penalty shout turned down in the first half. Get used to these refs when we go up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope they don't go up, wherever we end up, and they're then faced with a massive programme of wage cutting. It's the best outcome when a club tries to buy the league.
The problem is, even if Derby have blown the FFP limit, they don't hand in the accounts until part way through next season, so they get to spend massive in the summer too.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Wilson had 20 clubs after him.
This was narrowed down to 6.
LVG & Giggs got it down to 3
Wilson made the final (and right choice)
It is a youth loan so he can be recalled but not until he has been with us for 28 days

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Warren on the phone in just said van la parrot

Warrens feckin clueless or blind.....

This is a Parrot
image.png

This is a Seagull
image.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here