Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you solve the problem of Elvis?

theboybilly

I have a hunch that Elvis will come good next season.

So do I funnily enough. The 'constantly being caught offside' thing was just one match (Preston at home?...something like that) but I thought he showed a fair bit of promise in a substitute appearance at Burnley when he played almost as a second striker and could easily have snatched three points. I think Chris Hughton and the backroom staff will show faith in him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So do I funnily enough. The 'constantly being caught offside' thing was just one match (Preston at home?...something like that) but I thought he showed a fair bit of promise in a substitute appearance at Burnley when he played almost as a second striker and could easily have snatched three points. I think Chris Hughton and the backroom staff will show faith in him
Well, given the number of wingers we've got - Knocky, Skalak, Murphy, March. LuaLua and Elvis ,,,,,,, realistically we need four, so that's probably goodbye to Lua Lua ......and who else on that list could we wish to be employed elsewhere, next season?

Hopefully we can find a way for Elvis to economically leave the building (the one at Lancing).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
P45 for Elvis...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
http://www.voetbalcentraal.nl/nieuws/135713/excelsior-geen-optie-voor-oudfeyenoorder-absolute-onzin

Elvis Manu wants to Brighton & Hove Albion leave as soon as possible. By Feyenoord winger trained probably not opt for a return to the Premier League. Excelsior Rotterdam due to the large salary anyway not an option.

'' 'Only the top four or five clubs can afford him, I think,' 'explains agent Carlos Tavares de Barros to Voetbal International. '' There is always interest from Netherlands for Elvis and Elvis is also quite open to a return, but the chances that it will happen is very small. Excelsior? That is absolute nonsense. That can not pay him. Abroad is more obvious. ''

'' Elvis has been told he can leave. We have set out several lines, but the transfer market has just opened so it remains to be seen, '' said the representative of the former Feyenoord. '' There is serious interest in him from Turkey. That is a pretty big club, but in view of the negotiations, I can not mention the name of the club. ''

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looked like to have potential. Awful substitute as he lost the ball in three ways: getting offside, fouling the opposition and shooting wide. A bloody liabability.

I do like the idea of a second striker who has got the pace to run off the shoulder of a defender. Needs to take the ball on the half turn (Skalak looks best for this).

Elvis is a good buy for some team willing to take a gamble.

For clubs like the Albion our best chance of getting a gem is not so much an in-form player (expensive) but a youngish player who is out of favour with a club, and the injuries are not crippling.

Got to have technique (can be learned if very young), acceleration. And that magic ingredient: an eye for a goal. Lookman looked promising. Teixeira didn't (kept on losing the ball).

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
At least he's trying to manoeuvre a transfer away and not prepared to waste away on £10,000 a week for the next two seasons, unlike Kemy.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Paid a decent fee for him, with Chris's approval.
Came with a good reputation.
Best position unknown, possibly winger (in a squad full of wingers)
Has played upfront but kept getting offside.
Reports suggest possible stroppiness.

Do we give the boy time or sell and recoup?

The Lord can give, and the Lord can take away. I might be herding sheep next year.

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

--Elvis

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
It helps when you post stuff like this you do a :eek: or :ohmy: to tell us you are not serious :moo:

146 posts a year on average.
Have you been doing a stretch courtesy of HM the Queen:salute:

I thought the . . . would suffice. Its only my two cents anyways. I just thought that maybe if Fifa thought he had something special maybe he would turn out to be a bit better than we all think..

How do you mean 146 posts a year on average?

What does the last sentence mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here