Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game on for Monday

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Exactly and what amazed me was that Forrestieri was halfway home and their crowd didn't think he was offside.

Well, nor would we have if the roles were reversed. At the time I had no idea he was off. It was brilliant officiating, as I thought at the time that the ball was flicked through to him when he was offside. Without TV replays, I doubt anyone watching noticed.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We know it's game on for Monday, we're not stupid enough to think otherwise. (Most of us).

How do you assess the other night, emotions aside? Have to say I'm thrilled with the result as you'd expect but also felt that we'd need some sort of buffer anyway to take to the AMEX. I know the whole injury situation was a bit of a farce, what is it looking like for Monday?

I thought your fans were magnificent, a credit to your club. The atmosphere was the best I have ever experienced in a football ground. To see all four stands participating was something else. One thing I will say though, the accusations levelled at us of plastic fans is a bit rich. I asked a Wednesday fan how to get to the ground and he genuinely didn't know. He said he was just going to follow the others. I got the bus from the city and more of your fans didn't know where to get off!

In terms of the game, you were good, without creating many clear cut chances. Both goals were decegr but I thought you should have killed us off. The accusations of us timewasting really annoys me. A player going down and subsequently coming off isn't Timewasting.

As for Monday, it's going to be really tough. Everything that could go against us has. We need goals and are missing our top three and equal fifth goalscorers. We're also missing two of those are also among our most creative players and our best defender is also out. We don't even have enough first team squad players to make up the eighteen. It's a real shame that things should conspire against us so much.

I don't begrudge you going through if that's what happens but it's hard not to feel like everything has gone against us in the past week.

Baldie1002

Jan 9, 2013
Pulborough, West Sussex
Just a quick question and apologies if this is already in another thread, but will JFC and Rohan Ince be available for Monday night? I think Ince is a good player and we should definitely put him alongside Kayal if Sidwell is injured, he's been on loan at Fulham and JFC at MKdons so they've both been playing recently. Dunk is back and I think Baldock and Wilson have had games together. Calde and Bong will do for our wing backs. Yes we're without five starters but we still have options, and on their night that team could win 3 - 0 with a good Amex crowd behind them. Come on Brighton!

Baldie1002

Jan 9, 2013
Pulborough, West Sussex
Well that sucks... It's not like they're playing, you should be allowed to recall your own players whenever you want. Mind you in an ideal world we wouldn't have play offs and 3rd would either go up automatically or had a play off with the lowest Prem team.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You will go through simply because we have loss to many key players. We have the better team and manager. as proved by the final table. Enjoy the final because i don't think you will progress further.

Please read my signature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here