Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Naylor must be pretty sure of his facts to reconfirm what he said earlier. You never know, maybe he's right. He'll sertainly have some climbing down to do if BZ does sign.

Paul Barber in an article today on the official website said they've had Hemed as a target since before last Xmas. To keep negotiations and targets as secret as possible there are only a maximum of 5 people at the club who know who all the targets are. The Rosenior and Hemed signings both crept in under the radar so there is no absolute way how Naylor knows for certain that Zamora isn't signing.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor must be pretty sure of his facts to reconfirm what he said earlier. You never know, maybe he's right. He'll sertainly have some climbing down to do if BZ does sign.

This is the same ITK hack that got his predictions about CMS joining so spectacularly wrong...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Appalling & disgusting he should say 'yawn, yawn' about the incredible legend & the still live possibility he may come 'home' nothing would transform the club as much as anything since the opening day of The Amex & those that could make it happen should get it done or we'll all regret it it (& we won't get promoted with unknown bargains into the bargain)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This is the same ITK hack that got his predictions about CMS joining so spectacularly wrong...

Everyone trots this out but if I recall Naylor had just come back from holiday and he was just catching up when he tweeted that now infamous quote. I think shortly after he corrected his error. So there was a genuine error on his part, not just that he had different info :cool:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If CoG were to go, the signing of BZ and a speedster would make the upcoming season pretty exciting.

I'm going to have take issue with that.
There's a massive difference between questioning whether BZ can deliver what the club needs, and saying he's not good enough.

I certainly have never been that stupid, if I've given you that impression then clearly I haven't put my point across properly.

O.K. Seeing as you are now team Zamora, I'll let you off. We're still looking for someone to steward the bouncy castle at the Zamora festival (Stanmer Park) on Zamora day (July 1st) if you are interested?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
O.K. Seeing as you are now team Zamora, I'll let you off. We're still looking for someone to steward the bouncy castle at the Zamora festival (Stanmer Park) on Zamora day (July 1st) if you are interested?
Oh no still not in the team.

Our current front line + BZ and I'm well and truly out.
I will be on the outside pi$$ing all over the pointless vanity project, while hoping to be proved wrong next May.

I'm encouraged by our actual signings, if that continues Bobby could well ice the cake.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Appalling & disgusting he should say 'yawn, yawn' about the incredible legend & the still live possibility he may come 'home' nothing would transform the club as much as anything since the opening day of The Amex & those that could make it happen should get it done or we'll all regret it it (& we won't get promoted with unknown bargains into the bargain)

If you re-read Andy Naylor's tweet, it's clear that his 'yawn, yawn' remark was about the rumours, not about BZ.

I don't know, partly because I can't be arsed to check and partly because to be honest I don't care, but I don't know if Naylor restated his opinion that CMS wasn't going to sign.

My point is that as he has restated that he stands by his tweet that the BZ thing is speculation, he must be pretty sure that he is right.

OK he might turn out to be wrong but he must be confident enough that he is right to restate it so publicly.

If BZ signs then it's egg on face time.

If he doesn't it will be interesting to see if Naylor can resist the temptation to say I told you so or whether he will just smile inwardly to himself.

Whatever happens, one thing is for sure, nobody on here will change their opinion of Naylor, good or bad.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've spoken to him on several occasions and have to say I've always found him a level headed and decent guy.

Even though the yawn yawn may have been a been a dig at me!

I've found all the speculation a bit boring too, but I don't see a problem in posting what I felt to be pretty solid news, from a trusted family member.

Stumpy Tim

If there is any truth in this then then club should offer one year with a clause to a 2nd year extension based on appearances (Maybe over 25 games in the season?)
Wow. I'm sure they had never thought of anything like this & you should immediately ring the Bat Line to Barber. Obviously he'll be a little defensive as he hadn't thought of such a thing despite his £400k salary.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Wow. I'm sure they had never thought of anything like this & you should immediately ring the Bat Line to Barber. Obviously he'll be a little defensive as he hadn't thought of such a thing despite his £400k salary.

Well apologies for joining in the discussion. Everyone else was interested in the debate, seems that it is only you that has sand in their vagina about this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Again, another article that suggests Bobby has Premier League options. Yet there are a bunch of haters on here whom believe the Albion are too good for Bobby. I would be honored to see him wear the strips again. 1st of July is Zamora day. #Believe.

Well said.
#Believe

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
What's he on about now!!

User Actions
Following

Andy Naylor
‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Tuesday's 'Nailed It' probably won't halt the endless rumours but at least you can be assured info re: BZ is incomparably sourced. #bhafc

I was just thinking the same, don't really understand what he is going on about.

One thing is for sure though, he is obsessed with being right on this now.
So much so, that it would be hilarious if Zamora did end up signing....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here