Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Right. I want to get nearer to 43". Have entered the Brooks 10k in November. Still places left if anyone interested.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Right. I want to get nearer to 43". Have entered the Brooks 10k in November. Still places left if anyone interested.

I've signed up for that one with a 41 minute target. It's bold, but it's the ambition!

That said, I struggled with my lunch run today. I only have an hour lunch at work, which includes getting changed and showered, so I tend to knock out a 3-4miler. I work by Preston Park, so any route is going to be hilly, but I struggled today with my 3 miler. Piled into Preston Park Avenue to kick it off which is always a shambles, but even so - I was blowing early on which was a bit upsetting.

Tomorrow is another day!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tempted, but its just a bit too soon after the Velothon Track marathon at Preston Park velodrome a week before.

Oh yeah, I entered that too. My coach has as well, reckons he and one of his proper running clients are both going for PBs. Will be interesting to get lapped about 30 times [emoji22]

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Oh yeah, I entered that too. My coach has as well, reckons he and one of his proper running clients are both going for PBs. Will be interesting to get lapped about 30 times [emoji22]

Oh yes, totally. Might be good to stay in their slipstream for a couple of seconds.. I'll be going for a PB road time, but not really expecting much having not done a track marathon before.. but ive run around the track plenty of times before.. so i don't need to recce the course!!

MMy main aim/goal is to get a sub 4hr at Beachy two weeks before.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh yes, totally. Might be good to stay in their slipstream for a couple of seconds.. I'll be going for a PB road time, but not really expecting much having not done a track marathon before.. but ive run around the track plenty of times before.. so i don't need to recce the course!!

MMy main aim/goal is to get a sub 4hr at Beachy two weeks before.

Might see a winning time of around 2.30 I reckon. James won their last track marathon in 3hrs but wasn't racing, and Paul N is faster (held world record for the treadmill 50k....FFS)

http://mensrunninguk.co.uk/top-feature/brit-breaks-world-record-50km-treadmill/

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Great to catch up with a few people yesterday. A new 10k PB for me of 55.10, very happy with that! Not sure what I will run next, the Brooks 10k clashes with the weekend for what should be Spain v England! It was nice to finish the race with a post run pint in the Better Half, not been to that pub for many years (it was still The Red Lion last time I went)

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Great to catch up with a few people yesterday. A new 10k PB for me of 55.10, very happy with that! Not sure what I will run next, the Brooks 10k clashes with the weekend for what should be Spain v England! It was nice to finish the race with a post run pint in the Better Half, not been to that pub for many years (it was still The Red Lion last time I went)

Impressive amount of time you're knocking off, the West Hoathly running club is doing some good !!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I laid waste to my 5km record at Preston Park parkrun this morning, shaving 10 seconds off and powering through in 19:42. I owe an assist to the Brighton Phoenix runners, I used them as pacers for the first 4km and then bolted past them with half a kilometer to run, they responded but couldn't match me up the hill at the end. I'm waiting for the results to appear, I reckon I put at least 5 seconds between me and the next runner, to finish 17th overall.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Superb running [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]

I've got a family bbq this afternoon. The house is GROANING with food and booze. The only thing I'll be laying waste to on tomorrow's long run is my belly.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Great run ninja. I was at Preston park too but could not keep up with Phoenix lot after the first km. I see the guy who's birthday it was managed a pb of 19:55 - not a bad way to celebrate your 70th!
20:58 for me officially although I think the timing or placings were out and I was just over 21 mins.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cheers folks, it came out of nowhere. I run every lunch break at work, felt like I was really blowing early on yesterday but then felt pretty strong and able to batter it this morning.

Great run ninja. I was at Preston park too but could not keep up with Phoenix lot after the first km. I see the guy who's birthday it was managed a pb of 19:55 - not a bad way to celebrate your 70th!
20:58 for me officially although I think the timing or placings were out and I was just over 21 mins.

I sat in behind them for most of it, they paced it really well for 20 minutes - I suppose you'd expect them to know a thing or two about pacing, but it was right on the money at 1, 2 and 3km. That is pretty special, at that age to be still competing is impressive enough but the time is fantastic. I agree about the timing, my watch said 19:41, but I'm happy to settle!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great run ninja. I was at Preston park too but could not keep up with Phoenix lot after the first km. I see the guy who's birthday it was managed a pb of 19:55 - not a bad way to celebrate your 70th!.

That's the problem with pacers who go too fast!

Good run Ninja and well Happy Birthday Mr70.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Decided against Hove Prom Park Run today to have an extra days rest. Calf felt tight after the Phoenix run and tighter still after football Thursday.

Going out instead tomorrow for a more serene 8/10 miles to build some stamina, as I've been focussing almost exclusively on pace for 5/10k's.

Good running [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] always pleasing to get a pb.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More awesome running all round. Assume Mr 70th is the same guy that did 41 mins on Wednesday (won the 60-69 age cat, even though he was only just in it)...........quite incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here