Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckhams kids in argie shirts

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
What about the French? Allies recently but many wars against them in the past? Italians, allies at the end of war but on the other side at the start? What about the Scandinavian countries, the vikings used to come over regularly back in the day? Is USA ok, think we may have had a bit of a ruckus with them in the past......My point being is there anyone we haven't had a fight with?

600 years or so since we rucked with Portugal. That is why I have one of their shirts with Ronaldo on the back.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
My two boys were 'encouraged' to be chelsea fans , they are now 10 and 13, since weve had season tickets at the amex the oldest considers himself brighton first and chelsea second, which im happy with,the youngest wont be swayed though , hes still chelsea first brighton second.

Can't they have a back up country as well ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
600 years or so since we rucked with Portugal. That is why I have one of their shirts with Ronaldo on the back.

Portugal, our oldest ally I do believe.

Cheating divers on the pitch though ..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
View attachment 56230 what was all that about ? Hes gone down in my estimation after that.

No need to get upset, it's just Brand Beckham in action. As time passes his days on the pitch are being forgotten and in order to keep the advertising money coming in he has to be seen at events and, indeed, court some controversy in order to maintain brand awareness. He can't go on being photographed in his pants forever or getting another tattoo as the impact from doing this is dwindling. Other players retire gracefully to Spain or get a job commentating but I'm afraid this won't happen to Beckham, expect many more " Look At Me " photo opportunities.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No need to get upset, it's just Brand Beckham in action. As time passes his days on the pitch are being forgotten and in order to keep the advertising money coming in he has to be seen at events and, indeed, court some controversy in order to maintain brand awareness. He can't go on being photographed in his pants forever or getting another tattoo as the impact from doing this is dwindling. Other players retire gracefully to Spain or get a job commentating but I'm afraid this won't happen to Beckham, expect many more " Look At Me " photo opportunities.

No need to get upset ? Tell that to the families of the british service personnel who lost their lives .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No need to get upset ? Tell that to the families of the british service personnel who lost their lives .

Yes, I agree that it is not nice for those who lost loved ones but I'm afraid this is business for Beckham. This sort of thing generates the publicity he needs. It's probably pretty upsetting for those who have championed him as being the super patriot who led England through to the World Cup Finals after that goal against Greece too. But, remember, he is just an ex footballer not a politician or philosopher, Sky didn't even trust him to say anything in their latest series of TV ads !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

did some die on the field of football? oh, no, its just a massive dose of melodrama.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
did some die on the field of football? oh, no, its just a massive dose of melodrama.
This was on the 11th of june , so the falklands reference is extremely relevant , maybe do a little research in future , save you looking silly wont it
2014-07-14-19-54-13--675876174.jpeg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This was on the 11th of june , so the falklands reference is extremely relevant , maybe do a little research in future , save you looking silly wont it
View attachment 56245

we won and we can be gracious in victory, rising above their silly protest.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
My Brother in laws Grandson:
His father is a Crippled Palarse fan who bought him the full kit as a Christmas present a couple of years ago.
"Well you can take that rubbish back, I support Brighton like My Grandad"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really can't stand it when I see English kids wearing the shirts of foreign nations. Another sign England are heading for the football wilderness....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does it really matter ? They're not our kids. And why should anyone give a flying **** ? :shrug:

He hasn't gone 'down in my estimation' because the shirts his kids wear is none of my business anyway.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Really can't stand it when I see English kids wearing the shirts of foreign nations. Another sign England are heading for the football wilderness....

I'm with you here, I have no issue with Brazil but I wouldn't buy my kids a Brazil shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here