Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I have no idea what he earns, only that he is crapping himself over never having declared anything. He employs a few people so maybe they are all cash in hand too, no NI contributions etc etc.
Surprised you have never heard of the black economy.

Obviously never paid anybody cash in Hand to save money. Hysteria now rules this thread. You won't get any sense from them as they are stuck reading doomsday news and watching fake tv feeding them more gloom

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
:facepalm: “Illegals” , as you put it, have no option but to work 100% black even if they wanted to pay tax....as they will be unable to register. Your friend is not an illegal though.

I still smell bullshit.

He is no friend of mine. Find him quite a revolting character.
He is working here illegally though, he is therefore not a worker,not legally self employed,not a jobseeker or lawfully economically inactive
Wonder how many traders over the years he has taken work from as he can undercut with lower personal overheads

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is no friend of mine. Find him quite a revolting character.
He is working here illegally though, he is therefore not a worker,not legally self employed,not a jobseeker or lawfully economically inactive
Wonder how many traders over the years he has taken work from as he can undercut with lower personal overheads

You seem to know an awful lot about the employment and business status of someone who isn’t a mate. I’m sorry, the more you dig this hole the less I believe you.....and I thought it was bull from the start.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's just a pro 'managed no deal' article in The Daily Telegraph.With the Mail and Express changing, The Telegraph is sweeping up that market now. It's no different to when a Brexit backing Tory toff with a posh voice starts talking it up on the airwaves though - the pup gets sold to someone.

No deal, managed or not, is just an unsustainable, futile exercise in mutual damage limitation, that Ireland aside, will hurt The UK an awful lot more. '3 weeks maximum' is what I've read is being said in Paris and Berlin on how long we'd last. Even if we were to attempt to proceed with it head on, putting in jeopardy The GFA and everything else and move from being an international joke, to an international pariah, there's an utter plethora of legislation and swathes of laws required to go through parliament before April which isn't psychically possible to happen for one.

It shouldn't surprise me by now, but it still amazes me frankly though - a Brexit backing Tory toff with a posh voice says something and people still believe it, just like they did when they said 'German car manufacturers' 'invisible borders' 'they need us more than we need them' and all the rest of it. People are subliminally in awe of them I think.

You raise good points. Especially the fact that pretty much every single pro-Brexit line has been shown to be fanciful at best. Easiest deal in the world apparently......

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Really? Not seen anything in my letter box, not seen anything in the press, cannot find the links on their website and have not heard one single other person say they have had such a letter.

It seems to be the season of Brexit bullshitting.

The link to the grant and other customs "no deal" advice is on the customs guidance page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...at-to-expect-on-day-one-of-a-no-deal-scenario

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...at-you-need-to-know-about-if-there-is-no-deal

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You seem to know an awful lot about the employment and business status of someone who isn’t a mate. I’m sorry, the more you dig this hole the less I believe you.....and I thought it was bull from the start.

He boasts about living under the tax radar and never paying a penny and working off the books...........some people are dicks like that, as i said revolting character.
My assessment of his employment status considering he works illegally and completely cash in the hand in that way is a fairly good reasoned guess.
What do you think his employment status should be that allows him his freedom of movement rights.........worker? Jobseeker? self employed?

really didnt think you were this naive not to know this sort of thing exists

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
He boasts about living under the tax radar and never paying a penny and working off the books...........some people are dicks like that, as i said revolting character.
My assessment of his employment status considering he works illegally and completely cash in the hand in that way is a fairly good reasoned guess.
What do you think his employment status should be that allows him his freedom of movement rights.........worker? Jobseeker? self employed?

Have you reported him to the authorities?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
why dont you explain what will happen with UK global trade and the WTO if we leave with a no deal scenario.
All you have done is moan that some countries have objected to our schedules.
Why dont you explain to the class what happens in this scenario...........i would be interested to hear what you think happens considering plenty of remoaners on twatter think trade has to come to a stop.

I’ll explain one more time for the hard of understanding.

Britain has submitted a new schedule of quotas and tariffs to the WTO. These define what volumes of goods we will import and the tariffs we will charge on those volumes (effectively managing the volumes of imports) and are based on the EU quotas and tariffs.

In excess of 20 members have objected to our submissions and negotiations are at a halt. The WTO allows for disputes (which under WTO, can take years to resolve) by allowing the continuation of existing quotas and tariffs in the interim. This is what the EU will use as they have also had their submission for reduced quotas objected to, and a number of Brexiteers have referred to this interim position as the solution to ‘no deal’.

However, for all major trading nations and blocs, Britain does not have any existing quotas or tariffs, as they have always traded under the EU’s Schedules. We do have some negotiated tariffs and quotas for some smaller economies where the EU decided it wasn’t cost effective to negotiate for the EU as a whole.

So, from the day we leave we will revert to the WTOs default tariffs (there are no default quotas) for all major economies and trading blocs. This means that not only will be charging the highest possible tariffs on all imports, but the EU will start charging us tariffs on all goods exported to them. (Currently 95% of our lamb exports go to the EU and these will be subject to a tariff of 50% from day 1). We also lose control of import volumes due to the lack of quotas.

Some interesting figures from Parliament on volumes and tariffs here https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmenvfru/348/34805.htm

We don’t have to apply the tariffs (another Brexiteer argument) but we must treat all WTO members the same (Most Favoured Nation). So, for instance, if we decide not to apply the import tariffs on meat, we destroy the British Beef, Lamb and Pork industries by undercutting them with non-tariffed imports.

The above reasons are why no other nation in the world would ever consider trading solely on WTO defaults.

Besides which, we have no procedures, systems or staff in place to operate any of the above in 90 days time.

Before you go running off desperately trying to find something wrong with what I’ve written above, I can save you the bother. If you can contain your excitement for a few more weeks, Her Majesty’s Government will confirm what I have been telling you for the last 2 and a half years, that ‘no deal’ isn’t going to happen anyway :shrug:

*edit* And for the benefit of [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION], this is just a little of what you don't understand

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
why dont you explain what will happen with UK global trade and the WTO if we leave with a no deal scenario.
All you have done is moan that some countries have objected to our schedules.
Why dont you explain to the class what happens in this scenario...........i would be interested to hear what you think happens considering plenty of remoaners on twatter think trade has to come to a stop.

Because he doesn't really know what is going to happen. All he knows that if he keeps on listening and believing to the doomsayers who always predict the worst possible outcome. If he keeps listening to the words could ,might,maybe then perhaps we'll change our minds.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I have just seen that see you have been spending the night digging yourself an entirely different hole

tank-4.jpg

:lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because he doesn't really know what is going to happen. All he knows that if he keeps on listening and believing to the doomsayers who always predict the worst possible outcome. If he keeps listening to the words could ,might,maybe then perhaps we'll change our minds.

And they say timing is the art in comedy :lolol:

:bigwave:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I’ll explain one more time for the hard of understanding.

Britain has submitted a new schedule of quotas and tariffs to the WTO. These define what volumes of goods we will import and the tariffs we will charge on those volumes (effectively managing the volumes of imports) and are based on the EU quotas and tariffs.

In excess of 20 members have objected to our submissions and negotiations are at a halt. The WTO allows for disputes (which under WTO, can take years to resolve) by allowing the continuation of existing quotas and tariffs in the interim. This is what the EU will use as they have also had their submission for reduced quotas objected to, and a number of Brexiteers have referred to this interim position as the solution to ‘no deal’.

However, for all major trading nations and blocs, Britain does not have any existing quotas or tariffs, as they have always traded under the EU’s Schedules. We do have some negotiated tariffs and quotas for some smaller economies where the EU decided it wasn’t cost effective to negotiate for the EU as a whole.

So, from the day we leave we will revert to the WTOs default tariffs (there are no default quotas) for all major economies and trading blocs. This means that not only will be charging the highest possible tariffs on all imports, but the EU will start charging us tariffs on all goods exported to them. (Currently 95% of our lamb exports go to the EU and these will be subject to a tariff of 50% from day 1). We also lose control of import volumes due to the lack of quotas.

Some interesting figures from Parliament on volumes and tariffs here https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmenvfru/348/34805.htm

We don’t have to apply the tariffs (another Brexiteer argument) but we must treat all WTO members the same (Most Favoured Nation). So, for instance, if we decide not to apply the import tariffs on meat, we destroy the British Beef, Lamb and Pork industries by undercutting them with non-tariffed imports.

The above reasons are why no other nation in the world would ever consider trading solely on WTO defaults.

Besides which, we have no procedures, systems or staff in place to operate any of the above in 90 days time.

Before you go running off desperately trying to find something wrong with what I’ve written above, I can save you the bother. If you can contain your excitement for a few more weeks, Her Majesty’s Government will confirm what I have been telling you for the last 2 and a half years, that ‘no deal’ isn’t going to happen anyway :shrug:

*edit* And for the benefit of [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION], this is just a little of what you don't understand

So global trade will continue uninterrupted for us and the EU even though our schedules will be uncertified . Thats what i thought.
Why are so many remainers thinking these countries that have raised objections are trying to stop us trading?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have just seen that see you have been spending the night digging yourself an entirely different hole

View attachment 103358

:lolol:

Go on then, lets see you answer.
What is the employment status of the polish bloke as defined by the treaties, considering he works entirely cash in the hand and declares nothing.
Worker? Jobseeker? legally Self employed?.........even a dimwit like you can answer.

larus

Really? Not seen anything in my letter box, not seen anything in the press, cannot find the links on their website and have not heard one single other person say they have had such a letter.

It seems to be the season of Brexit bullshitting.

I assume you missed the part about it being an article by a civil servant actively involved with the brexit no deal preparations.

Very convenient.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This didn't happen before we joined the EU, as it wasn't needed. This isn't taking back control, but imposing control.

[tweet]1078683297927041024[/tweet]

[tweet]1078700022592606215[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So global trade will continue uninterrupted for us and the EU even though our schedules will be uncertified . Thats what i thought.
Why are so many remainers thinking these countries that have raised objections are trying to stop us trading?

I'm not sure whether you didn't read it or didn't understand it. The EU will continue on their existing schedules. Britain don't have any existing schedules so will use WTO default tariffs.

You may be able to see the problems that could arise if a country could simply submit a schedule and then start trading on that basis with no agreement from anyone :facepalm:

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not sure whether you didn't read it or didn't understand it. The EU will continue on their existing schedules. Britain don't have any existing schedules so will use WTO default tariffs.

i know,trade will continue even though some people think some countries are trying to stop us trading by putting in an objection to our schedules on goods.
Are you getting your crystal ball out to answer the employment status of the Polish ****?........must have been a hard question for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here