Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
The delightful irony of it is that it is highly likely that Burnley will be back in the Championship again next season. Oddschecker have them at 10/11 to be relegated.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stephens doesn't want to sign a Championship contract, that's why we're in this position!

Him (and his agent) are in the driving seat with this one, unfortunately.
No they aren't.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
It appears Burnley have now turned their attentions to Patrick Bamford, so let's hope they've accepted we arnt selling.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats not a riddle at all. Bloom/BHA hold his registration. He cant play for anyone else without that registration being transferred. If Bloom refuses to sell at any price its effectively preventing him from playing anywhere but here
But you said he couldn't drive! You speak in tongue so much you don't even know you're doing it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Stephens had two years left on his contract, I've no doubt he'd be worth 10 million plus. But he hasn't. The length of contract will very usually be reflected in the price.
Yes, usually. Because usually the selling club would rather something than nothing. But if a club don't need to sell the player and they're better keeping the player at a given price, the price becomes what the player is worth to the buying clubs.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
More riddles!

No not at all................That just means that although the player may seem to be in control with his contract running out. Ultimately the final decision of where Dale Stephens plays rests with Tony Bloom for the next 12 months

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But you said he couldn't drive! You speak in tongue so much you don't even know you're doing it!

Bear in mind it wasnt me you claimed was speaking in riddles. I was just giving an interpretation that made sense to me sorry for trying to help but pretty sure ive not spoken on riddles or suggested he couldnt drive so hold off the accusations

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And why is that? Are you suggesting that if he had 4 years remaining on his existing contract, he would be in a better position?

No, I'm saying, and this has already been pointed out be another poster, that Tony can just say 'No' and it ain't gonna happen... Tony is therefore 'in the driving seat'...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO ONE MAN IS BIGGGER THAN THE CLUB
get rid get what you can for him get Dack in
sorted
this really is getting very boring now

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
NO ONE MAN IS BIGGGER THAN THE CLUB
get rid get what you can for him get Dack in
sorted
this really is getting very boring now

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

No player is irreplaceable but Dale would be very difficult if not impossible to replace in 2 days. He is therefore worth a lot more to us than Burnley's paltry offer. Also, Dack (not signed anyway) is NOT a Dale replacement; he is a Pritchard alternative.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The delightful irony of it is that it is highly likely that Burnley will be back in the Championship again next season. Oddschecker have them at 10/11 to be relegated.
It's not delightful irony at all - except for Burnley. They will enjoy their season in the PL, raking in the dosh whilst keeping a sensible rein on their expenditure, then return to the Championship with masses of parachute payments to enable them to mount an even better promotion campaign for 2017-18. They've well and truly got it sussed!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All moving to a natural conclusion ( like Ulloa ) We are holding out for a particular figure and Burnley are edging towards it. One more improved bid and he has gone.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All moving to a natural conclusion ( like Ulloa ) We are holding out for a particular figure and Burnley are edging towards it. One more improved bid and he has gone.

And you know this how?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here