Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This statement seems at odds with the people on this thread who have said the apparel is cultural and not religious or islamic

Whether its cultural or relgious. It hardly matters does it. Its a dress code that has been used for a ffew generations.. Whether its cultuural or religious, what maikes it extremist?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Your not smart enough to misquote me and get away with it. Yes there's a racist element in UKIP, yes there is an extremist element who wear traditional islamic garb, and guess what? Theres an element who dress up as nazis who approved of the nazis but so what? Why is assuming the worst about one ok and not the other? This is your contradiction, your hypocrisy.

Why are jews or rastas relevant to Your hypocrisy here? Stop trying to weasel out of it, you are bigoted to the extent you hold people to different standards its this that makes you a hypocrit.

blah blah blah...nobody is misquoting you...or is that 'paraphrasing'?
Who is trying to weasel out of anything?
You have deccided to bring UKIP into this. Ive NEVER said UKIP are all racists. Ive said the party is full of racists. You are stating all muslim women who wear a certain garb are. You are ridiculous.
YOU have decided that how a particular branch of society is extremist because of their appearance in their traditional or cultural dress. but other cultural/religious clothes dont seem to get the same accolade from you. Its just another example of your bs.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
blah blah blah...nobody is misquoting you...or is that 'paraphrasing'?
Who is trying to weasel out of anything?
You have deccided to bring UKIP into this. Ive NEVER said UKIP are all racists. Ive said the party is full of racists. You are stating all muslim women who wear a certain garb are. You are ridiculous.
YOU have decided that how a particular branch of society is extremist because of their appearance in their traditional or cultural dress. but other cultural/religious clothes dont seem to get the same accolade from you. Its just another example of your bs.

Erm you are misquoting me, I said why can you assume that most ukip are racists and most burka wearers do not have extremist tendencies? What sources of info are you quoting to make those assumptions other than being a hypocrite?

Its this contradiction I brought up and you decided to jump on. It is a weak position to hold, but you like a fool took the bait and decided to try to defend it.

What evidence do you have that most ukip supporters are racist and most burka wearers do not have extremist sympathies?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im going on holiday. Keep believing anybody in a burka is an extremist. Have a trawl throught the comments sections of UKIP pages. You will find plenty of racism. Have a good one, I know im about to.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Im going on holiday. Keep believing anybody in a burka is an extremist. Have a trawl throught the comments sections of UKIP pages. You will find plenty of racism. Have a good one, I know im about to.

i thought you were trying to change peoples minds on this Dave. Why the sudden change of heart?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The point is no one in a free society ironically has the right to cover their face and be anonymous, no one. It is a security risk and only common sense would suggest it should be banned. I can't see how anyone can argue against this. This is not Saudi Arabia or some fanatical Islamic state it is the United Kingdom. If people do not like this, it would be best if they moved to a part of the World this is accepted and embraced. The full face veil should be banned from our shores, now

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The point is no one in a free society ironically has the right to cover their face and be anonymous, no one. It is a security risk and only common sense would suggest it should be banned. I can't see how anyone can argue against this. This is not Saudi Arabia or some fanatical Islamic state it is the United Kingdom. If people do not like this, it would be best if they moved to a part of the World this is accepted and embraced. The full face veil should be banned from our shores, now

But, but, if you keep deflecting the issue and concentrate on Ukip, the senario, will go away. Any mention of banning the burka, at least for security in buildings will immediately bring in Ukip, you know the drill, it is called deflecting.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

that makes no sense. You are not allowed to cover your face in a freezing cold country where it rains and snows a lot. thats mental. I am not agreeing with the developing trend for wearing the burka in communities where its equally not historically been worn, but this nonsense over being visible and no one having the right to be anonomous is rhubarb. if you dont like the burka you feel it represents a perceived creeping islamisation,lack of integration, shift away from mainstream culture, or is indeed a statement of any of those, then come out and say it. rather than dress it up as some sort of rule for all, when thats clearly not the intention.

Fifty years of studiously avoiding discussing integration and now apparently the best we can do is say no one should wear anything on their faces but that includes everyone, um, er, we dont mean anyone in particular. That's not progress.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
that makes no sense. You are not allowed to cover your face in a freezing cold country where it rains and snows a lot. thats mental. I am not agreeing with the burka, but this nonsense over being visible and no one having the right to be anonomous is rhubarb. if you dont like the burka as it represents a perceived creeping islamisation,lack of integration, shift away from mainstream culture, or is indeed a statement of any of those, then come out and say it. rather than dress it up as some sort of rule for all, when thats clearly not the intention.

The UK is on high alert for a terrorism attack so for me to allow people, who could be male and a jihadist to wander around with their face fully covered is to be blunt, fcking stupid but hey ho what I say matters jack shit, we will see how things develop in time

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Top Gear team had a jolly time driving around Syria recently, just seen the tv special, to be fair I think it was well before the Isis inbreds started their beheading, murdering, raping, and destroying jollies though

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The UK is on high alert for a terrorism attack so for me to allow people, who could be male and a jihadist to wander around with their face fully covered is to be blunt, fcking stupid but hey ho what I say matters jack shit, we will see how things develop in time

yes we will see more lily livered passive aggressive legislation designed to appease certain sections of society, while the real issues of integration and social cohesion go unaddressed, as they are too much like hard work. People are throwing you a bone here.

bloody hell i sound like one of the conspiracy theorists today.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
But, but, if you keep deflecting the issue and concentrate on Ukip, the senario, will go away. Any mention of banning the burka, at least for security in buildings will immediately bring in Ukip, you know the drill, it is called deflecting.

Ah, my font of local knowledge makes himself look a tit again. I didn't bring UKIP wankers into this conversation. The aptly named Looney did. As for deflection, coming from a tit who tried deception, funny. Got a link for that imaginary page yet? I'm sure I'll see your waffling explanation when I get back.
Q

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ah, my font of local knowledge makes himself look a tit again. I didn't bring UKIP wankers into this conversation. The aptly named Looney did. As for deflection, coming from a tit who tried deception, funny. Got a link for that imaginary page yet? I'm sure I'll see your waffling explanation when I get back.
Q

Are you going to North Korea on your Holiday-----enjoy-----your posts have become more & more desperate------just my view btw.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not so long ago Syria was a great, progressive, secular country.

Whilst completely agreeing with you that conditions in Syria are far, far worse now than they were before, I think your description there of the Assad regime is just a tiny bit rose-tinted .................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here