Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
That was utter rubbish, oh well, don't think I have seen such a lethargic performance. I know they do care but it really looked like they could not be arsed, everyone of them.
Like you Ozzy, very disappointing. I cannot remember a game when we have so blatantly dominated in the same way the Huddersfield did tonight. Right now I would feel more confident if the Terriers were playing in the Seagulls shirts.... Far too many sub standard performances of late...Like everyone else on this thread, I want to see CH turn this around so that when we win, we do so convincingly...if we cant do that then even if we are promoted it will be short lived.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Hughton not come out of the dressing room for his interview yet.........does he have 'hair dryer' mode ?

Yeah there was an incident last season when he ripped them apart and the press commented on it. Can't recall the game though.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
haven't read the thread as just got back from the pub

but midfield completely missing, Kayal not at the races, Norwood - i just don't know what he does (!), and the defence was shockingly unlucky/awful, no service to knockeart

oh well - top of the league

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not that bothered, but i will be on Sunday if Chris has not learned a huge lesson on away tactics and the players are so angry with themselves that they cant wait to get out there and rip the opposition apart, if its another show like tonight then i may start to really worry that we could throw it all away.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Sorry, he was massively at fault for their first and third goals. Beaten at the near post is just a no and neither catching or punching a cross is just plain poor. had he not made those mistakes the game could have been different. Notwithstanding our inability to have a shot on goal.

Deflection off dunk took it past him for the 1st goal. He was defo at fault for the third though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair point. It worries me that we seem to persist with the 4-4-2 whatever the weather, If we make it up next year I hope Chris will be more flexible with his tactics.

Still he has done bloody well so far, we need to put this one behind us and make sure we don't lose at Brentford.

Onwards and upwards.
In my moments of optimism I've already started wondering about that.

The promoted teams go into a 2 division league.

8 of the teams can rip you a new one.
The other 11 can be given a game.

So what would/should Chris do to protect this team from themselves.

Playing a resigned Stephens as sweeper, was the best option I could come up with.
It's certainly a position that needed filling tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here