Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans of other clubs, laughing at our coming 2nd parade on social media

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"Like" wasn't included to baffle, nor was it included randomly. It's part of my speech pattern and I choose an informal tone online as the more formal style can seem dry.

But sure, I will absolutely change the way I type out my thoughts for you, Mr anonymous Brighton fan on the internet, that's absolutely something I'll bother my arse to do. I wonder, do you also spend your time trying to police the use of capitals and correcting the grammar of total strangers?

It was said in jest. I thought you'd get that from the 'Sussex As She Wus Spoke' ending. However, if you want to be understood in modern Sussex, you don't have to get rid of the superfluous 'like', just put it elsewhere in the sentence. My teenage daughter sends me text messages saying she needs picking up at 'Like 8 O'clock.'

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
i'll let you know when I feel plastic :thumbsup:
regards
DR

I never realised it was the plastics, who decide when and if they are plastic, I thought it was some Uber fan on an internet message board arbitrarily announcing who could support a club, and who couldn't.

It's true what they say, you never stop learning.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
"Like" wasn't included to baffle, nor was it included randomly. It's part of my speech pattern and I choose an informal tone online as the more formal style can seem dry.

But sure, I will absolutely change the way I type out my thoughts for you, Mr anonymous Brighton fan on the internet, that's absolutely something I'll bother my arse to do. I wonder, do you also spend your time trying to police the use of capitals and correcting the grammar of total strangers?

Welcome to NSC. Roughly 72% of all posts are grammatical pedantry or spelling corrections. The other 27% consists of deliberate spelling and punctuation and/or other mistakes to give the 72% something to do. Hope this helps.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Didn’t Palace have an open-top bus parade through the streets of Upper Norwood in 2013…for winning the play-offs?

No, but they did do a couple of donuts in a y reg Vauxhall nova festooned with bog paper coloured in red and blue with felt tips by the spastics from the holmesdale fanatics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Welcome to NSC. Roughly 72% of all posts are grammatical pedantry or spelling corrections. The other 27% consists of deliberate spelling and punctuation and/or other mistakes to give the 72% something to do. Hope this helps.

Not to mention correcting poor mathematics.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
As i tweeted earlier. The last time there were 100k people on the streets of croydon was when they burnt down their town and then looted jd sports and Currys

IMG_20170514_234356.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Did you lot have an open bus parade in 2013?Because, if you didn't, you shouldn't even be on this thread.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I don't think we need to be too sensitive about others laughing. It felt right to us, and somewhere between 60-100,000 people felt it was right yesterday.. It is the biggest thing we have had to celebrate (on the pitch) for years, if not ever - to others it is simply a "good season", for us probably our best ever. It feels like the right time to draw a line under the past 20 years, and look forward - yesterday was that "line" for me. Let's brush the chip off our shoulder and enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here