Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC starts for the U-21s tonight

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
He played the whole 90 minutes, that is so cool, he's holding his own amongst EPL starters and Championship stars like Hughes and Butland, top effort, something for us all to be very proud of.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He is 20 years old FFS. Good on him! Loads of potential being realised and I have absolutely no doubt that he will be a better player in 2016 than he is now. Some people on this board need to grow up!

TNBA

TTF

Yes, but not on this thread. Nothing but praise here, everyone is pleased for him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love JFC. He is the best young midfielder we have brought through for ages. In fact I am struggling to think of a better one that has come through our youth team.

He will make mistakes, but he will get much better. Plays a great role for England U21s

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He played the whole 90 minutes, that is so cool, he's holding his own amongst EPL starters and Championship stars like Hughes and Butland, top effort, something for us all to be very proud of.
Definitely. If you can't feel a sense of pride from one of our own youth products being recognised among the best young players in the country (and looking very much at home), we might as well just all give up.

It's the sort of thing that would have seemed laughable just a few years ago. I know Harding and Hinshelwood made a couple of appearances for the u21s (mostly thanks to Peter Taylor), but JFC's a proper regular now with 8 caps, and is still only 20.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love JFC. He is the best young midfielder we have brought through for ages. In fact I am struggling to think of a better one that has come through our youth team.

He will make mistakes, but he will get much better. Plays a great role for England U21s

This with cow bells on, I wonder what odds to play in England first team no doubt with someone in the Premiership ( I hate EPL it sounds so..... American)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He's not good enough at that level from what I have seen so far. Too one dimensional. No pace.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Shocks me how many think he's a bad player. Think he's decent now with the potential to be very good

Needs to learn to kick with his right foot. Then he might be quite good. How a pro player can get to that age and not kick well with both feet is beyond me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Definitely. If you can't feel a sense of pride from one of our own youth products being recognised among the best young players in the country (and looking very much at home), we might as well just all give up.

It's the sort of thing that would have seemed laughable just a few years ago. I know Harding and Hinshelwood made a couple of appearances for the u21s (mostly thanks to Peter Taylor), but JFC's a proper regular now with 8 caps, and is still only 20.

Agree completely.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
England: Butland, Dier, Shaw, Hughes, Gibson, Moore, Berahino, Forster-Caskey, Kane, Carroll, Redmond. Subs: Garbutt, Bond, Lascelles, Ince, Woodrow, Pritchard, Baker.

As expected, Forster-Caskey retains his place for the second leg.

Kicks off at 5pm, and is live on BTSport1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here