Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham target Dunk as Reid replacement

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
We've received some good money for a number of players recently. But the strategy must now be to retain our quality young players and build a competitive squad again.

Derby kept their side together in the main, and supplemented sensibly with a small number of signings....without parachute payments. This is the model I'd like to see us emulate.

How are we meant to build a truly competitive squad if we sell the best quality in short order?

Quality & stability over 2 or 3 seasons is needed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he wants to go, we'll have to let him, but hopefully not in January.

5-6 million from someone like West Ham or Southampton with a big sell on percent for when they sell him for bigger money higher up the foodchain.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
4m ............you are having a laugh
8m and then we start talking and we want good sell on percentage
I mean blooming hell he is our top goal scorer

Feb 14, 2010
If West Ham pay the proper asking price then he has to go with best of luck. Afraid he wouldn't be seeing the Premier League with Brighton for this or next season.If ever, the absolute earliest with the Albion is a season and a half away where he could be injured, have lost form or whatever.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He will go however hopefully we might re-invest the money in players for a change.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
No need to sell this January so I would only entertain it for an big fee. I think he would be in the £5m bracket so I would want £6m plus to move during the season.

I don't think we will come under that sort of pressure this time around personally...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£16 million + Noble & Nolan. The last two come for nought, but their wages are a bit too much.

PS: And Dunk loaned back for next season.

Or else we will sell him to Spurs.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Before the Jury's Inn-cident, wasn't it Arsenal who were said to be interested? And I've just read this quote from Alan Shearer on the BBC website:

Arsenal 2-0 Hull "Arsene Wenger took a lot of pressure off himself and the club by winning the FA Cup. He signed some players in the summer but they never signed the commanding centre half they needed and I think that's why the pressure is now back on him now. But in his defence there are not a lot of top quality defenders out there."

Don't want to see Dunk leave, but hopefully West Ham won't be the only ones interested, which presumably could push up the price.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here