Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch vs Groves Sky 'Gloves are off' special this Sat

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What happens if it is peeing down with rain next Saturday night ?

The ring canopy should suffice, subject to any wind, at Haye's little toe debacle in Hamburg, it was torrential rain most the day and was still really wet on fight night, it meant all the people in the expensive seats got piss wet through.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
HTML:
Worry or increased confidence? I've watched it twice now and still can't work it out, is Froch overconfident again, or as Groves says he now knows he can win rather than believe. Whatever I think it's going to be call sic and possibly one the greatest sporting events in recent history.

It's a shame the sports gone down the Ppv/sky route because if this fight was free to air you'd have an audience to rival the Benn/Eubank 2 figures, then again that's how the fighters get the increased purses now.

Does anyone know how much each they are getting?

The split is probably about 8 for CF, 1.5 for GG.

For the thought that GG can't improve on last time: he was working with a new trainer and a new strength and conditioning coach for the first time and he was still wrangling with Adam Booth a couple of weeks before fight night. He'll be better this time. Carl wasn't at his worst, he just was what he is: slow with ponderous feet.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
HTML:

The split is probably about 8 for CF, 1.5 for GG.

For the thought that GG can't improve on last time: he was working with a new trainer and a new strength and conditioning coach for the first time and he was still wrangling with Adam Booth a couple of weeks before fight night. He'll be better this time. Carl wasn't at his worst, he just was what he is: slow with ponderous feet.

£8million and knocking 37 could be a factor. With a young family if it's really hard fight will he be prepared to be carried out on his shield or will he just put in an adequate showing and take the easy option for the money?

Win, lose or draw, hats off to him and his people for negotiating that kind of deal.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ok just seen press conference and my observations:

Froch looks focused and not playing Groves mind games. Both fighters look well up for it, I want Groves to knock him out but I just think Froch is more focused this time and going to take the fight this time.

I do t think this will go more than 8 rounds maximum

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Ok just seen press conference and my observations:

Froch looks focused and not playing Groves mind games. Both fighters look well up for it, I want Groves to knock him out but I just think Froch is more focused this time and going to take the fight this time.

I do t think this will go more than 8 rounds maximum

Totally agree. Froch hasn't really been drawn into the trash talking as much as last time. Personally think the talking Groves has done has only motivated Froch more. Would love to see Froch taken down a peg or two, but feel Froch was poorly prepared the last time they fought.
Should be a good old fashioned tear up. Punting on Froch to knock Groves out in the 6th.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Totally agree. Froch hasn't really been drawn into the trash talking as much as last time. Personally think the talking Groves has done has only motivated Froch more. Would love to see Froch taken down a peg or two, but feel Froch was poorly prepared the last time they fought.
Should be a good old fashioned tear up. Punting on Froch to knock Groves out in the 6th.

Will the predicted left hook knockout punch from Groves have any bearing on Froch's state of mind?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I don't think you can GLEAN anything from a press conference, I remember Frank Bruno saying what he was going to do to Tyson in the 2nd fight before FREEZING with fear.

It's one thing chatting in a press conference and another walking out and seeing 80000 people out there expectant, wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them were affected by that.

My prediction at the moment is Eddie Hearn engineering a draw so we get a 3rd match

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I don't think you can GLEAN anything from a press conference, I remember Frank Bruno saying what he was going to do to Tyson in the 2nd fight before FREEZING with fear.

It's one thing chatting in a press conference and another walking out and seeing 80000 people out there expectant, wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them were affected by that.

My prediction at the moment is Eddie Hearn engineering a draw so we get a 3rd match

So where does this leave our full English wager Ernest?

If I have to pay out for a draw as well I might have to cancel buying my Dick Knight shares.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What was the bet ? I thought it was my man TYSON FURY smashing David Haye and that maybe back on again

After Fury's 2 time lucky let off from the pasting from Haye, you reluctantly predicted Froch whilst I went for Groves.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I remember that, poor old Frank looked like he was shatting himself as he walked to the ring, then they struggled to get him to take his gown off lol........as for Haye/Fury I still think this will happen as it's the biggest fight out there for both of them domestically. I don't think Chisora/Fury could even sell out there local boozers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just watched the first fight again. Not the best quality boxing but unbeatable drama, it could have gone either way. Shocking decision to stop the fight, my head says Froch in the rematch, knockout in the 8th.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just a quick question re: watching boxing in a stadium. If you are say 100 yards from the ring, can you see anything? I daresay they have big screens you can see from your seat, but that wouldn't make up for the matchstick men in the ring slugging it out :ohmy:

I've seen bands in stadiums from a distance, but the music is the main thing not so much the spectacle ???

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just a quick question re: watching boxing in a stadium. If you are say 100 yards from the ring, can you see anything? I daresay they have big screens you can see from your seat, but that wouldn't make up for the matchstick men in the ring slugging it out :ohmy:

I've seen bands in stadiums from a distance, but the music is the main thing not so much the spectacle ???

Which is why we went for the £100 raised seats, opposite the tunnel, as the fight gets exciting people will naturally stand, so with no one actually in front of us on level ground the view wont be affected.

Having watched the build up yesterday Im convinced this is Groves's time, and after winning tomorrow night he could go on to become an all time British boxing great and be World champion for a number of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here