Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Approx 29,000 sold to date for Monday's Play Off Game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But when we were last promoted to the top division our gates went down, as some people would rather see a side win regularly in a lower division than be beaten in a division higher (I'm not saying that it's necessarily the case that our gates would go down but it would be a possibility).

As much as I've often advocated the same thing (people would rather see a winning team in a lower division than a losing team in the division above), I think that goes out the window for the Premier League.

Also, football has changed so much since we last reached the top flight, I'm not sure it can be used as any kind of barometer for what will happen next time we achieve the same feat.

But when we were last promoted to the top division our gates went down, as some people would rather see a side win regularly in a lower division than be beaten in a division higher (I'm not saying that it's necessarily the case that our gates would go down but it would be a possibility).

tbh 30k+in the goldstone with spurs,west ham,man utd did not represent a safe family environment,after spurs,west ham and chelsea in previous seasons you would have to be a bit silly to take the family.Also the facilities were still third division at best.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There's a lot of disregard for road safety there. Not one seatbelt worn, plus people standing up in a moving vehicle. I'd imagine Saturday will be spent at the hospital.
I thought it was going to change on Friday I got to get down to the pub for the big game:nono:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looking like a sell will happen.

30K+, hopefully not too many Wednesday in the home stands or 1901.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Also, football has changed so much since we last reached the top flight, I'm not sure it can be used as any kind of barometer for what will happen next time we achieve the same feat.

This is so true. So much has changed about football, about the club, about the stadium and about Brighton and the surrounding areas that comparisons between now and 35 years ago are essentially meaningless

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Another big reason was that it cost a lot more to get in to watch, surely this time prices wouldn't increase by much

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

This keeps getting thrown out and has no basis in modern football.

Show me dwindling crowds for any top tier side in the last 20 years. To save you time, the best examples you will be able to find are 2-3k dropoffs for teams almost down by christmas.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Show me dwindling crowds for any top tier side in the last 20 years. To save you time, the best examples you will be able to find are 2-3k dropoffs for teams almost down by christmas.

OK.

Boro dropped from 34,386 avg in 1999/2000, immediately after promotion, to as low as 26,780 in the Premier League in 2008 (when they finished 13th).

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

I said this in another post a few months back and got slagged off for it but it's true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here