Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Seems like a reasonable argument.

I've always been put off by the queues in any case. The Swan i find is a good alternative for those wanting to get there earlier/stay later and they too show all the other games.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Now the club have finally explained the position, I kind of understand and accept it. It's been handled bloody appallingly though and information has been drip-fed. If they'd made that statement from the off, it wouldn't have caused half the ruckus it has.

Whoever was behind the origninal comms needs a bit of a bollocking.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now the club have finally explained the position, I kind of understand and accept it. It's been handled bloody appallingly though and information has been drip-fed. If they'd made that statement from the off, it wouldn't have caused half the ruckus it has.

Agreed.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

On the one hand they've got no real responsibility to explain every decision they make but, as you say, on the other they should have anticipated that announcing a previously free use area would become an expensive members only area would probably be one of those things you give a little background to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Is the explanation any different to Barber's email in post #194? I can't see much difference, myself.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Agree entirely.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Is the explanation any different to Barber's email in post #194? I can't see much difference, myself.

No, it's virtually the same. This may shock you, but there is a life outside of NSC and the vast majority of supporters won't have seen that post, but will have received the email.

I can't really understand the point you're making.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Average away fans traveling with the Albion is around 2000 and so it is my expectation that most on here don't know how well off they are at the Amex.
I visited a few aways last season and whilst some had fair facilities there were some that were awful. Charlton with a new ground had two blokes serving from an outside bar. With the new grounds being built out of town there are rarely any nearby pubs.
Certainly I don't recall any bandstands and outside ale and chippy bars any where else. Our concourse is second to none regarding layout but if I could get quicker service pre-match and half time I'd spend more. My Mum would like a seat and I often ask a kid to move so she can sit in the window sill.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, it's virtually the same. This may shock you, but there is a life outside of NSC and the vast majority of supporters won't have seen that post, but will have received the email.

I can't really understand the point you're making.

I wasn't making any point. I still don't see why the club are doing this. I don't see the need for the sarcasm.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Average away fans traveling with the Albion is around 2000 and so it is my expectation that most on here don't know how well off they are at the Amex.
I visited a few aways last season and whilst some had fair facilities there were some that were awful. .

Agreed
Huddersfield/John Smiths Stadium - There is no concourse. They do sell beer but you have to drink it, standing in the rain.
QPR/Loftus Road - concourse is about 3 inches wide. - no choice of beers etc - pukka pies - standard fare.
Norwich - concourse looks like its from the 80s, a couple of ancient TVs, despite Delia - food is usual football ground fare
Craven Cottage - not bad - prices are hefty - some attempt at non run of the mill food etc.
Brentford - Blimey. Back in the dark ages.- lovely pubs but nothing to do with Griffin Park.

Is there really anywhere better than us in the Champ ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Agreed
Huddersfield/John Smiths Stadium - There is no concourse. They do sell beer but you have to drink it, standing in the rain.
QPR/Loftus Road - concourse is about 3 inches wide. - no choice of beers etc - pukka pies - standard fare.
Norwich - concourse looks like its from the 80s, a couple of ancient TVs, despite Delia - food is usual football ground fare
Craven Cottage - not bad - prices are hefty - some attempt at non run of the mill food etc.
Brentford - Blimey. Back in the dark ages.- lovely pubs but nothing to do with Griffin Park.

Newcastle

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would have been better off making it another adults bar if not working as a family venue. There always seems to be a whole bars full of people queuing outside dicks which I am sure would appreciate another bar to get a drink in. Will still be amazed if anyone actually pays for this new membership

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would have been better off making it another adults bar if not working as a family venue. There always seems to be a whole bars full of people queuing outside dicks which I am sure would appreciate another bar to get a drink in. Will still be amazed if anyone actually pays for this new membership
I wouldn't be surprised on take up if it's a ~£20 addition to the monthly dd.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Would have been better off making it another adults bar if not working as a family venue. There always seems to be a whole bars full of people queuing outside dicks which I am sure would appreciate another bar to get a drink in.

They have, but one where you can guarantee you won't have to queue to get in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed

What's Villa like

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

I would (but wont). I know of many who will knowing the kind of clientele there is in there (no kids). I pay a lot more than £250 extra to stay in a 'kids free' hotel with no queuing up for anything for 14 nights so £250 for 23 games is cheap. Still wont though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed

Wigan, Preston and Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here