Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TWELVE pounds ENTRY to Seven STARS Bar tomorrow*

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
What the club should do is introduce a minimum spend per adult, say £20 This could be done by charging each adult £20 entrance in exchange for vouchers that can be used at the bar.

Then refuse you entry to the game, for being 'under the influence'...

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Match-by-match places in Seven Stars are available to book now for £12 per match.

The pass will include:

Lounge access available from 12pm until 7.30pm on Saturday matches (before and after the match), and from 5pm until 11pm for midweek fixtures
Big screens showing Premier League and EFL fixtures during opening hours, plus selected other sporting events
Pre-match Q&As with ex-Albion players and members' quizzes, with matchday spot prizes
Free pool and football table, with matchday competitions for members
Pay bar serving a wide range of alcoholic and soft drinks, hot drinks, and a kiosk-style bar menu
Complimentary matchday programme
Relaxed dress code, allowing trainers and replica shirts to be worn

Is this a BARGAIN ?

How did they decide which bits of the experience were going to be free and complimentary and which bits were included in the £12? Why isn't the relaxed dress code free?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
For that price you could see 12 "performances" in the Flying Scotsman in Kings X..

That place was moody and the drains absolutely facking stank. Maybe it was to cover up the smell of fish? No visit to Wycombe is complete without visiting The White Horse. Shame they're doing so shite - hopefully draw them in the FA Cup.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
For that price you could see 12 "performances" in the Flying Scotsman in Kings X..

Now completely refurbished and reopened under it's original name of "The Scottish Stores". Quite a decent pub, although they tend to major in pints rather than "jugs" now.:whistle:

That bit of London is being gentrified and the likes of the FS and the Bell up the road are no more.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I see the club are still promoting this again on the official website , madness , genuine question , have the club ever said why they wanted to turn part of the community stadium into a elitist bar for well heeled people who like looking at square objects ? i mean how is it sustainable when we are supposed to losing 10 million a season , would really like to know how many fans pay for the pleasure to spend even more money on saturday , it must cost more in lighting and heating than matchday turnover if previous reports on customer numbers are to be believed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
By all means tell me to bore off, but having recently experienced just what they lay on for fans in a US ballpark, this concept of actually charging fans just to enter a bog-standard stadium bar is utterly astonishing. Its off-the-scale stupidity. Its an embarrassment.

As a venue to watch the game I love the Amex, its a fabulous stadium, that goes without saying. But it genuinely amazes me just how horrifically wrong they have got it with regard to the catering, the service, and the bars. With a loyal captive audience they could and should be multiplying their turnover, its just such a massive FAIL on the clubs part. Just imagine the money they could make by actually having a large, decent, proper pub-style bar on the premises with a big capacity, serving some half decent Wetherspoons-style scoff, instead of the bland, anaemic airport lounge Dicks bar we're lumbered with, or the poxy concourses with the non-moving queues.

This Seven Stars bar with the £12 entry fee is a joke. Its the cracked-off turd on top of the shit sandwich BHA serve up to fans for their "matchday experience".

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
By all means tell me to bore off, but having recently experienced just what they lay on for fans in a US ballpark, this concept of actually charging fans just to enter a bog-standard stadium bar is utterly astonishing. Its off-the-scale stupidity. Its an embarrassment.

As a venue to watch the game I love the Amex, its a fabulous stadium, that goes without saying. But it genuinely amazes me just how horrifically wrong they have got it with regard to the catering, the service, and the bars. With a loyal captive audience they could and should be multiplying their turnover, its just such a massive FAIL on the clubs part. Just imagine the money they could make by actually having a large, decent, proper pub-style bar on the premises with a big capacity, serving some half decent Wetherspoons-style scoff, instead of the bland, anaemic airport lounge Dicks bar we're lumbered with, or the poxy concourses with the non-moving queues.

This Seven Stars bar with the £12 entry fee is a joke. Its the cracked-off turd on top of the shit sandwich BHA serve up to fans for their "matchday experience".

So where might this large, decent proper pub style bar be? Outside stadium or inside remembering that it might only be at full capacity 25 times a year. Who would use it on non match days? Doubt it we'd get planning permission if outside the stadium, oh then there's the contracts with breweries - give the Club some credit please! Things are different in the states and from what I've seen no one is interested in the sport, just scoffing their faces for the entire match.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm amazed stuff like this gets such a reaction. Was it really busy before? I've never been in there so don't know.

If that's what the club want to do then just drink in Dicks / concourse / town surely ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think people are forgetting that visitors in the lounge can take advantage of a more relaxed dresscode, allowing trainers and replica shirts to be worn.

There. Who says that's not worth at least £12?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I always went in with my Son up until this season when the 'season ticket' for the bar was mentioned and I guess given the poor up take in this they decided to offer £12 match day passes!! Now it was never going to be a full-on drinking session type of bar given it was for kids especially, now they have taken that away there is nowhere for the kids to go prior to the game. That is not too bad when it sunny but when it comes to the more inclement months it becomes a tadge different. The club needs to make money I get that, but for the sake of £40,000 in the whole scheme of things it seems strange. Unless we are on the slope of really turning the bar into another corporate area.

Interesting to know what the numbers are this season and if it is making any kind of money with the entrance fee included

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I find strange is the club's ostrich head-in-the-sand way of repeatedly sending out the same bland, yet somehow ridiculous, messaging around this.

When your own supporters are, pretty much exclusively, taking the piss then there's something wrong isn't there?

Just look at the responses: https://www.facebook.com/officialbhafc/posts/10154631802868139:0

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A very reasonable charge imo. Customers at FC Brighton need to understand that providing a premium brand soccerball experience isn't cheap. Since the club was formed in 2011, costs have escalated. Dig deep into your pockets you cheapskates. The FREE pool table is worth every penny.......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So where might this large, decent proper pub style bar be? Outside stadium or inside remembering that it might only be at full capacity 25 times a year. Who would use it on non match days? Doubt it we'd get planning permission if outside the stadium, oh then there's the contracts with breweries - give the Club some credit please! Things are different in the states and from what I've seen no one is interested in the sport, just scoffing their faces for the entire match.

Yup, its obviously utterly IMPOSSIBLE to have a proper decent sized pub / bar for fans, serving quality food in or anywhere near the Amex. Silly me, I forgot what country we're in again didn't I. Lets just be grateful for our overpriced, limp lukewarm burgers / hotdogs, the mediocre pies, and the interminable queues to get them.

The Amex might be a 21st century stadium, but the catering is right out of 1976.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Lager top please

9844256_orig.gif

I once asked for a Lager top in WSU, (not for me I hasten to add) the lad behind the counter disappeared for ages and on his return demonstrated that the only tops he could find were for the tea/coffee cups and would not fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here