Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did I say anything about Dale playing!? Thought not...

Your second sentence needs work, but I repeat that Dack is not Dale's replacement...

no you did'nt
but is he playing or even in the squad
so we might just as well sell
its not me suggesting that Dack is a replacement ...................plenty of other s(media) are though
I really do not want to get into an arguement about this but if he does not want to be here and play for us GET RID

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
no you did'nt
its not me suggesting that Dack is a replacement ...................plenty of other s(media) are though
I really do not want to get into an arguement about this but if he does not want to be here and play for us GET RID

He is in the squad - was on the bench on Saturday. I still think he'll be gone tomorrow though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good that this is going to be sorted by tomorrow, it has to be disruptive to the squad having a player who won't commit to the club.

I don't see him giving 100% unless he signs a new contract. Unlike Kayal he has not come out and said anything, we will be better off without him if he is even vaguely pissed off to be kept here after tomorrow night, IMO.

No player should overshadow proceedings as Stephens situation has during this drawn out saga.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Maybe TB's willing to risk the £5-6m we will lose and save it on potential transfer fees? If Pritchard was reportedly £8m and Dack will now be the signing instead for around £2m the money we will save will cover the loss if Dale goes on a free next year if we don't go up.
I'd rather have Stephens and Dack than just Pritchard.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The fact that DS didn't take match fitness opportunity against Oxford or come on once Newcastle were two up suggests to me that we'll see him go today.

That said, I hope I'm wrong and he stays but I can't see it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Will be off today or tomorrow once Burnley offer around 7 million and leaving it so late will derail our season big time and the playoffs at best.
Should never leave these til the last minute as we'll never get a replacement in on time...the transfer window is bollocks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Will be off today or tomorrow once Burnley offer around 7 million and leaving it so late will derail our season big time and the playoffs at best.
Should never leave these til the last minute as we'll never get a replacement in on time...the transfer window is bollocks.

That simply won't happen. We won't sell at that price (a price we have already rejected) so late in the day without a replacement lined up.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Good that this is going to be sorted by tomorrow, it has to be disruptive to the squad having a player who won't commit to the club.

I don't see him giving 100% unless he signs a new contract. Unlike Kayal he has not come out and said anything, we will be better off without him if he is even vaguely pissed off to be kept here after tomorrow night, IMO.

No player should overshadow proceedings as Stephens situation has during this drawn out saga.

Agreed. Alas this was an inevitable outcome the moment Wednesday both smote our ruin, and cleaved our hearts in twain amongst blades of grass upon the AMEX turf.

So long Dale, I wish you luck.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Burnley leave it so late that we cannot get a replacement in then the deal won't happen.

Hopefully they also pay a massive premium on the price for leaving it so late.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
no you did'nt

The media know ****-all about Dack and Stephens as players... trust me, Dack is more a Pritchard alternative.

Also, my preferred outcome is Dale stays, gets re-focused and makes a great contribution to a successful season a la Dunk last season... there are no games until after the window closes, so just be patient...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Burnley leave it so late that we cannot get a replacement in then the deal won't happen.

Hopefully they also pay a massive premium on the price for leaving it so late.

Is my way of thinking too... **** them with their low bids and tiny increments... too late you northern tw@ts...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That simply won't happen. We won't sell at that price (a price we have already rejected) so late in the day without a replacement lined up.

Have we rejected £7m though? According to the Argus, Burnley's most recent bid was £5.5m – so unless their offers are decreasing, Tony's resolve hasn't yet been tested at £7m.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

No player should overshadow proceedings as Stephens situation has during this drawn out saga

Burnley, Stephens and his scummy agent have had a massively negative influence on the club. Stephens has contributed next to nothing on the pitch this season so it's not like we're losing a regular player . It's time to get as much as possible for him and hope he has a miserable time in a season long relegation battle. He is clearly holding the club to ransom so he can sod off as far as I'm concerned.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agreed if his head hasnt been turned and it affect his attitude.

It won't affect his attitude. Dale Stephens is not like that in the slightest. If he is still here after the deadline, he will probably sign a new contract and maybe get a clause in it that if we don't go up then he can leave if someone makes us a decent offer for him.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Burnley, Stephens and his scummy agent have had a massively negative influence on the club. Stephens has contributed next to nothing on the pitch this season so it's not like we're losing a regular player . It's time to get as much as possible for him and hope he has a miserable time in a season long relegation battle. He is clearly holding the club to ransom so he can sod off as far as I'm concerned.

My sentiments exactly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It won't affect his attitude. Dale Stephens is not like that in the slightest. If he is still here after the deadline, he will probably sign a new contract and maybe get a clause in it that if we don't go up then he can leave if someone makes us a decent offer for him.
As I wouldn't expect him to sign a new contract, I like the last part - makes sense. He gets the security of knowing he'll be paid even if he's injured, while knowing he can go to another club if he wants to. We get him for this important year, and don't lose out on transfer fee. It's win win surely?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Best outcome we can hope for. Fingers are crossed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My sentiments exactly.
What a load of crap.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
he will probably sign a new contract and maybe get a clause in it that if we don't go up then he can leave if someone makes us a decent offer for him.
Can you go and sort that contract out quickly please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here