Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is true. I personally know of FOUR people (all female btw, but that's a side issue) who never went to football before the Amex was built. All four of them attended their first games not by buying tickets but borrowing someone else's ST. All four have been back many times, and one is now a STH!

I guess we must now be at the level of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc where we don't need to encourage new fans.

That's great. An unofficial arrangement amongst friends that is no-one else's business. I would imagine though that they didn't come on to NSC to talk about it....therein lies the difference.
A bit like going in the home end as an away fan. As long as head is kept down and no fuss made it's not an issue. Very different from the people who have done this in the past and come on to NSC to show off and actually posted their seat numbers.....(not aimed at you btw as I have no memory of which posters I'm talking about).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not right. It's fans getting together to discuss a safe and easy way of passing on their STs when they can't get to games and then a member of the senior management team steaming into the thread to tell us that the club will close this avenue because they don't trust us and they don't like it. And if we try then the club will punish the fans.

No discussion, no moment taken for reflection, no reaching out to fans to hear suggestions, no explanation as to why the club have had over 5 years to come up with some sort of ticket exchange and failed. That's not access to the upper echelons, it's just a way for the club to carry on treating us as if we're trying to rob the club or bring it down.

See also that ridiculously heavy-handed letter telling us that we must uphold the honour of the club at all times. Christ on a bike, that's not dialogue, it's a headmaster addressing a school assembly.

Fair enough.

My point is at least you know where, when, why and from whom this latest decree has come from, and crucially you can reply directly to him/her.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fair enough.

My point is at least you know where, when, why and from whom this latest decree has come from, and crucially you can reply directly to him/her.

Once again you're wrong. Insider came into this thread, delivered his verdict and has now left. You and I both know they are reading this right now and will be monitoring it until it's slid onto page 2. Numerous people have asked Insider lots of questions but having delivered his little bomb he seems quite happy to stay aloof and way from the discussion.

I don't think it unreasonable that having posted in this thread that he now take the time to answer the questions arising from his post also in this thread. It's just common courtesy isn't it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair enough.

Do you ever stop to wonder why you find yourself having to start every other post "My point is...". It's because your tiresome, often pompous above-it-all nonsense is usually poorly thought through. So much so that you then end up back tracking and telling everyone that your point is something completely different from your embarrassing original post and is usually one that has already been made about 50 times already.

Do you ever stop to wonder why you find yourself having to start every other post "My point is...". It's because your tiresome, often pompous above-it-all nonsense is usually poorly thought through. So much so that you then end up back tracking and telling everyone that your point is something completely different from your embarrassing original post and is usually one that has already been made about 50 times already.

This.

Once again you're wrong. Insider came into this thread, delivered his verdict and has now left. You and I both know they are reading this right now and will be monitoring it until it's slid onto page 2. Numerous people have asked Insider lots of questions but having delivered his little bomb he seems quite happy to stay aloof and way from the discussion.

I don't think it unreasonable that having posted in this thread that he now take the time to answer the questions arising from his post also in this thread. It's just common courtesy isn't it?

Judging by his contributions to Ask the Club we may, just may, get a "I will pass your comments along" post in a few days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm wrong, yet I 100% agree with you.

Insider should and needs to come back, I wonder how many PM's they have received.
I'm sure this won't be the last we'll hear on this issue, from the club.
Maybe those that make such decisions are just having a pause for thought.

Who knows he might come back with an apology and a cracking plan for spare ticket distribution.
Naturally we could get silence and 'screw you', I'm not that naive.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Insider should and needs to come back, I wonder how many PM's they have received.

Who knows he might come back with an apology and a cracking plan for spare ticket distribution.

Yeah.........but what's your point?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
See also that ridiculously heavy-handed letter telling us that we must uphold the honour of the club at all times. Christ on a bike, that's not dialogue, it's a headmaster addressing a school assembly.

That's Paul Barber's standard M.O. It was fairly much absent last season. Christ knows why it's back when last season was so successful and this one is shaping up to be even better. This thread couldn't be less #together if it tried.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree with this. Very odd to jump on the forum with a sledgehammer to crack a nut rubbish piece of policy on the hoof, then disappear again despite loads of additional comments questions about said new 'policy'. Strange way to operate, particularly as the policy will only reach a % of NSC users which in turn must be a tiny % of STHs until something official goes out. #togethermyarse

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, I think we can all agree this has gone rather well...

BHA Public Relations Dept. :shootself

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We've got a PR department ??

To be fair, I think the way the club has communicated over the past few years has been pretty good - far better than most clubs. After the Shoreham air crash for example - when there was a sense of shock and disbelief and communities were looking for an institution to play a leadership role - the club did an outstanding job. They didn't have to but they did, and I think we were all proud of how our club responded. In fact they pitched it perfectly in every respect.

But this? This is just a complete balls up.

How can they get the big stuff so right but the small stuff so very, very wrong? Still, I'm sure an apology and clarification will go a long way to putting it right. After all, we all make mistakes and errors of judgement.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be fair, I think the way the club has communicated over the past few years has been pretty good - far better than most clubs. After the Shoreham air crash for example - when there was a sense of shock and disbelief and communities were looking for an institution to play a leadership role - the club did an outstanding job. They didn't have to but they did, and I think we were all proud of how our club responded. In fact they pitched it perfectly in every respect.

How can they get the big stuff so right but the small stuff so very, very wrong? Still, I'm sure an apology and clarification will go a long way to putting it right. After all, we all make mistakes and errors of judgement.
Ha! Don't hold your breath.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don't disagree with your first para - it was impeccable. As for this, it's shambolic - can't believe it's been properly considered at the top level.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just looked at insider's profile on NSC. One of the items that caught my eye is:

"insider has not made any friends yet"

Can't argue with that.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

You were implying when you didnt go you gave away two seats, and when you went,it implied you were on your own, hence you were using two seats just for yourself.
It was supposed to be a one liner but it not funny when you have to explain it :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Those expressing surprise that the club viewing this board amaze me. It's a forum full of their customers expressing their views. It's instant feedback on their performance, why wouldn't they view it.

Many companies, some large, some small, pay individuals to post on forums like this with a brief of either reflecting that company in a positive light or to obtain more information than they would otherwise get.

I am not saying that this is the case with BHAFC but it really wouldn't surprise me if unknown to others club employees or consultants working for the club view and post on this forum. It would be very standard practice for a company of a certain size. Cheap marketing and cheap research. However they may well not take it this far.

Paul Barber does however definitely view this forum regularly as surely we would expect him to?

I once made a negative comment about Sainsbury on here and got a message from their marketing team via PM :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here