Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in the market for another Striker

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It was still preferable to the 'lump it up to the big man' approach of the Amex's 2 visitors, so far.

When it was looking good, esp last season, I left a few games thinking 'blimey we're gonna stuff the next team we play'.
At that point the team seemed to regress back to square one again.

If Sami can push this team on, I might finally get my wish, just a year or 3 later.

I should think you mean the games against Bolton and Leicester, SB, when we certainly did look good. Guess who was leading the line during that period. Yes, Mr A.Barnes, as Leo was injured. I would add Wigan away, where despite not creating many chances we were in total control. Which makes it all the more weird that Oscar vetoed the very players who could have kept it going, Mason and Conway. Then, of course we had the Grabban saga. I wish the club had pushed the boat out to get him, but there we are. Perhaps Bournemouth did pay him a mint.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I should think you mean the games against Bolton and Leicester, SB, when we certainly did look good. Guess who was leading the line during that period. Yes, Mr A.Barnes, as Leo was injured. I would add Wigan away, where despite not creating many chances we were in total control. Which makes it all the more weird that Oscar vetoed the very players who could have kept it going, Mason and Conway. Then, of course we had the Grabban saga. I wish the club had pushed the boat out to get him, but there we are. Perhaps Bournemouth did pay him a mint.
I have absolutely no idea, is it Tuesday or Wednesday today. :lol:

It's something that's well worth remembering as history is being rewritten about Oscar's play off reaching reign as Albion manager.
I do definitely remember thinking and saying 'finally they get it', on more than one occasion.
Only to be let down the very next game.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A friend in the know has told me we are after a Swedish striker called Sven Vesta. Understand Sami has seen him light up the pitch in an international U21 match against Finland and thinks he has a bright future.

No, please don't sign him, he's a hot head, although matchless on his day he suffers from burnout

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A friend in the know has told me we are after a Swedish striker called Sven Vesta. Understand Sami has seen him light up the pitch in an international U21 match against Finland and thinks he has a bright future.

Sounds like just what we need to ignite our promotion push.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
You are missing the point TB listened to Gus and acted accordingly what I said is it would cost £2m now to bring back GM and rectify the mistake of letting him go for nothing.

To obtain a new No 9, Murray would seem the best option available to us.

A 30 year old just coming back from an ACL for what £2m? I'd struggle to think of a much worse one at this point...

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Baldock? Could there be movement today?

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here