Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
The more reports I read the more I think we are attempting to get Gomez signed on a permanent deal rather than a loan. Did CH state it was a loan attempt?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The more reports I read the more I think we are attempting to get Gomez signed on a permanent deal rather than a loan. Did CH state it was a loan attempt?

Unfortunately, it seems to be a loan deal with conditions. I was hoping it would be a permanent transfer without a buy back clause.

It might all be dependent on Liverpool signing players that make him surplus to requirements. Even then it is less than certain as other clubs may wish to sign him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gomez_(footballer)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately, it seems to be a loan deal with conditions. I was hoping it would be a permanent transfer without a buy back clause.

It might all be dependent on Liverpool signing players that make him surplus to requirements. Even then it is less than certain as other clubs may wish to sign him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gomez_(footballer)

Permanent transfer with a buy back clause would be f******** brilliant - a slightly cheaper price, and space freed up for other top class loanees.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not understand the clamour for Gomez as my logic is if he isnt ready and and good enough for the Premier for Liverpool why should we think he is for us as we are both going to be playing in the same division against the same opposition. Is he step up on what we have?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do not understand the clamour for Gomez as my logic is if he isnt ready and and good enough for the Premier for Liverpool why should we think he is for us as we are both going to be playing in the same division against the same opposition. Is he step up on what we have?[/QUOTE

Is this a wind up ? Just because he is not deemed ready to start for Liverpool he is not good enough for us ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I do not understand the clamour for Gomez as my logic is if he isnt ready and and good enough for the Premier for Liverpool why should we think he is for us as we are both going to be playing in the same division against the same opposition. Is he step up on what we have?

He was a starter for Liverpool until his ACL injury.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We're not really competing against Liverpool though are we. We're competing against the other likely bottom half teams to avoid being bottom three. Gomez has huge potential and Liverpool expect him to make it, but he's been out with a long injury and needs game time to develop - not something that can be accommodated in a team that will be aiming to be challenging for the title.

I'd be delighted if we had Gomez and Tomori on loan.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I do not understand the clamour for Gomez as my logic is if he isnt ready and and good enough for the Premier for Liverpool why should we think he is for us as we are both going to be playing in the same division against the same opposition. Is he step up on what we have?[/QUOTE

Is this a wind up ? Just because he is not deemed ready to start for Liverpool he is not good enough for us ?

This... BG must be on something...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just taken a glance at some of the paper talk. Suggests that Klopp wants to take a look at Gomez pre-season so is knocking back any loan deals at the moment. In other news, Arsenal want £8m for Kieran Gibbs which sounds reasonable to me. Newcastle apparently looking at Joe Hart. I just don't understand how they know he's available as I haven't been aware of Albion showing any interest!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You lot dont understand do you? Liverpool are playing in the same league against the sanme opposition so if he isnt good enough to face them for Liverpool hiow is he good ernough to play against them for us, for everybody to be gushing over him? If, which I expect, he is better than we have then Yes go for him but dont lets get carried away and go into eraptures either way.if we do or dont sign him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You lot dont understand do you? Liverpool are playing in the same league against the sanme opposition so if he isnt good enough to face them for Liverpool hiow is he good ernough to play against them for us, for everybody to be gushing over him? If, which I expect, he is better than we have then Yes go for him but dont lets get carried away and go into eraptures either way.if we do or dont sign him.

Putting aside the crazy idea that if Gomez isn't good enough for Liverpool he isn't for us, you've come onto NSC and said "don't get carried away either way". Have you learned nothing BG?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

You're joking right? Liverpool are aiming for the champions league, we're aiming for anything over 18th.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

Clueless as usual....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The grandadalgorithm has started on fire today.

Keep feeding it, Bozza will be impressed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

This must be one of the most stupid posts I've ever seen on here. Are you genuinely saying if a player is not good enough for Liverpool, he's not good enough for us?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There is, indeed, a definite lack of understanding going on here.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

It's quite frankly staggering that somebody who has watched football for as long as you have can still have absolutely no f*cking idea about it. It would be genuinely impressive if it wasn't so unbelievably tragic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here