Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Pickles

May 5, 2014
:lol: just about to hit the vodka :clap2:

Just thought there wasn't enough celebration on the match thread...!

Vodka, mmmm..

I just LOVE a cracking Bloody Mary...

Lashings of Worcestershire sauce, until the red goes nearly black, tabasco, celery salt and a fresh stick of celery, fresh lime juice squeezed, .......

Have a great evening all :drool:..now,where's my banjo...:rock:,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He is on loan at Blackburn but was available during the August window and we could have signed him.

But here is the slant on that BG - Chris Hughton did not want to him.......................... So whats the point of signing someone that he wouldn't ever play

You are the left back recruiter BG. You have gone beyond your remit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chris Hughton did not want to him.......................... So whats the point of signing someone that he wouldn't ever play
I know we've been round this but I still struggle with the concept of 'nobody is better than anybody'.
Granted 'the player I want' is a bazillion times better than anybody.
But you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you find you get what you need.

Shirley for a manager that has seen and done everything, every footballer has some redeeming feature CH can work with.
I appreciate he's having to suck it up over Manu, and perhaps couldn't do that twice over.
But all the time Baldock and Kaz are so flaky the squad is only 2, possibly even only 1 injury away from serious problems.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't deserve anything from this. It's turgid and dispiriting.
I wasn't there, but 62% possession, 19 shots and 7 on target, vs 9 and 3. Listening on the radio I thought we did deserve something.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I wasn't there, but 62% possession, 19 shots and 7 on target, vs 9 and 3. Listening on the radio I thought we did deserve something.

:D Statistics do not grant us 3 points. I guess I was talking about finishing our chances. Fortunately a very nice Burton defender did his best to help us. For which I am very grateful by the way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Penalty!!!

Skalak fouled in the box.

#clench

:goal:

Burton 0 Albion 1

:clap:

GOAL!!!!! 1-0 to the Albion

Hemed :clap2: :albion: :clap2:

:goal:

Goallllllllllllllllllllllll Winning run coming ???

Never in doubt.

Money well saved by the club :lol:

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

Come on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:D Statistics do not grant us 3 points.
But that's the same as saying we never deserve to win any game we haven't won, as we haven't scored more than the opponents. Totally ignoring how well each side has played and how many shots they've had. Sure we weren't clinical, but it sounds like we were the better side, and saying 'we don't deserve anything from this' is harsh IMO.

We all know we should have brought a top striker in, the club tried to, they just couldn't get what they wanted.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
But that's the same as saying we never deserve to win any game we haven't won, as we haven't scored more than the opponents. Totally ignoring how well each side has played and how many shots they've had. Sure we weren't clinical, but it sounds like we were the better side, and saying 'we don't deserve anything from this' is harsh IMO.

We all know we should have brought a top striker in, the club tried to, they just couldn't get what they wanted.

Stop truncating my posts to make a point. Whether you are right or wrong. Thanks.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Point is come January there Is more opportunity. If we are well placed and Tony has a good hand, expect him to raise and a top guy to come in. Our current lot are well capable of getting us well placed at Christmas time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But here is the slant on that BG - Chris Hughton did not want to him.......................... So whats the point of signing someone that he wouldn't ever play

You are the left back recruiter BG. You have gone beyond your remit

I've heard our targets were a little faster and more high end than Emnes and we had the goalposts shifted on us. But even if I have heard completely wrongly Emnes has scored exactly half what our right winger has so far this season.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a celebration drink to return to :) :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here