Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Brand Urges Us To Vote Labour

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Buzzer;6919353\ and also very wrong about the thread being mainly right-wing bile. That's not me getting into any fight said:
He said ... 'The fact we are on 16 pages already of mostly right-wing bile is a great compliment to Brand ' ....Thats not me getting into any fight, just pointing out the facts.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He said 'The fact we are on 16 pages already of mostly right-wing bile is a great compliment to Brand ' ....Thats not me getting into any fight, just pointing out the facts.

Given this and your previous reply to me, I'm trying really hard not to be sarcastic here Dave so please bear with me if it sounds like I'm being patronising but page 16 is after post #100 and I already pointed out that the bile was very much in the minority at that stage. It would need 42 bile-fuelled posts in the next 53 for those type of posts to be in the majority at the point London Irish made his comment. It didn't happen.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thats terrific Buzzer. Thanks.
My point was, he didnt say the entire thread did he. Thanks for your waffle.

Eh? I've just proved to you that at that point the comment was made it wasn't true. It was also not true at the later point that Herr Tubthumper mentioned which was what I was replying to earlier and that you quoted. I'm struggling to see what's so difficult to understand about all of this if I'm honest.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Eh? I've just proved to you that at that point the comment was made it wasn't true. It was also not true at the later point that Herr Tubthumper mentioned which was what I was replying to earlier and that you quoted. I'm struggling to see what's so difficult to understand about all of this if I'm honest.

Maybe your boring style of explaining? :-D Plus im working. Plus im just poking for reaction. Ok?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well if Russell Brand has come out and told us to vote Labour that's at least one good reason to vote Conservative !
The man is a waste of air and skin . . .

He’s the most populist and opportunist leader I’ve ever known in British politics. At the last minute he turned and wretchedly set an ambush for David Cameron! Cameron after the vote stated “I get it!” - walked away - and left Miliband gaping open mouthed.

The call to Parliament was to discuss possible options in the light of the world’s horror at the use of chemical weapons against civilians and Barrack Obamas ‘red line’ dilemma. Nothing like Iraq!

As a consequence Cameron wound never trust Miliband again – the President was weakened - and the Syrians suffer their hell alone.

I haven’t voted Labour since the seventies but there are many, many individual Labour people I have respected and even admired – but not Miliband. For me his character is contemptible.

That's a bizarre account of what happened. Let me remind you what the western military wanted to do, which was to blow Assad's regime to bits. That would have handed the country over to Isis, you do get that, right? What is truly comtemptible is people with your mindset of belief that every problem in the Middle East can be solved by the west dropping bombs on it. Let's be clear - that's Cameron's only strategy - the only thing that changes is who he wants to drop the bombs on, two years ago it was Assad, a year ago it became Assad's mortal enemies, Isis.

That Ed Miliband intervened to stop this cycle of eternal western military ****wittery is greatly to his credit - in fact it remains his single most impressive achievement of his political career so far. We need a strong British leader who will stand up to US imperial arrogance. Blair sucked Bush's cock, just as Cameron has sucked Obama's. We need a leader who will not tie our country to the mad whims of US neo-conservative delusions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] left it late, with less than 24 hours to go. Bingo!

We now have all the ingredients.

:lolol:

Have to say I am impressed you've managed to make 4 posts in a row without blowing your top. I'm liking this "languidly clinical" Buzzer much more than your previous Dr Who-style regeneration :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Have to say I am impressed you've managed to make 4 posts in a row without blowing your top. I'm liking this "languidly clinical" Buzzer much more than your previous Dr Who-style regeneration :thumbsup:

And you managed to make it until your second reply to me before the ubiquitous 'blowing your top' comment. As with the claims of right-wing bile on this thread, just because you say something, doesn't mean it's true.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Are you French then? Isnt that the Knights Templers apparel? They were mostly French.

Personally no, not French, but i don't primarily identify myself by nationality.
But the paladins were French (frankish), precursors to the crusaders.

I believe the cross of St George was used by many christian 'knights'. He was born in asia minor and plied his trade in palestine.

It is probable that there were more french knights templar than any other nationality, depending on the year i doubt any single nation had the majority of their order.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's a bizarre account of what happened. Let me remind you what the western military wanted to do, which was to blow Assad's regime to bits.

no its not bizarre, you even agree with it in your second paragraph. "the west" did not want to blow Assad to bits. Obama and allies were very reluctant to do anything, against a back drop of US hawks wanting to bomb (yes their solution to everything) and cries of "do something to avoid humanitarian disaster" from another corner, they used the first excuse to not do anything. so they didn't do anything meaningful, they pandered to those calls with some minimal weapons provision and left them to it. So yes, Miliband stopped this cycle, good for him, and we've stayed out of it so its their problem. and we've learnt is if we intervene its wrong, if we dont intervene its wrong.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Personally no, not French, but i don't primarily identify myself by nationality.
But the paladins were French (frankish), precursors to the crusaders.

I believe the cross of St George was used by many christian 'knights'. He was born in asia minor and plied his trade in palestine.

It is probable that there were more french knights templar than any other nationality, depending on the year i doubt any single nation had the majority of their order.

Pretty sure ive only ever seen French names associated with them.. have a vague school memory of the English knights have a white cross on black background or vice versa.
Guess we have the thank that English King, who didnt speak English, who never visited the country haha.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not gonna happen. Seeing the way that you've been on here of late has made me realise that I don't want to be like that. I think I'll stick to the facts and leave the internet catchphrases to you and Ernest.

My point was the one,regular, item the election debate was missing was a Buzzer-Dave ding-ding. And it has happened. Anyway, it was posted without any malice so please treat it as such.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here