Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
....or Tomori.

I think Tomori is a potential purchase rather than a loan.

Abraham is still being groomed as a possible future 1st teamer, so they are not ready to sell him, but Tomori looks further away from the set-up for me. I've read a couple of pieces about how Chelsea are apparently "clearing a path" for Abraham to be a 1st teamer in a couple of years time. Never read anything similar about Tomori.

Season long loan - Abraham
Purchase - Tomori

And that would make me very happy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Tomori is a potential purchase rather than a loan.

Abraham is still being groomed as a possible future 1st teamer, so they are not ready to sell him, but Tomori looks further away from the set-up for me. I've read a couple of pieces about how Chelsea are apparently "clearing a path" for Abraham to be a 1st teamer in a couple of years time. Never read anything similar about Tomori.

Season long loan - Abraham
Purchase - Tomori

And that would make me very happy.

Yep, along with Gross arriving and Stockdale signing his new deal, that would make an excellent start to the summer transfer window.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kevin McDonald.

I thought he was a character in Corrie but he also plays defensive midfielder for Fulham.
A VFM alternative to Aaron Mooy at just £2m?
Rangers also after him

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Is it me or are us AND Newcastle always mentioned as potential destinations for these players.

It's almost like their agents are getting panicky and touting them to the new boys in the vain hope that they hadn't been paying attention.

This. It does seem as if just about anyone is being touted in the press for both teams. Presumably Udders will be in mix soon.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Kevin McDonald.

I thought he was a character in Corrie but he also plays defensive midfielder for Fulham.
A VFM alternative to Aaron Mooy at just £2m?
Rangers also after him
Does the unglamorous stuff pretty well in the Championship and provides the platform for the more technical/creative players in that Fulham side but not seen anything to suggest he'll offer us the necessary quality at a higher level.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. It does seem as if just about anyone is being touted in the press for both teams. Presumably Udders will be in mix soon.

According to my Huddersfield supporting mate, they are much more likely to be interested in signing more loan players, rather than splashing the cash on permanent signings. With the Bundesliga, somewhat understandably with the Wagner connection, being the main target.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As much as I like Tomori we don't need him, we have 4 contracted decent centre halfs already on the books. The money needs to be spent in other areas

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As much as I like Tomori we don't need him, we have 4 contracted decent centre halfs already on the books. The money needs to be spent in other areas

We did last season too - but we very suddenly found we only had two left at one time! Also, he is young enough, and fast enough, to play full back if necessary, and more important, he's yoof ............innit? Something that overall we are a bit short of in the first team.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
We did last season too - but we very suddenly found we only had two left at one time! Also, he is young enough, and fast enough, to play full back if necessary, and more important, he's yoof ............innit? Something that overall we are a bit short of in the first team.

I agree with this. Certainly our quickest defender but can also become our John O'Shea and play anywhere across the back 4. Great utility signing.

Also has an eye for goal having scored a couple of corkers this season...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope, he'd be a luxury. Don't want him unless Goldson is not going to be available.

Substitute 'in case' for 'unless', and yes we do want him. Also take into account that he may even turn out to be better than any of the four we currently have - he's only 19 and already clearly capable of holding his own.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
And today's rumour is........

Kieran Gibbs, Arsenal left back. Probable price £7m. Toon (naturally) and the Baggies ahead of us in the queue.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Substitute 'in case' for 'unless', and yes we do want him. Also take into account that he may even turn out to be better than any of the four we currently have - he's only 19 and already clearly capable of holding his own.

Nope I still don't want him unless there are long term injuries. We need players in attacking positions. I'm sure he wouldn't be cheap, the last of our worries is centre half.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And today's rumour is........

Kieran Gibbs, Arsenal left back. Probable price £7m. Toon (naturally) and the Baggies ahead of us in the queue.

Beginning to be a bit of a concern, Newcastle, like us, are trying to build their squad for the Premier League, so are after in many cases, the same players.

With their bigger budget, and all their history, they could be a much bigger draw.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Beginning to be a bit of a concern, Newcastle, like us, are trying to build their squad for the Premier League, so are after in many cases, the same players.

With their bigger budget, and all their history, they could be a much bigger draw.

Potentially less of an issue with a southern-based loanee than with a permanent transfer where the chances of a side staying up are a bigger issue. In the case of Gibbs both the other clubs are both bigger and have a greater prospect of staying up than us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here