Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Thanks for the updates so far. I'll keep a table of how many marathons/ultras each person has ran & when your next one will be. Will be helpful for motivation, advice, meet ups etc:

blockseagull: 3 - London April 2015
TotallyFreaked: 2 - London April 2015
dazzer6666: 37 - Three Forts May 2015
Steve Foster: 85 - Bewl reservoir May 2015
Greg Bobkin: 3 - Isle of Wight Oct 2015
Y Ddraig Goch: 3 - Snowdonia Oct 2015
knocky1: 3 - Brighton April 2016
Herr Tubthumper: 4 Chicago Oct 2016
Mr Blobby: 3
Richy_Seagull 4

Anyone else out there entered any marathons/ultras & if so, let me know how many you have previously done[/QUOTE]

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester
Thanks for the updates so far. I'll keep a table of how many marathons/ultras each person has ran & when your next one will be. Will be helpful for motivation, advice, meet ups etc:

blockseagull: 3 - London April 2015
TotallyFreaked: 2 - London April 2015
Mr Blobby: 3
Richy_Seagull 4

Anyone else out there entered any marathons/ultras & if so, let me know how many you have previously done
[/QUOTE]

12 marathons so far for me. The next is Bewl Water in May and then my first ultra is the Chilterns 50k in July.

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester
12 marathons so far for me. The next is Bewl Water in May and then my first ultra is the Chilterns 50k in July.

Bewl is my next marathon too. First time. Intrigued as I have ran the 15 mile race a few times. Hope on the second loop the feet don't get wet![/QUOTE]

I did it last year. Two days of rain had left it as a very muddy and energy sapping course. I hope for firmer ground this year.

Best of luck to our two London Marathoner's tomorrow. After an early 13 mile run, I'll be parking myself on the couch cheering you all the way around. London Marathon is the best one in my opinion. You'll have a great time & the weather gods look like being kind. Let us know how you do!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best of luck to our two London Marathoner's tomorrow. After an early 13 mile run, I'll be parking myself on the couch cheering you all the way around. London Marathon is the best one in my opinion. You'll have a great time & the weather gods look like being kind. Let us know how you do!

Yep, good luck. Brilliant, brilliant event, try to take in the atmosphere. Going up on to, and across, Tower Bridge is just fantastic......my favourite part of any race, ever

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011

Thanks for the support, a bit nervous but I am sure the whole occasion will be amazing. Will let you all know how it went

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Back from the London marathon, fantastic crowd with support I have not witnessed before. Finally managed to get under 4 hours (3.56.32) and I am sure partly due to the support. Tough last 5k with my Garmin being a third of a mile out. Really recommend the marathon especially if wanting a PB.

Back from the London marathon, fantastic crowd with support I have not witnessed before. Finally managed to get under 4 hours (3.56.32) and I am sure partly due to the support. Tough last 5k with my Garmin being a third of a mile out. Really recommend the marathon especially if wanting a PB.

Well done on a fab time. Was watching on the TV & envious that I wasn't running it this year. Can't be greedy done London five times. It is still the best in my opinion. Bet you are still buzzing!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A (42 year old) mate of mine ran his first marathon today, in London, in 2 hrs 55.
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] tells me that's pretty good. This chap always was quite fit!

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York

Completed my first marathon yesterday in 3.55.21 so just managed to beat my sub 4 hours target. Interestingly, my TomTom clocked me at 26.7 miles as I crossed the finish line

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great times both ! So many people want to go under 4 hours but fail to do so.......

Re the extra distance, that's quite normal, particularly in London where you tend to veer around people, go wide on corners etc. not sure if you noticed it but they paint a blue 'racing line' on the course for the elites. Following that should give you 26.2. There is also an error margin on the GPS devices that will contribute.

Whatever you do get out for at least a walk today.....will help enormously with getting over any stiffness

Thanks for the updates so far. Particularly well done to our two NSC London marathoners yesterday. Great times too.

I'll keep a table of how many marathons/ultras each person has ran & when your next one will be. Will be helpful for motivation, advice, meet ups etc:

Pembury: 6 - Three Forts May 2015
Tommy Tradlles - 12 Bewl reservoir May 2015
Richy_Seagull: 4
blockseagull: 4
TotallyFreaked: 3
Wondergull 1

Anyone else out there entered any marathons/ultras & if so, let me know how many you have previously done

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
I said after yesterday that I would never run another marathon but today is another day and I'm already thinking about it!

Happy with my time but definitely think I can go quicker - I learned a lot yesterday that would definitely help me improve next time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here