Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Blimey 550 pages.

Everybody I know has known from the moment the election was called who they were going to vote for next Thursday.

All the talk from mostly crap politicians for the past 6 weeks or so has not changed my mind one iota. They are all promising the electorate things that us, the tax payers, cannot afford.

Nikita Khrushchev: Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You call it refreshing, I call it worrying. I'm sure in the next day or so, Jeremy's handlers will get him to confirm he will use it is he had to.

The man is a dickhead. All he had to add to what he said was yes, as an absolute last resort, which is it. He has now told the world, if he is in power, Trident is not something for anyone to worry about. The whole ****ing point of it, to for other to worry about it, hence why there cannot be a nuclear war all the time there is a deterrent. He has just told the world under him the UK has no deterrent!!

Unless I was mistaken, it was a bit one of the first things he said, that he will pass a law that guarantees the rights of the EU citizens in the UK. Bravo JC, Bravo. Maybe you could have added, British living aboard.

So as I see it, he going to open his Brexit negations with, we are not going to walk away, no matter how bad a deal you give us, and we guarantee your citizens right to remain here.

Now, how much did you want from us, and what about the rights of British living in your countries.

And people are going to vote for this clown???
Trident is a US deterrent, we can't use it independently, so what's the point?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
In a nutshell, some people believe that this is an important question. Others believe that this issue is not a high priority as it is less likely than other problems (e.g. NHS funding, education, etc). These people therefore are less bothered by this question and are happy to ignore it. This may seem like madness to those who feel that security is of paramount importance (research has shown that such people are generally on the right wing of political thought). Personally, I have no interest in nuclear missiles and would sleep easily without them. If Kim Jong Un did develop a missile with sufficient range to destroy parts of this country, I can honestly say that my immediate concern would not be whether we should bomb them back or not - I think things would quickly escalate without any action on our part given that North Korea would have sent a missile over multiple airspaces between our two countries. I imagine that this may precipitate widespread multilateral military action against North Korea. Happy to hear your hypothetical thoughts, if you want to set them out?
Completely agree on North Korea, not a threat at all. Russia on the other hand , whilst not an immediate threat, I would easier at night, knowing that Russia knows if they did try any heavy handed tactics and pointed their nukes in this directions, then our nukes would be turned and primed on them. I think having Nukes and leaders (at least in public) being prepared to use them, is a safer option. Why renew Trident, if you state you won't use it?

Personally I don't think there is any other issue in this election other than Brexit. Get that wrong we are ****ed, and has Jezza has already shown his hand on that one tonight, and for that reason alone I don't want him anywhere near power. Funding anything will be a mute issue if we get screwed over in Brexit, as as JC as already stated again and again that we will get a deal, I bet the hardline in Brussels are desperate for him to win, so that they can carry out their threats of making an example of us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Boris down in Eastbourne eating a 99 yesterday didn't persuade you to vote Tory then ?

You call it refreshing, I call it worrying. I'm sure in the next day or so, Jeremy's handlers will get him to confirm he will use it is he had to.

The man is a dickhead. All he had to add to what he said was yes, as an absolute last resort, which is it. He has now told the world, if he is in power, Trident is not something for anyone to worry about. The whole ****ing point of it, to for other to worry about it, hence why there cannot be a nuclear war all the time there is a deterrent. He has just told the world under him the UK has no deterrent!!

Unless I was mistaken, it was a bit one of the first things he said, that he will pass a law that guarantees the rights of the EU citizens in the UK. Bravo JC, Bravo. Maybe you could have added, British living aboard.

So as I see it, he going to open his Brexit negations with, we are not going to walk away, no matter how bad a deal you give us, and we guarantee your citizens right to remain here.

Now, how much did you want from us, and what about the rights of British living in your countries.

she of coarse would press the red button..............................thats if she could find it

will someone please tell me in what circumstances would we attack another state with nuclear missiles when we have ourselves have not been attacked

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
What would happen if some country deployed space weapons that had...

f19cda1fbbf7b65182fb4761e2eb845fd9dbf59d4dfc7466a148ba6d1aa164ab.jpg

It's an interesting question, one that I fully intend to respond to tomorrow - my flurry of posts this evening had given me "iPhone finger": I can feel the tendons in my finger tightening up in an uncomfortable way. I'm hoping this will clear by mid morning.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
It's an interesting question, one that I fully intend to respond to tomorrow - my flurry of posts this evening had given me "iPhone finger": I can feel the tendons in my finger tightening up in an uncomfortable way. I'm hoping this will clear by mid morning.

:lolol::cheers:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
she of coarse would press the red button..............................thats if she could find it

will someone please tell me in what circumstances would we attack another state with nuclear missiles when we have ourselves have not been attacked
We wouldn't. That's the whole point. But then no one would attack us if they knew that we would retaliate. JC was pushed on it, and would not confirm that he would. Surely that is the whole point of a nuclear deterrent. To deter!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003

He may not have said it tonight, but he reiterated on the Sky/C5 debate and the Leaders debate the other night that he would want the rights of British citizens living abroad protected as well as EU citizens in this country.

As to Nuclear weapons. The 200 odd that we have, which are largely maintained by the US anyway, are a fart in the thunderstorm compared to the 8000 odd the US and Russians have each. Whilst it gives us a chance to have our snout in the political trough at the top table, if we're actually expecting out PM to push the button as all these daft theoretical questions Corbyn gets asked suggest then things are so beyond ****ed that we're all dead and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm sure Putin will have his squad in place for next Friday....

Strewth. Like it's a consideration. Do you think the Nordic nations spend their nights looking skywards ?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He may not have said it tonight, but he reiterated on the Sky/C5 debate and the Leaders debate the other night that he would want the rights of British citizens living abroad protected as well as EU citizens in this country..
Maybe he should have dropped that in tonight then, because (am I may be wrong) he stated the first thing he would do is guarantee the rights of EU's living here. Surely that's something to keep for the negotiating table isn't it? Especially when the people you are talking with have hinted they want to punish your country.
Maybe he should have said, the first thing I will negotiate is EU citizens remaining here, in return for British citizens remain in EU countries. But he didn't say that did he?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He may not have said it tonight, but he reiterated on the Sky/C5 debate and the Leaders debate the other night that he would want the rights of British citizens living abroad protected as well as EU citizens in this country.

As to Nuclear weapons. The 200 odd that we have, which are largely maintained by the US anyway, are a fart in the thunderstorm compared to the 8000 odd the US and Russians have each. Whilst it gives us a chance to have our snout in the political trough at the top table, if we're actually expecting out PM to push the button as all these daft theoretical questions Corbyn gets asked suggest then things are so beyond ****ed that we're all dead and it wouldn't matter anyway.

is the correct answer

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Completely agree on North Korea, not a threat at all. Russia on the other hand , whilst not an immediate threat, I would easier at night, knowing that Russia knows if they did try any heavy handed tactics and pointed their nukes in this directions, then our nukes would be turned and primed on them. I think having Nukes and leaders (at least in public) being prepared to use them, is a safer option. Why renew Trident, if you state you won't use it?

Personally I don't think there is any other issue in this election other than Brexit. Get that wrong we are ****ed, and has Jezza has already shown his hand on that one tonight, and for that reason alone I don't want him anywhere near power. Funding anything will be a mute issue if we get screwed over in Brexit, as as JC as already stated again and again that we will get a deal, I bet the hardline in Brussels are desperate for him to win, so that they can carry out their threats of making an example of us.

I agree that if JC would never use Trident, why have it - complete waste of money if it's not acting as a deterrent. However, as members of NATO, I'm not convinced that we need to own nuclear warheads ourselves, although we'd have to pay for the right to be protected somehow. If I did have a worry, it'd be that Trump would be happy to stand by whilst Putin did what he liked in Europe. If this was more likely to happen, I think there would be more of a case for a deterrent, but I really think we'd be completely up the creek by that point, unless our good friends in the EU come to our aid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here