Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kate Bush - General Excitement Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I watched that documentary with interest. I never really appreciated how well respected she was by other artists and just how prolific a writer she was at such a young age. I've never been a huge fan but after watching that my admiration for her work has gone up significantly. If you are lucky enough to be going, enjoy!

Same here. I plan to invest some time and money in her back-catalogue shortly.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I hope you will be suprised. It will be an older muso crowd so hopefully respectful. I saw PJ Harvey some time ago and she attracts a more mature punter and I did not see a single phone out and the crowd was silent during the more delicate moments.

Fingers crossed. The phones I can take, the chat I'd be less chilled out about.

I can see myself uttering the "I haven't paid £80 to come and listen to you chat." classic.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a long shot but I would pay £ 400-£ 500 for a pair of tickets if anyone cannot go / wants to sell. Worth a try

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
2 September, so one week into the run. The set/performance/installation/event, whatever it turns out to be, will have been analysed and reported to death. There must have been a dozen articles in the papers over the past few days alone on the divine Kate, her music, her influence etc, not to mention the excellent BBC doc.

What I am expecting is something out of the ordinary. Beyond that, no idea.

Never been so excited about a concert in my life tbh, and I saw my first concert at the Dome in 1971....
She is/was an enigma for sure,....... this little clip always made me chuckle......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can see myself uttering the "I haven't paid £80 to come and listen to you chat." classic.

A similar line was shouted at John Cooper Clarke (as opposed to the crowd) at the Dome last year by some sour old bloke in the fourth row: "Do some poetry, I didn't come to listen to you chatting!" Classic exchange between JCC and bloke followed, with victory going to JCC.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I went to see Deerhunter at the Shepherds Bush in 2011. While enchanted by 'Helicopter' two rows from the stage I was dragged back to earth, like Buffy from heaven, by some stupid bint right behind me shouting to her mate ISNT HE THIN!??!! OMG I WOULDNT GO OUT IF I WAS THAT THIN. I'm not sure what face I pulled but it scared them. They moved on. God I hate people.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I was recently at the Thekla in Bristol seeing Everlast on his Acoustic tour,..... he stopped mid track and really slagged off two girls chatting away,.... they promptly removed them selves,.... see ya!.. we all went.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Big rumour that David Bowie might appear on stage with her at some time tonight

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Sadly think she'll have reverted to being a basket-case and will have cancelled long before then :down:

Oh, really, that is what she is, is she? Perhaps she has just preferred to have a career on her own terms, plus a family life. I have no doubt you would post something equally moronic about more flamboyant performers who are always in the public eye.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All sounds pretty spectacular from the reviews, although she missed out many of her big 70s/80s hits apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here