Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** off Warnock

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They played this way in the home game and it's the way Colin sets up, so was safe to assume that it was going to happen. Just don't agree with your statement that it ruined the game for you as we still won.

You obviously haven't read this thread, I don't have an exclusive feeling of being cheated.

Look Colin you t'wat!!

vCardiffStats.png

The only reason we don't want to 'play' your shower of shit every week or any season is because you are anti football!!!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
We'd have wasted time from the first minute? Do you go the the Amex? Just wondering like.
Obviously when we've taken the lead. Every team does it, we did it with Ankergren back in Withdean days and we will continue to do it with Stockdale now.
The thing that gets me is the 'the ref moans at Stockdale but not their GK' comments. He ran half the length of the pitch to have a word with their GK but people seem to miss that. I will agree that they took the piss at times but if the officials allow you to, you're gonna do it. And I can't see how anyone thought their game plan was gonna be any different.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Obviously when we've taken the lead. Every team does it, we did it with Ankergren back in Withdean days and we will continue to do it with Stockdale now.
The thing that gets me is the 'the ref moans at Stockdale but not their GK' comments. He ran half the length of the pitch to have a word with their GK but people seem to miss that. I will agree that they took the piss at times but if the officials allow you to, you're gonna do it. And I can't see how anyone thought their game plan was gonna be any different.

But we would NOT employ these tactics from the first minute home or away... please read the thread.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of short memories here. Remember how dire and defensive we were in Hughton's first six months? We had a run of scoring one goal in about six games and that was an own goal thanks to Blackburn. Survival was the only aim of the game then and that is the boat Cardiff are in now. See also an entire two seasons under Mark McGhee including the quite brilliant sight of Mark McCammon heading to the corner after 35 minutes at home to Sunderland.

I look forward to all those decrying Cardiff and Warnock for their negative football doing the same to Hughton and us when we are doing the exact same away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City et all next season

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Read a few comment's on the Cardiff forum and they seem to think they were good and deserved at least a point,they were ********* woeful! Sit back,waste time,dive and then hope to get a last minute goal,utter ****

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
But we would NOT employ these tactics from the first minute home or away... please read the thread.
We bloody have in the past, when we were the lesser team. Just because now we're doing well I can't see why we'd expect every team to come here and play free flowing attacking football and not time wasting. I don't really understand why you think teams like Cardiff with their manager would play any other way than the way he played tonight.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Lots of short memories here. Remember how dire and defensive we were in Hughton's first six months? We had a run of scoring one goal in about six games and that was an own goal thanks to Blackburn. Survival was the only aim of the game then and that is the boat Cardiff are in now. See also an entire two seasons under Mark McGhee including the quite brilliant sight of Mark McCammon heading to the corner after 35 minutes at home to Sunderland.

I look forward to all those decrying Cardiff and Warnock for their negative football doing the same to Hughton and us when we are doing the exact same away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City et all next season
Scotty Mac, the voice of reason.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We bloody have in the past, when we were the lesser team. Just because now we're doing well I can't see why we'd expect every team to come here and play free flowing attacking football and not time wasting. I don't really understand why you think teams like Cardiff with their manager would play any other way than the way he played tonight.

Let's agree to disagree. I'm bored now.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I saw us do it - ironically away against Cardiff - on a Tuesday night only a month or two into Hughton's reign. We managed zero shots on target that night and it was comfortably the most bored I have ever been at a game of football. The trip was only saved by a quite spectacular night out after with a bunch of student nurses

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a fantastic 3 points. We'd never have got a win like this a few years ago on a cold Tuesday evening against Cardiff or any other Warnock side. Despite this, I am still angry at the referee, Cardiff team and manager. I should be going to bed happy with a win but I can't.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't see the problem with Cardiff's tactics, there is nothing in the laws of the game that you must play attacking football and play at a high tempo.

Everyone who was at the away fixture knew what there tactics would be and that obviously includes CH. Even if we had got an early goal, Cardiff may well have continued with the time wasting with men behind the ball to keep themselves in the game until a push for an equaliser late on.

I'm sure that we will do the same in future games, certainly next season if we go up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You obviously haven't read this thread, I don't have an exclusive feeling of being cheated.

Look Colin you t'wat!!

View attachment 81508

The only reason we don't want to 'play' your shower of shit every week or any season is because you are anti football!!!

Any stats for number of throws? They seemed to spend half the match doing those. And the other half doing goal kicks.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But when we did it at 1-0 the fans loved it. Can't moan when others do it if we're gonna do it as well.

Not sure what point you're making. I said to that extent, it shouldn't have been allowed to continue and stroud did not control it at all. Not so much their GK (had a chat with him THREE times and nothing) but more their throw-in exchanges.

Obviously that was their best chance of getting a result that's not exactly being disputed. Though having said that, they did look dangerous coming forward.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope Cardiff do the same to Reading on Saturday.

0 - 0 please.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said:

"I think Brighton are the best team and Newcastle have the best squad. The 12-point gap to third place means that the top two can lose four or five games and still go up.

"Chris [Hughton] will be pleased to come out of this game with a win but you want them to go up after last season. It was a travesty that they missed out then.

"We put them in a game. The atmosphere was fabulous, we know Brighton come at you but we weathered it in the first half and created chances. Jazz Richards handled Anthony Knockaert very well really but when the goal came Hemed hit it with such power."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
wonder if it was the same one who did the magnificent job in the 92nd min on Friday, rolled tghe ball about 6 inches towards the Massive player , who then had to walk 6 yards to get it- great ball boys and girls we have

There was something on Twitter about him and the lad found it and said 'I am the ballboy' and got a shed load of tweets telling him to keep up the good work - so possibly same lad :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Throw-in? You take it...
No, after you....
No no, you take it
Who me?
Yes you..
Ok, if your sure....
Yes I'm sure
Ok, I'll take it

Goalkeeper:

Free kick ? Ooh. Where from. Was it here ?
No. Look at the lino
Oh. You mean here ?
No. You need to be roughly in line with th.....
Ahh ok. Here was it ?
No. Look, try to be in line with where he's...
Oooh...gotcha. Sorry, I wasn't watching. Here then
No, wait...look, it was back there.
Oh THERE. Ahh...ok. Direct or indirect ?
*draws rifle*

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Not sure what point you're making. I said to that extent, it shouldn't have been allowed to continue and stroud did not control it at all. Not so much their GK (had a chat with him THREE times and nothing) but more their throw-in exchanges.

Obviously that was their best chance of getting a result that's not exactly being disputed. Though having said that, they did look dangerous coming forward.
I may have quoted you but it was more in reference to the rest of this thread. I agree, refs should be more strict on it and should warn once and start cautioning after that. If they don't, expect teams to do exactly as Cardiff did. They didn't seem to play much quicker when going behind though. They got a free kick on half way line and seemed to take Bamba an absolute age to decide to go up for it and then ages to actually get there.

Agree with you about then looking good going forward. Looked good in spells in both half but our quality shone through.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Time wasting and diving... get it sorted it's spoiling the game I love

No wonder Cardiff's crowds are dwindling rapidly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here