Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bigger picture?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Quite often I agree with what OP has to say, and most certainly he has a better knowledge of the workings of the club than many on here. However I can't help but feel this post is controversial for controversials sake. It doesn't make any sense, financial or otherwise, and although I'm sure it's just borne out of frustration, I can't see what the intentions of the post are, other than to generate a pretty futile debate about what TB may or may not be thinking.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Get a manager in who he knows won't cut it.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Laughable & pathetic

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Hmm. To be honest that doesn't sound very sensible. It would be the equivalent of building a lovely house - and then filling it with vagrants and all sorts of other people the new owner would have to get rid of. (Worse actually as at least the vagrants wouldn't be on expensive contracts!)

Your mate might be clued up on football, but he's shit at business.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters.

Hey Lenny, watch the game in the pub did ya ? Have this little chat while watching the game did ya ? With some bloke with a failed marriage and Buisness to his credit ?

What did your mum always tell you..... don't talk to strange men.

It's just a game Bloom is going nowhere, Sami maybe and you know what the world will keep turning.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton

Bloom wants out.

Well it's not working if that's the plan. How many clubs are there where the fans sing the owners name the whole game instead of the managers (and players) as we did against Bournemouth.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Another loss, but I can still see us turning things around, good to see the strikers off the mark and before this game we only had 5 points less than we had last season so there's still time. Hyypia needs time and I think he will get it right in the end, we've not been battered by any team most have been by a 1 goal margin. UTA

I don't think that this thread is about performances on the pitch.

[MENTION=25182]gullside[/MENTION]'s post only makes sense being on this thread, for me, if it is Tony himself speaking!

:wink:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Wow, think the OP should stick to his day job. Reads more like an EastEnders story line than a real life scenario.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There is only one target the club should be looking at, if our fortunes have not turned round, and if we are not top ten by February, I confidently predict that season ticket renewals will be down by 40-50%....... so the club needs to think on, maintain the current trajectory and be in administration in 18 months, or change things now to give us the best chance of getting out of this pile of steaming dung.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can't believe that bloom not a quitter things will be sorted mistakes have been made remember bloom still new to this game so will learn from this and make things right whatever that entails.
New to what game...often saw him at the Goldstone,his whole family were Albion supporters including his uncle on the board. You're right on one thing though...he is not a quitter. This time next season we will look back on this and laugh at the negativity that has been shown.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Bloom wants out.

Can't be @rsed to read the whole thread before posting this but sounds like total tosh!
So this was 'pitched' to you - WTF does that actually mean?!
That they themselves have heard this from Bloom himself?
That they have heard it second or third hand and now us, the fan- base, fourth or fifth hand via yourself?!!
Or is it just this persons own personal thoughts on the matter that have absolutely no basis in fact?!
The answer can only be one of the above three - and without an indication of which it is any further discussion is a waste of this forums board-space!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The owners of the Worthing Herald must be loving these rubbish rumours you start on NSC to boost their circulation.
What commission are you on for the increased sales?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
New to what game...often saw him at the Goldstone,his whole family were Albion supporters including his uncle on the board. You're right on one thing though...he is not a quitter. This time next season we will look back on this and laugh at the negativity that has been shown.

Meaning owning and running a football club, yes his uncle ray was on the board years ago but tony is our leader and we have never been in better hands in my opinion including the Bamber years, tony is a supporter unlike bamber .

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Who would that be doing the pitching to you then? Sounds like some amateurish Apprentice scenario where all the little wannabes start talking bollox in the faint hope that the people they are pitching to are gullible, brainless morons.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Apart from anything on here, there was a quote from Tony recently that he could see himself as chairman for many years to come. May have been in the TB selling to the Packers season one series? Makes more sense to me.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What isn't clear is the operational costs which seems huge . Is there a breakdown of these anywhere ? I still can't see tony not getting anything back at all .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, the OP was only reporting something that someone else suggested, not endorsing that view. However, I'm also of the view that it might have been better if he'd just gone, "Yeh, right!" and moved on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here