Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at the Amex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WSU was far nosier today than usual (from WSL). North was about normal, would be much better if both halves could agree on a song. WSL was pretty silent as usual and the whole East stand must have taken a vow of silence. Charlton weren't great considering their numbers.

I know - the whole north 'we won't sing what you're singing cos we're better' thing is getting v annoying. Don't see the issue myself - meant to be all Albion ffs!

Jan 30, 2008
Watching Premiership matches so far I have thought the atmosphere at a lot of the games has been crap including Chelsea and Liverpool. Recent game at Anfield you could here the players shouting.
What do you expect, the working class game has been destroyed and has been replaced by people that seem to think its trendy to go to football these days ,absolute farce if you ask me
regards
DR

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Reading through the thread, seems like it was you that was buzzing mate. General consensus seems to be that the stadium as a whole was MEH! :shrug:

Haha. Maybe that was it. Whatever it was I had I'm going to seek it out again. Thought it was an excellent atmosphere and better than I can remember since the Burnley game of red cards

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ha ha take a look at the people sitting around you and its almost guaranteed most arent going to say boo to a goose , sad but true
regards
DR

I was unfortunate enough to sit in 1901 today as a 1 off and i can honestly say i've seen more life in a morgue. Say boo to a goose i think not. Some people behind were nattering about how Man Utd have been doing for the entire 1st half. I almost cried. Good view though

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Atmosphere was great and it probably helps that we play exciting football compared to that dross from last season.

I genuinely think this is the start of a purple patch for the Albion

We must have taken the same drugs; how do we get hold of it again?

Mar 24, 2011
Don't post often on here but the atmosphere today was pathetic, I noticed a couple of times when we had corners that there as no seagulls chant. We really need to up our game as the last couple of years have been piss poor, the north stand need to remember what we've been through to get where we are. I've been watching the Albion since 1975 and the what we've got now is brilliant but we all need to start creating an atmosphere and North stand traditionally it starts with you.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you expect, the working class game has been destroyed and has been replaced by people that seem to think its trendy to go to football these days ,absolute farce if you ask me
regards
DR

Just out of interest........... Did you go today Das? I'm only asking because I know you gave up your season ticket a couple of years ago for various reasons. Think you may have mentioned it a couple of times....... but there again I could be wrong.

Jan 30, 2008
I was unfortunate enough to sit in 1901 today as a 1 off and i can honestly say i've seen more life in a morgue. Say boo to a goose i think not. Some people behind were nattering about how Man Utd have been doing for the entire 1st half. I almost cried. Good view though
That just about sums it up mate , really pisses me off , but hey ho it's all about being seen at the right places and lets face it the club just want your money:wink:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Just out of interest........... Did you go today Das? I'm only asking because I know you gave up your season ticket a couple of years ago for various reasons. Think you may have mentioned it a couple of times....... but there again I could be wrong.

Didn't go , thought about it but worked instead
regards
DR

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That just about sums it up mate , really pisses me off , but hey ho it's all about being seen at the right places and lets face it the club just want your money:wink:
regards
DR

In all honesty the 1901 was horrible. People in suits being treated better as they have money and are willing to part with it. I know all clubs do it and its an important revenue stream but sums up football as a whole. Most the people in there did not give a dam about the game and a fair number of Chelsea fans were cheering the game on TV much louder than any noise they made in our stands.
That aside it was a 1 off. I will look forward to a return to the normal people and my normal seat. I may have to Q longer and drink out of a plastic cup but i will feel better for it.

Jan 30, 2008
In all honesty the 1901 was horrible. People in suits being treated better as they have money and are willing to part with it. I know all clubs do it and its an important revenue stream but sums up football as a whole. Most the people in there did not give a dam about the game and a fair number of Chelsea fans were cheering the game on TV much louder than any noise they made in our stands.
That aside it was a 1 off. I will look forward to a return to the normal people and my normal seat. I may have to Q longer and drink out of a plastic cup but i will feel better for it.
that's how shallow it is for those types, fair play mate:)
regards
DR

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
regards
DR

Doubt many will but carry on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the Charlton board they thought it was a 'pathetic effort' from the home support.
Mind you The Valley isn't a couldron of noise is it.
However, if it was poor today (I was not there) then what is the excuse now because we now have attacking football, lots of chances created, coming back from losing, nice crispy passing etc etc.
So whats the problem now then.

Not being funny mate... but do you give "Players Ratings" from the radio?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Das speaks a lot of sense especially on issues such as this.

Fair enough. And what did you think of the atmosphere today?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Considering the size of the crowd, the best in the Championship, the atmosphere is very poor, highlighted when you go to away games when the support is very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here