So who would you select ?

• Murphy

Votes: 102 59.0%
  • Skalak

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The answer is - it depends who and where we're playing....

As a straight player match up I prefer Murphy - said that last season & many disagreed - seemingly there's been a change in opinion then...

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Murphy is technically better(at least on current form) but Skalak is stronger and doesn't get pushed off the ball so easy. It really depends who the opposition are and what the plan is..

Murphy, runs at players, goal threat, exciting to watch. Skalak, no pace, no dribbling ability, falls over embarrassingly whenever he loses the ball, which is a lot and painful to watch. Set pieces not as reliable as hyped either

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
On his day Murphy, hands down. He has some real quality on the ball.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's also worth mentioning, (as pointed out on the Player Ratings thread), that Murphy had a hand in both of our goals, on Saturday.

No he didn't. It was Norwood who provided the through ball for Bruno not Murphy.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I would play Murphy, and then bring on Skalak in the last 25. His defending is way better than Murphy's, and his dead ball skills would provide an alternative to Knocky for the rest of the game, mix it up like. :)

I don't usually do it, but I got on Murphy's back in the second half, and I was right to do so as his lazy defending gave away the cross which ended in their equaliser. Had Skalak been there, we would have been safe.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's a pet hate of mine when people say play him for an hour then bring the other fella on...... honestly i think some have made the decisions on subs before the game starts !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Winning a (successful) penalty is ABSOLUTELY an 'assist'. Frankly its pretty much the most definite assist a player can contribute.

This always amazes me as it suggests that players actually try to get a penalty and are then criticised for diving. Surely they would rather get through to the goal without being fouled. The penalty is a consequence of being illegally stopped from getting to the goal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This always amazes me as it suggests that players actually try to get a penalty and are then criticised for diving. Surely they would rather get through to the goal without being fouled. The penalty is a consequence of being illegally stopped from getting to the goal.

That's an entirely different argument, BG.

What we're discussing is whether a player who has won a penalty, should be given credit for creating a goal. If by timing their run / dribbling past someone in the box / getting goal-side of their marker, they get brought down, then clearly they should be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a pet hate of mine when people say play him for an hour then bring the other fella on...... honestly i think some have made the decisions on subs before the game starts !

I agree. Tactics change minute by minute with little battles all over the field.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
That's an entirely different argument, BG.

What we're discussing is whether a player who has won a penalty, should be given credit for creating a goal. If by timing their run / dribbling past someone in the box / getting goal-side of their marker, they get brought down, then clearly they should be.

I'm not disagreeing with what you think, i agree it SHOULD be an assist but it's NOT counted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here