Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading efl tickets

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sadly, no coach and SASTA mean that it will take a big draw for me to go to a League Cup game this season. Never thought I would see the day I would willingly miss a first team game but I missed Colchester and will miss this. At least Seagulls Travel seem to have toned down the hyperbole this time as that peed me off for the Colchester game. One coach currently bookable on their site although the numbering suggests they are running two. Reduced service - I should coco.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seeing as no one is actually going to this, there must be plenty of free parking within walking distance of the Amex ? ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Seeing as no one is actually going to this, there must be plenty of free parking within walking distance of the Amex ? ???

I guess it depends how far you are willing to walk, but I would expect it is still classed as a match day by the parking nazis.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Silly question I suppose but will it be possible to watch the penalty shoot out ( if there is one ) and get a SASTA train back to Brighton ? ???

Assuming a shootout would be wrapped up by 10.20, there's trains at 10.22, 10.35, 10.40, 11.03 and 11.35 according to the timetable. Whether the timetable holds out or not is a different matter.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What sort of an audience are the anticipating for this one?? It's been very attractively priced so surely 15,000+??

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What sort of an audience are the anticipating for this one?? It's been very attractively priced so surely 15,000+??
Brighton reserves v Reading reserves? Optimist by nature, I guess.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hard to tell looking at the buy ticket section as it's showing east and west lower only , the wing sections say sold out but with tickets still available for the middle sections i reckon they are not even selling the wings e.g W1A ect yet due to lack of demand , 8k perhaps

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hard to tell looking at the buy ticket section as it's showing east and west lower only , the wing sections say sold out but with tickets still available for the middle sections i reckon they are not even selling the wings e.g W1A ect yet due to lack of demand

This, exactly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am guessing this is such a low interest game they are releasing areas one at a time.

Maybe the opposite is true. Maybe interest is low because people want to sit in their own seat. Or at least in their own stand. I'd be going tomorrow night if the North was open. I'm sure the same is true of many STHs, in all those areas of the ground that aren't opening. Oh well, club's loss. Maybe next round...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hard to tell looking at the buy ticket section as it's showing east and west lower only , the wing sections say sold out but with tickets still available for the middle sections i reckon they are not even selling the wings e.g W1A ect yet due to lack of demand , 8k perhaps
About right. 6-8K I would have thought. Spectacularly unattractive fixture and travel hassles to boot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is the albion matchday parking £12 for this one ? ???

No Park and Ride, I guess ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Desperately dissapointing if only 6-8k are bothering to turn up. No doubt if we go through and pull out Man U at home in the next round all those missing out will be desperate to get thier hands on a ticket.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Desperately dissapointing if only 6-8k are bothering to turn up. No doubt if we go through and pull out Man U at home in the next round all those missing out will be desperate to get thier hands on a ticket.

Which is understandable as Man Utd reserves are much more an attraction than Reading Res or even Reading 1st team. Plus if it were Man U we would put out a stronger team.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Maybe the opposite is true. Maybe interest is low because people want to sit in their own seat. Or at least in their own stand. I'd be going tomorrow night if the North was open. I'm sure the same is true of many STHs, in all those areas of the ground that aren't opening. Oh well, club's loss. Maybe next round...

Really? You can pay just £12 for a good seat in E1C at the moment, but you'd rather not go because you can't sit in your own seat?? Sounds rather like more you don't want to go at all, and are looking for something to whinge about.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yikes - Matchday parking appears to be £15.

Ticket and parking now £27 :nono:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I just paid £12 for Bridge car park.
Might be my only option if I want to see a penalty shoot out. Parking about £8 at Brighton station but can SASTA actually get me back there or is it a long trudge ?

And there's the train ticket from Brighton to Falmer.

Seems like the albion parking makes sense. Ticket + parking £24. Ouch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here