Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First we take London! Labour are 7 points ahead in the Mayoral election polls

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think it was a huge mistake for the Tories to put forward Goldsmith. His surname is enough to put off voters.

Sadie Khan will win almost by default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Personally, I wouldn't want Goldsmith or Khan to be Mayor of London.
Lousy choices for the electorate.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
image.png

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Weirdly muted.

I like a good fight, but the previous Tory Poster Boy Goldsmith hasn't had a good campaign and has appeared to have freaked out. Last few weeks appear to have been led by advisers rather them himself.

Some very cheap attacks off the back of Livingstone's break down trying to reel Sadiq Khan into it. Got to do better than that.

Anyone else see his car crash Bollywood interview ?

I predict Khan by a whisker.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c1c2711a-11e2-11e6-839f-2922947098f0.html#axzz47jrah7Tk

33CC544000000578-3573178-image-a-38_1462366383574.jpg

Jesus...

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Weirdly muted.

I like a good fight, but the previous Tory Poster Boy Goldsmith hasn't had a good campaign and has appeared to have freaked out. Last few weeks appear to have been led by advisers rather them himself.

Some very cheap attacks off the back of Livingstone's break down trying to reel Sadiq Khan into it. Got to do better than that.

Anyone else see his car crash Bollywood interview ?

I predict Khan by a whisker.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c1c2711a-11e2-11e6-839f-2922947098f0.html#axzz47jrah7Tk

33CC544000000578-3573178-image-a-38_1462366383574.jpg

Jesus...

ZG has some good eco/green idea's and by all accounts is a good MP in his constituency, but for me, this 'Gani' smear campaign has sunk him.
For Cameron to actually name and 'shame' Gani in Parliament, and ZG to blindly follow this smear line, even when ZG/Conservatives have actually been on same stage, had a 'selfie' and even asked Gani and his friends to be on stage promoting the Tories, as recently as last November is ludicrous.
And the Bollywood thing... really, what a twonk :lolol:

Go Khan, with second vote to Cannabis is safer than Alcohol':smokin:

D

Deleted member 22389

None of their plans for affordable housing will get off the ground. If they want affordable then we need the housing market to crash, if they want enough properties to be available in the future then we need to control the numbers of people that come to this country, so in the end there are more properties than people, forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's like choosing between being punched in the face or kicked in the balls.

You can earn good money being punched in the face and some people pay a fortune to be kicked in the balls in some establishments(or so i have been informed) .......funny old world :shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes , makes much more sense to vote for this ''moderate'' muslim

Take a look at the article below and see who this ''moderate'' has shared a platform with

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayo...rm-with-five-islamic-extremists-a3231436.html

You know what's really troubling, if this party ever gets elected to run this country again, they might have people in positions of power who will only serve their community and their religion, and not the community as a whole. This also means more things will be swept underneath the carpet in the name of political correctness.

Even worse if they elect someone who has more hardline, conservative views of their religion, we just don't know what will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
None of their plans for affordable housing will get off the ground. If they want affordable then we need the housing market to crash, if they want enough properties to be available in the future then we need to control the numbers of people that come to this country, so in the end there are more properties than people, forget it.

this bloke confronts Khan and corbyn over london housing policy
its only worth watching as it looks like Corbyn was close to smacking him one at 02:40

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Personally, I wouldn't want Goldsmith or Khan to be Mayor of London.
Lousy choices for the electorate.

Sad isn't it, that these two are the best we can find to serve London and the country in this crucial capacity?

It's not just us though, God only knows what the USA has done to deserve Trump and Clinton :nono:

D

Deleted member 22389

its only worth watching as it looks like Corbyn was close to smacking him one at 02:40

Quite moody there isn't he lol. He doesn't look too comfortable, seems like he wants to get out of the rat race back to his country mansion.
Nobody will do them any favours on cheap housing, it's a waste of time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You know what's really troubling, if this party ever gets elected to run this country again, they might have people in positions of power who will only serve their community and their religion, and not the community as a whole. This also means more things will be swept underneath the carpet in the name of political correctness.

Even worse if they elect someone who has more hardline, conservative views of their religion, we just don't know what will happen.
spot on mate , and watch all the free thinking liberals on here start to squeal if they do.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Astonishing the way this ''principled'' politician who according to some on here has run a ''good campaign'' blatantly refuses to answer a difficult question.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Astonishing the way this ''principled'' politician who according to some on here has run a ''good campaign'' blatantly refuses to answer a difficult question.

You find a modern politician refusing to answer a difficult question astonishing? You must spend a lot of your time astonished.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hate the way all politicians dodge direct questions, but Corbyn takes it to another level by just getting grumpy and flustered. If he's the best that Labour have got to offer, they're screwed.

for a good orator, he really doesn't like doing so in front of news camera. not really cut out for 21st century politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here