Avril Lavigne? Babe, talented or neither?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avril Lavigne - babe, quality or neither

• Babe & like her music

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Babe & but her music is naff

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Class act, but don't fancy her

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Sounds awful, looks worse

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Babe & like her music
Babe but her music is naff
Great music, but don't fancy her
Looks dreadful, sounds worse

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Personally, I like her stuff, AND fancy her, but feel like a dirty old man 'coz she looks about 15.

Is that just a sign of me growing old??

avril_lavigne047.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Manufactured agnst and a ton of makeup.

Grim.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Although wierd and moody she's still rather fit. Doubt i'd want to date her though, too wierd, and acts more like a man than a girl (judged upon watching Avril Lavignes diary on MTV). Her music's ok tho, "Skater Boi" :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Talented if you like that sort of thing but to a large degree manufactured. I quite like but I'm not a fanatic. Don't fancy as I'm nearly old enough to be her grandfather.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i doubt she's moody really, its just an act, and why would anyone want to act moody.
not as bad as people who act depressed when they arent to be kool, now that really pisses me off.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Songs are good. I think she is very fit with nice tits. Put her in a little black dress and she would be stunning! :p

Her album 'Let Go' is class, would thoroughly recommend it. Many of the tracks are much better than the ones she's released.

Would disagree with some of the manufactured jibes. She has written (not co-written, there's a big difference) a lot of the songs and some of the lyrics, though not earth-moving stuff, are pretty good.

Wouldn't touch her with Gunter's though.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
I lke most of the album, particularly the stuff that hasn't come out as singles but she's not my type really.

Saw her at Brixton Academy a while back and she was a bit up her arse for my liking too.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Safeway Seagull said:

Wouldn't touch her with Gunter's though.

Safeway, you trying to dispell the rumours about you chasing after young girls. I'd have though she would have been right up your alley - so to speak.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
AlbionFan said:
Gritt you should know better, she's half your age.

Not far off it. But by that logic, when i reach 40, am I no longer allowed to fancy 20 years olds???

Please, no it cannot be.

:shootself

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
rubbish on all accounts, I saw a proggy on Mtv where she murdered a Metallica song live, dreadfull voice and NO stage presence !!!

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
It's a funny thing age, when I was 15 the though of fancying someone that was past 25 filled me with disgust (except if it was my French teacher), but the older I get the more people I seem to fancy. I still like the 17+'s, but I am also starting to like some 35+'s. On the other hand maybe I am just desperate.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Safeway Seagull said:
Would disagree with some of the manufactured jibes. She has written (not co-written, there's a big difference) a lot of the songs and some of the lyrics, though not earth-moving stuff, are pretty good.

If you think she wrote a single melody on that album you are very, very naive indeed (leaving aside the fact that, at the time of release, she could only play one or two chords on a guitar - in private).

Sorry to shatter any illusions here but Let It Go, like most popular albums these days, was written by a team of song-writing experts.

Artists, whether it's the Spice Girls or Avril Lavigne, are often given co-credit (and significant profits) as writers whether they contributed a line to a song or a single word. If the song-writers don't agree to this, management ditches them and uses someone else. In fairness, this is nothing new (see: Elvis).

Avril may well have had some input into the themes (and a few words/lines) used on Let It Go. There's a reason for this - 40-something songwriting experts from Scandinavia (or wherever) don't necessarily know what's going on in a teenager's head! A songwriter sits down with an artist and talks about the artists' experiences and feelings - and turns them into songs.

There's probably a feature about this on the Net somewhere - it's certainly been covered in broadsheets over the years.

Anyway, artists eventually believe the hype - they believe THEY are responsible for writing the hits, not the experts - and that's when things go seriously wrong for an artist.

Simon Fuller says that the minute artists demand to write their own material, alarm bells start ringing and he ditches them. There's a reason for this: good pop stars very, very rarely write good pop songs.

The end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports