Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Glenn Murray

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Disappointed, but no longer surprised considering some of the posts on here lately. There's a few who just find it easier to be tossers than give respect. It wasn't so long ago that this stuff would have been seriously frowned on, now it's almost expected.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Maybe the majority of posters on here need a reality check.
Player leaves for more money - same as we all would if offered.
Comes back to previous stomping ground does well albeit a little lucky,doesn't celebrate,but gets booed. Why??? Typical Planks on NSC need to look at themselves and think why did I do that,why because he has earned the right to the money he is on now, something that we could not offer. Granted that if we had him we could be in a better p!lace but we are not. Get over it and vent your splene against the next team, and support the current playeros we have.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He left us for Palace after holding us to ransom and we didn't pay up.
He knew what it meant and yes I understand there is no loyalty to a player from a club etc., but there are things like Honour, Respect, Gratitude and Class that he has shown himself to be sadly lacking.

The only reason the feckless **** doesn't celebrate when he scores against us is because he's still living locally by all accounts. Watch him feck off up North and then he'll really give it the full works.

I never clapped Hammond when he came back, likewise I would never clap Harding, they like Judas displayed the same toadyish, spiteful, ungrateful traits.

Bollocks to him.

What a load of pathetic, childish nonsense.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
He knew what it meant and yes I understand there is no loyalty to a player from a club etc., but there are things like Honour, Respect, Gratitude and Class that he has shown himself to be sadly lacking.

The only reason the feckless **** doesn't celebrate when he scores against us is because he's still living locally by all accounts. Watch him feck off up North and then he'll really give it the full works.

I never clapped Hammond when he came back, likewise I would never clap Harding, they like Judas displayed the same toadyish, spiteful, ungrateful traits.

Bollocks to him.

Good will to all men......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm referring to how he conducts himself as much as anything else. After all this time, he still won't celebrate scoring against us. I'd have him back in an instant. (For his footballing abilities)

I knew you were referring to his conduct. Ulloa still lives here & comes to watch us, sitting with the fans. That's class. He went to a Premier League club, not a team in the same division or a rival. That's class.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why would I boo a player who gave such good service to the Albion, and then left due to the fact he was looking out for himself, family and his future. Sorry in my eyes he was one of our better strikers why knight was a legend and muzzy not is beyond me. Good luck Glenn

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
At the game today, I was appalled to hear boos from the crowd when Murray was mentioned on the linup. I felt it was an insult to a man who has served the club very well in the past.

I know he went to Palace, but football is a business and they were promising first team football for a strong promotion contending championship side and were (probably) paying more money than we could offer him.

I was shocked when he was booed. Even more so when he scored and the booing got louder. He made a fantastic effort of not celebrating and I thought that was amazing.

Even after scoring his second goal he kept his celebrations to a minimum. I give him a lot of credit for that. He proved a point and if that had been me I would have gone mental (particularly after being booed) and I was impressed by the way he controlled himself.

All in all I'm horrified that Brighton fans would boo him and feel bad for Murray.

(On a positive note, we didn't lose! :lolol::lolol::lolol:)

Are you for real? This is football, not soccer ball, or cricket, or rugger. Whilst I personally did not feel the need to boo or abuse Murray, let's face it he was the best player on the pitch in the first half, and even questioned the numpties near us who said he was sxxt, this is English football. Murray plays for the opposition, you know the team we are trying to beat, and football is better with a pantomime villain or two.

Appalled, shocked, horrified, really?! Or are you Palace in disguise?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Bollocks to him.

Holding us to ransom? Do you have evidence to back up this bold statement. I heard it was a very different story and the blame lies with the club not the player.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Why would I boo a player who gave such good service to the Albion, and then left due to the fact he was looking out for himself, family and his future. Sorry in my eyes he was one of our better strikers why knight was a legend and muzzy not is beyond me. Good luck Glenn

For all the reasons above I found myself getting irritated by some of the booing around me. Murray was class yesterday in both play and conduct - it's a pity there weren't a few more fans able to acknowledge it. I'd have Murray back in a heartbeat. Shame it's unlikely to happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointed, but no longer surprised considering some of the posts on here lately. There's a few who just find it easier to be tossers than give respect. It wasn't so long ago that this stuff would have been seriously frowned on, now it's almost expected.

Agree.

I applauded him off. I genuinely think he under-estimated the amount of hatred between the two clubs (had he even been part of a Brighton/Derby match during his time with us?), when he left. He's never celebrated when he scored.

Basically, got a better deal and more security for himself and for his family - why wouldn't he? What would all the people booing do?

We are at the ones at fault, we effectively released a perfectly good forward, instead of paying him a few thousand pound more, signed an inferior one for £2.5m, paying him an inflated salary in the process.

Arguably, Poyet's biggest mistake as a manager.

If we had kept Glen we may have had a season in the premiership by now I would like to see him back it might help us to survive.

This. Simple. Murray was integral to our league 1 success where he brought that different dimension to our game. It has been well documented on here in the past but it WAS a massive mistake letting him go (Poyet's ego getting in the way). Murray had just scored 30 goals in a season for us, we were promoted and moving into a highly competitive league, why should he have not asked for a new contract? He had proved himself and contributed to our fantastic performances and deserved something more. Anyone on here who disagrees with this is deluded (you go to work, contribute to your organisation's success and 'should' (probably do) get rewarded with either a bonus or a pay rise - if not, I'm sure you get p$£**ed off). He SHOULD have been offered a new contract. He never wanted to go. Do you all feel the same about Ulloa? He wanted to leave! (before anyone suggests it, Ulloa was fantastic for us and do not begrudge him moving on).

The fact is - We miss him and always have since he left. I said we will rue the day by letting him go and we have (many days of pain since).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here