Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hundreds of drug addicts outside my house...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BrO8NuIIgAAGdH0.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ok then minimal testing.

Footballers are rarely tested.
Most are not even tested once a season.

At this years Giro d'italia the full Movistar team was randomly tested one morning.
Then randomly tested again in the afternoon.
That is 18 blood and urine tests on one team in one day.
The FA don't carry that many out in a month, and if they did they would only be urine tests, which even I could manipulate.
By the way, all clean.

Football is largely decided by skill.
Cycling is decided by endurance and power.

Drugs can never enhance skill or talent.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ok then minimal testing.

Footballers are rarely tested.
Most are not even tested once a season.

At this years Giro d'italia the full Movistar team was randomly tested one morning.
Then randomly tested again in the afternoon.
That is 18 blood and urine tests on one team in one day.
The FA don't carry that many out in a month, and if they did they would only be urine tests, which even I could manipulate.
By the way, all clean.

Not much use when the testing doesn't keep up with the drugs being used, as we've seen time and time again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Football is largely decided by skill.
Cycling is decided by endurance and power.

Drugs can never enhance skill.

Skill is only part of the game.
Endurance, stamina, speed and in tournament football recovery all play a part.

I'm Mr Doctor.
I can guarantee your team will play longer and faster than their opponents, and recover quicker.
I can guarantee they will train harder for longer and recover quick.
I can guarantee they will also recover quicker from injury.

I have all of this proof collated from a 'third world' sport with minimal prize money.

Can I interest you in taking your club, (or keeping your club) at the top table of a multi billion dollar sporting empire?

Oh and do you want to know the best bit:-
They won't even check to see if your cheating.

Easy you're dangerously close to saying:-

No drug can make you kick a ball straight, which is the hallowed ground being saved for Robbie Savage.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Premier world sporting event? Riding a bike!? Lol

OK, I'll bite:

Yeah right, 'riding a bike', that's worth an LOL....have you ever tried cycling something like 4000 kilometres and climbing several mountain ranges at an average speed that would make most punters heart explode - and all within 3 weeks - that is a hell of a feat of endurance, 5 gruelling hours in the saddle on most days, let alone racing against the top 200 professional cyclists in the world? Plus it isn't exactly the safest sport around, serious injury can occur at any moment. Just completing the first three stages here in England would be way beyond most reasonable athletes from other sports.

Its great that any punter can rock up on their push bike and try the route sometime - as many do.

Plus for spectators it is 'free' - not bad for the premier World cycling event with a 100 year history. Even if you aren't into cycling this event is passing the OP's front door - so why not check it out, especially if you have even the slightest interest in sport?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was working along Victoria Terrace, Hove when The Tour De France came through Brighton ( Twenty years ago, where has time gone? :cry: ). My abiding memory was looking at the fleet/service vehicles using the Texaco garage at King Alfred and the queue backing up past the peace statue.:moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not much use when the testing doesn't keep up with the drugs being used, as we've seen time and time again.
Very true.
Where there's money there's corruption.
Cheats will keep on cheating.

Cycling introduced a biological passport, which is as it sounds.
Every pro has one, it's a record of all their tests and specific values (red blood cell etc) therein.

Any deviation from the norm, sets the alarm bells ringing and investigations commence.

A boarderline old guard Roman Kreuziger has come under investigation today and misses the tour due to 'abnormalities' in his passport dating back to 2011/12.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As if by magic:-
2004-2014: ten years’ progress in the fight against doping in cycling
http://boxscorenews.com/ten-years-progress-in-the-fight-against-doping-in-cycling-p93013-68.htm

Annual number of out-of-competition tests in cycling 2013 - 6138.
Annual number of out-of-competition[B/] tests in tennis 2012 - 63
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23152605

I'm going to be bold enough to say I bet that is more out of comp tests than all other pro sports combined.
(Athletics might skew the figures to 'the rest of the world' but I'll take that chance)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Skill is only part of the game.
Endurance, stamina, speed and in tournament football recovery all play a part.

I'm Mr Doctor.
I can guarantee your team will play longer and faster than their opponents, and recover quicker.
I can guarantee they will train harder for longer and recover quick.
I can guarantee they will also recover quicker from injury.

I have all of this proof collated from a 'third world' sport with minimal prize money.

Can I interest you in taking your club, (or keeping your club) at the top table of a multi billion dollar sporting empire?

Oh and do you want to know the best bit:-
They won't even check to see if your cheating.

Easy you're dangerously close to saying:-

No drug can make you kick a ball straight, which is the hallowed ground being saved for Robbie Savage.

I'm not saying there'd be no advantage for a footballer to be drugged up to the eyeballs to enhance and aid his stamina. But there is a starker advantage to a cyclist.

1. Its an individual sport.
2. There is little skill involved in cycling.

Cycling is PRIMARILY about strength and endurance. Not skill. Yes there are tactics, yes there is timing. But essentially, you point the bike and you peddle like fack. And if you've take lots of drugs, you have an an excellent chance of improving your lot.

Thats not quite the case with soccerball. The team aspect dilutes the potential of a warped result, and the skill/endurance ratio is a FAR tighter equation than it is in cycling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not saying there'd be no advantage for a footballer to be drugged up to the eyeballs to enhance and aid his stamina. But there is a starker advantage to a cyclist.

Cycling is PRIMARILY about strength and endurance. Not skill. Yes there are tactics, yes there is timing. But essentially, you point the bike and you peddle like fack. And if you've take lots of drugs, you have an an excellent chance of improving your lot.

Thats not quite the case with soccerball. The team aspect dilutes the potential of a warped result, and the skill/endurance ratio is a FAR tighter equation than it is in cycling.
Which is exactly why cycling was/is used and abused.

So are you saying because the massive advantages associated with PED's are diluted within a team sport so it's less likely to prevail?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operación_Puerto_doping_case

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Alarmist!!! the OP that is,i thought i would be at some illegal rave by this time in the evening when i saw this thread earlier,surrounded by bang up for it scantily clad young ladies off their tits,instead i find myself at home on the armchair posting yet more drivel on NSC whilst wifey watches god knows what again...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I see the point of your discussion, drug taking generally enhances individual performance in sport, notably among cyclists, athletics sprinters, weightlifters and swimmers.

Cycling is not quite as clear cut as you suggest. Yes, there are individual road and track cycling events - but the majority are team races, ok it will end up with an individual winner but invariably participating teams will indulge in a very complicated tactical game of 'chess' to get the individual winner across the finish line. On the TdF just watch how for example the 9 man Sky team is primarily geared up to get Froome into the yellow jersey, and maybe keep Porte up there too in case Froome goes down. They may let other team members win stages but invariably that is to protect the team leader. The team will be composed of riders selected for not only endurance but also climbing, sprinting and time trialling. There have been examples of team management secretly doping the whole team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I live in Brighton but have heard nothing about this event until this thread, when is it happening ? This year ?
I've not had a letter this been mentioned has been set to all households?
Link to info appreciated

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see the point of your discussion, drug taking generally enhances individual performance in sport, notably among cyclists, athletics sprinters, weightlifters and swimmers.

Cycling is not quite as clear cut as you suggest. Yes, there are individual road and track cycling events - but the majority are team races, ok it will end up with an individual winner but invariably participating teams will indulge in a very complicated tactical game of 'chess' to get the individual winner across the finish line. On the TdF just watch how for example the 9 man Sky team is primarily geared up to get Froome into the yellow jersey, and maybe keep Porte up there too in case Froome goes down. They may let other team members win stages but invariably that is to protect the team leader. The team will be composed of riders selected for not only endurance but also climbing, sprinting and time trialling. There have been examples of team management secretly doping the whole team.

I'm not disagreeing with that.
But that fact remains that even with the team aspect, cycling is still primarliy a test of flat-out endurance. Football is not. Sure there are advantges to a team that can run and run and run for 90 minutes...but put Stoke City up against Barcelona and 99 times out of 100 there would still only be one winner, even if the Stokies are cracked up to eye-bulging, vein-straining, temple-pulsing Jodie Marsh proportions.

In football, skill will prevail. Cycling has no skill, therefore drugs will be the decider.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good of you to mention Barca [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], it makes my 'job' now so much easier.

Firstly you are assuming this 100 game epic duel between Barcelona and Stoke is being played on an even playing field.
Its not, only one team is playing on bread and water, and that's Stoke.

So lets go back 10 years.
I'm going to pull together Stoke's under 20 squad.
Then with the assistance of disreputable doctors and with no limit of expenditure I'm going to set to work on them.

They will spend the next 10 years carefully monitored.
They will get EPO, steroids, HGH, micro dosings, and that barely scratches the surface but its early.
They will be meticulously trained and drilled.
They will have their stored 'supercharged' blood transfused back into their bodies before each game.
(have a good look through the Lance thread I bounced, its all in there. Check out A-Rod from the Yankees 'diet')

Then they will come out to play against a team fed on bread and water.

If you are still taking Barca 99-1, then you really believed Rocky would beat Drago (sp)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not disagreeing with that.
But that fact remains that even with the team aspect, cycling is still primarliy a test of flat-out endurance. Football is not. Sure there are advantges to a team that can run and run and run for 90 minutes...but put Stoke City up against Barcelona and 99 times out of 100 there would still only be one winner, even if the Stokies are cracked up to eye-bulging, vein-straining, temple-pulsing Jodie Marsh proportions.

In football, skill will prevail. Cycling has no skill, therefore drugs will be the decider.
PED use is a lot more sophisticated that 'the winner is the person who came get the most 'roids into their arm'.
Or as we prefer in the UK 'I bought the wrong supplement from Holland & Barrett'.

As alluded to here's A-Rods alleged regime

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...alex-rodriguez-alleged-drug-regimen.html?_r=2

Scarily eye watering.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
had the unique experience a couple of tours ago,when it passed through my town,first time in about 20 years

watched the start on the tele,thinking,I'll be seeing that soon

popped down the road and watched the peleton et al, whizz (no pun intended) pass

then returned home to watch the finish,thinking, I saw that today

now you can't do that with many sporting events

love cycling,love the tour and luckily for me the tour passes through Vic Fezensac on Friday 25th July,about 20 kms from my house

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here