Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Getting back on track, now all the results are in the Tories have just had the best performance by a Governing Party for 40 years, gaining over 560 seats. As well as taking 4 of the 6 Mayoral Positions.

This should not happen to the incumbents at this point of a Parliament and if Labour don't see this as an utter wake-up call as to what people think of their current leadership then it will be Paxo time on June 8th...

The 'progressive' alliance are doing well then ... Lab/Lib/Greens all losing loads of seats in England. :facepalm:

Meanwhile, the right has reunited and May seems to be broadening the Tories appeal in places no one would expect.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The 'progressive' alliance are doing well then ... Lab/Lib/Greens all losing loads of seats in England. :facepalm:

Meanwhile, the right has reunited and May seems to be broadening the Tories appeal in places no one would expect.

The Greens were up, as you well know.
Why lie?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As someone whose Politics are very 'centre' I want Labour wiped out so Corbyn , McDowell and Abbott can disappear and the Labour Party elects a Leader I can actually support.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No they didn't lose nor did they gain I'm afraid! It is you who is lying!

Greens up six seats. Given they started with 34 that's an improvement of 17%.
greens.JPG

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Do you really think a few hundred quid for an Xbox and smartphone is the thing that is stopping people buying their own homes and paying off their student debts!?

of course not, however its a perfectly good example of what poverty means now and what it meant 30 years ago, then it would be unthinkable for the percentage of kids that do have this stuff to have had the equivalent of that kind of money spent on them. There are some people in horrible situations, and they need the support of the welfare state and quite rightly so, however I would argue that the % in actual poverty now is a fraction of what it was then if you compare like with like.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Since when were national elections restricted to just England? There was me thinking of you as a unionist as well.

They're not but the figures I was using in my previous post specifically referred to England which is why I said "Lab/Lib/Greens all losing loads of seats in England"!

You would be right.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As someone whose Politics are very 'centre' I want Labour wiped out so Corbyn , McDowell and Abbott can disappear and the Labour Party elects a Leader I can actually support.

I don't understand this logic. You'd be happy to see the privitastion of the NHS, food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, the biggest education funding cuts in decades and the defunding of local government just so you wouldn't have to 'put up' with Corbym?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Do they also do articles about false news?

The UN investigations into the Tories over the last few years has been well documented (albeit mostly ignored). It's not hard to believe they could be under investigation again.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't understand this logic. You'd be happy to see the privitastion of the NHS, food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, the biggest education funding cuts in decades and the defunding of local government just so you wouldn't have to 'put up' with Corbym?

don't worry all those spanking new tory councilors will put it all right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here